Herald Tier tournament

evoljeanyes
evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in Quite Comical
Choose the winner of each battle and ultimately vote for a tournament winner. Let me know if you think I am have misplaced a character in this tier or if you think a different character would have won the battle.

Nova vs Iron Man
Cable vs Namor
Magneto vs Ghost Rider
Beta Ray Bill vs Black Bolt

Nova over Iron Man
Cable over Namor
Ghost Rider over Magneto
Beta Ray Bill over Black Bolt

Nova over Cable
Beta Ray Bill over Ghost Rider (barely, this is a tough one for me)

Beta Ray Bill over Nova

Herald Tier tournament 4 votes

Nova
0%
IronMan
0%
Cable
0%
Namor
0%
Magneto
25%
Sour-Cream 1 vote
Ghost Rider
0%
BetaRay Bill
75%
DarkRaidenDrMindbender122evoljeanyes 3 votes
Black Bolt
0%

Comments

• evoljeanyes
    BetaRay Bill
    I think this is a damn good tier battle
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Namor and Iron Man Black Bolt aint on that level and even ? Cable aint on herald level

And Ghost Rider is one of the most powerful entities in the marvel universe he stomps all of them

Beta Ray Bill and Nova (Nova Force) comes in 2nd
  • evoljeanyes
    BetaRay Bill
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Namor and Iron Man Black Bolt aint on that level and even ? Cable aint on herald level

And Ghost Rider is one of the most powerful entities in the marvel universe he stomps all of them

Beta Ray Bill and Nova (Nova Force) comes in 2nd

Ghost Rider is powerful...not one of the most powerful entities in marvel...he is below surfer/Thor...beta ray bill had enough power to put him down.
    ? Cable is pretty close to Nate grey which puts him in herald tier for sure. You're probably right about Namor...but bolt and stark are just fine...I think you're overrating ghostrider john blaze a bit.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    BetaRay Bill
    Iron Man and Namor...not Herald Tier. Even BRB and Ghost Rider are borderline at best. Black Bolt is though. I give BRB Cause he's like Thor and Thor's the truth. Blackbolt might win, but I think Stormbreaker got something against that.

• evoljeanyes
    BetaRay Bill
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Iron Man and Namor...not Herald Tier. Even BRB and Ghost Rider are borderline at best. Black Bolt is though. I give BRB Cause he's like Thor and Thor's the truth. Blackbolt might win, but I think Stormbreaker got something against that.

Agreed...I was off on Namor. But Stark with his good armor is straight...? sleep on Bolt....plus Iