---- OFFICIAL LOUD CITY THREAD 2013/14 ---- #THUNDERdaFvCKup^

Options

Comments

• smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First Preseason Game of the Season Saturday vs some foreign squad.

Airs on NBAtv live @ 9pm EST. Then a replay @4PM EST.

what time is the TCU game?
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what time is the TCU game?

6pm CT.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Russ will probably miss the first month of the season...

[Smoke, please read before you start melting down]

“Russell has been incredible in his work and rehabilitation. He has been pain-free and has performed at a high level during practice, but has experienced recent swelling that had not subsided,” said Sam Presti in a statement. “
    After careful consideration and recommendations from the medical team, we elected to do the procedure today based on our consulting physician’s belief that the swelling would be alleviated, and in turn give Russell the best chance for sustained performance throughout the season and beyond. During the procedure it was determined that the source of swelling was due to a loose stitch, and fortunately we were also able to confirm that the meniscus has healed properly.”
  • smokelahoma
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Russ will probably miss the first month of the season...

[Smoke, please read before you start melting down]

“Russell has been incredible in his work and rehabilitation. He has been pain-free and has performed at a high level during practice, but has experienced recent swelling that had not subsided,” said Sam Presti in a statement. “
    After careful consideration and recommendations from the medical team, we elected to do the procedure today based on our consulting physician’s belief that the swelling would be alleviated, and in turn give Russell the best chance for sustained performance throughout the season and beyond. During the procedure it was determined that the source of swelling was due to a loose stitch, and fortunately we were also able to confirm that the meniscus has healed properly.”

I know what happened bruh, and Ive already melted down.

and ? , I cant even watch the game. I might even miss the OU game because I have to go to my boy's wedding this saturday. Im just glad they were kind enough to schedule it around RRR
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    lol. You be overreacting like a ? , bruh. You might wanna just not watch until January.

• smokelahoma
    edited October 2013
    Options
    lol. You be overreacting like a ? , bruh. You might wanna just not watch until January.

FOH homie, you be downplayin ? like a ? . you can have your optimistic view on things but just because I am not so sunshine and smiley faces doesnt make my points any less valid. Not having Westbrook is a big deal, its not as bad as it could be but its damn sure not good either. you the type of cat to be in the middle of an airplane crashing and be like "dont worry yall, just a lil turbulance. we'll be aight."

as far as not watching goes, I think you know better than that.
  • greenwood1921
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ain't about being "optimistic" it's about reading the facts and knowing better.

But if it's too much for you then just hold off watching until the dude comes back. Every time something comes up in the news (not just sports but anything) I look for the facts rather than the ? that most people "think" is going on.

Surgery is about two things:

1. The repair.

2. The incision (any cut that's made to break the skin, the stitches, etc.)

If either one of those things doesn't work out right, another surgery is required.

The repair part is a wrap. His meniscus is back to where it was this time last year.

The incision is not a wrap. A loose stitch needs to be taken out or replaced so the incision can heal without swelling or irritation.

It's like if you get shot in the chest. The most important thing is taking the bullet out and repairing any damage that the bullet did.

The next thing is to stitch up the wound and the incisions they used to get to the bullet and repair the damage.

If you have to go back to the hospital 3 months later to fix the incision, that don't mean you still might die from the gunshot. It just means the incision needs to be fixed for comfort.

But again, if you wanna still act like the sky is falling because of a player missing the easiest part of our schedule in a 82-game season. Then go ahead. Meanwhile, I'll be watching and enjoying KD, Ibaka ball and watching Reggie and Lamb get even more time to get burn.

You always talmbout Scott doesn't give Lamb and PJ3 more time, this forces him to. And if you think Fisher is going to play starter minutes all of a sudden that makes even less sense.

• smokelahoma
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ain't about being "optimistic" it's about reading the facts and knowing better.

But if it's too much for you then just hold off watching until the dude comes back. Every time something comes up in the news (not just sports but anything) I look for the facts rather than the ? that most people "think" is going on.

Surgery is about two things:

1. The repair.

2. The incision (any cut that's made to break the skin, the stitches, etc.)

If either one of those things doesn't work out right, another surgery is required.

The repair part is a wrap. His meniscus is back to where it was this time last year.

The incision is not a wrap. A loose stitch needs to be taken out or replaced so the incision can heal without swelling or irritation.

It's like if you get shot in the chest. The most important thing is taking the bullet out and repairing any damage that the bullet did.

The next thing is to stitch up the wound and the incisions they used to get to the bullet and repair the damage.

If you have to go back to the hospital 3 months later to fix the incision, that don't mean you still might die from the gunshot. It just means the incision needs to be fixed for comfort.

But again, if you wanna still act like the sky is falling because of a player missing the easiest part of our schedule in a 82-game season. Then go ahead. Meanwhile, I'll be watching and enjoying KD, Ibaka ball and watching Reggie and Lamb get even more time to get burn.

You always talmbout Scott doesn't give Lamb and PJ3 more time, this forces him to. And if you think Fisher is going to play starter minutes all of a sudden that makes even less sense.

1st off where did I say Fish is gonna play starter minutes? I said he's gonna play more minutes than he should, what I mean by that really is that he is gonna play more minutes at PG rather than just standing in the corner. Fish old as hell and we really just need him for the playoffs but playin 82 games is gonna wear his old ass out and the more he's out there the more often a young quick PG is gonna light him up. you're right about the Lamb/PJ3 thing but we dont have Russ to balance out things on the scoring side for what those two may lack in the beginning. I think the best thing for them is this time and experience but you gotta expect them to struggle at first.

2nd, there you go exaggerating and downplaying things again. I never said the sky was falling, all I said was that this isnt good for the team. It puts more pressure and attention on KD and Ibaka leaving them to basically put up all the points.

Ill give you that its the weakest part of the schedule but you know as well as I do, anybody can beat just about anybody in any game. whos to say somebody else doesnt go down? then we would be really ? .

like I said before, agree to disagree.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    My goal for this squad is to win the West and then win a championship.

Neither of those goals are effected by what happens in November.

It might hurt our chances of getting the #1 seed, but last time I checked, we won the West without having the #1 seed.

We need Westbrook to win in May and June. Not november.

Westbrook's injury introduced us to what Reggie could do. But that was in the playoffs so Scotty wasn't going to risk putting inexperienced nikkas like Lamb or PJ3 on the floor to committ turnovers against a defensive team like Memphis.

So now with Perk gimpy and Westbrook out for a month, this forces our coaching staff to find out if we have another Reggie Jackson sitting on the bench. Which is the main thing OKC fans have been crying about for 2 years.

The best time to experiment with lineups is November and december. The worst time is in the playoffs.

Injuries are apart of sports and like I said -- we ain't the only ones dealing with'em.

All this does is hamper a nikka's ability to stick his chest out and brag on a message board about games that ain't even been played yet.... Which is something I give no fuxxs about.
  • smokelahoma
    Options
    My goal for this squad is to win the West and then win a championship.

Neither of those goals are effected by what happens in November.

It might hurt our chances of getting the #1 seed, but last time I checked, we won the West without having the #1 seed.

We need Westbrook to win in May and June. Not november.

Westbrook's injury introduced us to what Reggie could do. But that was in the playoffs so Scotty wasn't going to risk putting inexperienced nikkas like Lamb or PJ3 on the floor to committ turnovers against a defensive team like Memphis.

So now with Perk gimpy and Westbrook out for a month, this forces our coaching staff to find out if we have another Reggie Jackson sitting on the bench. Which is the main thing OKC fans have been crying about for 2 years.

The best time to experiment with lineups is November and december. The worst time is in the playoffs.

Injuries are apart of sports and like I said -- we ain't the only ones dealing with'em.

All this does is hamper a nikka's ability to stick his chest out and brag on a message board about games that ain't even been played yet.... Which is something I give no fuxxs about.

you right bruh...
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    The squad on the way to wherever-the-? for the first preseason game...

edebd0702b8411e3aaa222000a1fb843_8.jpg

lol @ Lamb and Oktoba. Them some funny lookin' ass nikkas. Cartoon quality.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Kevin on Sportcenter yesterday...

“We’re going to miss Russ, no doubt. We’ve seen that, especially in the playoffs. So we’re going to miss him. But guys gotta step up. Everybody’s worked hard on their games this summer and we’ve got to step up. I know I’ve got to step up a lot. I’ve got to come with it. I’ve got to make sure my teammates are ready.”

Also, KD was asked about the whole being second thing: “So many people say it’s cool to be in the top three, or the top two. It’s cool that you’re considered the second best player. But I don’t care. I just want to be the best. That’s every player’s mindset and it’s definitely mine.”
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    First preseason game is a wrap.

My observations:

- Durant, 20 in the first half. I think he might be a good player someday.

- Reggie OKtober looked sharp and confident. 9 points, 5 assists on just 6 shots.

- Lamb looked bigger, faster, more confident.

- Big Zod (Adams) still showing how athletic he is. Had a quick 7 points. Just need to stop fouling so quick.

- Ibaka played damn near the whole game (smh) therefore Orton got no burn.

- Ibaka still swattin' ? out the gym.

- Fisher actually looks like he's in good shape. Played well.

- Perry Jones looks terrible.

- Roberson is all hustle.

- Seflosha has expanded his game. More aggressive in mid-range. Not just standing at the perimeter waiting on a kickout like before.

- Perk looked quicker but still trash. Dislocated his finger so he might be out for the rest of the preseason - which is good. I think Adams can deebo some PT in these preseason games. He looked like our 2nd best big behind Ibaka.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Lamb with the sky...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yXbgGXCfrh0

lol @ some white kid in Turkey repping OKC.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lamb gon get some PT this year?
  • greenwood1921
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Lamb gon get some PT this year?

Of course. Especially with Russ out for a month.

We have two players gone that got a decent amount of pt (Kevin Martin, Liggins.)

Reggie Jackson is our official 6th man, but Lamb is Kevin Martin's position replacement.
  • smokelahoma
    Options
    so my mans Orton got zero PT in that game? hopefully with Perk gone he can get some.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    He seemed kinda frustrated at Media day too. They asked him about his "opportunity" and he was like "Yeah, that's what I need - a opportunity."

That's probably why he didn't get any PT. Coaches hate that kinda ? . *shrug*

It was good to see Adams balling and Ibaka working with his back to the basket a lil bit.

I know nikkas can't stand him, but Fisher looked sharp too. His body is bound to get tired tho by January. No way he can play the kind of minutes he played in the playoffs all year. He'll be on and off the injured list.
  • smokelahoma
    Options
    He seemed kinda frustrated at Media day too. They asked him about his "opportunity" and he was like "Yeah, that's what I need - a opportunity."

That's probably why he didn't get any PT. Coaches hate that kinda ? . *shrug*

It was good to see Adams balling and Ibaka working with his back to the basket a lil bit.

I know nikkas can't stand him, but Fisher looked sharp too. His body is bound to get tired tho by January. No way he can play the kind of minutes he played in the playoffs all year. He'll be on and off the injured list.

man I feel like Scotty punk ass wasnt gonna play him anyway. he shouldve been done had a shot, Stoops be pullin this ? too. look at Roy Finch, once you ? them off with some ? that has nothing to do with the actual sport they get they panties all in a bunch and thats it for you. smh some people just refuse to help themselves.
  • greenwood1921
    edited October 2013
    Options
    They're lookin at the bottom line. I kinda understand Finch because he's garbage at picking up blitzes. And Landry Jones getting blitzed is like throwing fire-crackers at a bucket full of gasoline.
  • smokelahoma
    Options
    They're lookin at the bottom line. I kinda understand Finch because he's garbage at picking up blitzes. And Landry Jones getting blitzed is like throwing fire-crackers at a bucket full of gasoline.

Ive read and heard from several places that he wasnt doing something right off the field. I mean its one thing if a guy gets caught bangin heroin in the lockerroom or something but to pull the plug on a guys college career because he didnt make it to class on time or at all is stupid. thats on him in the long run, do your job and worry about SPORTS. Bob Stoops is not a professor, he is a coach. Thats just my opinion though. The Thunder thing is a completely different issue.

I have no idea why they dont like Orton but its obvious they dont. Im sure it has something to do with him not being "up to par" on defense or not being good at screens but if thats the case, then shouldnt it be their job to make him better at whatever he lacks. He posesses a skill that we need in a certain area and he doesnt even get the opportunity to show what he can do when it matters. what harm can he really cause that Perk doesnt already? IDK but whatever, coach always knows best. sigh....
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the hell this get locked for?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. Looks like a personal vendetta against Greenwood.
This discussion has been closed.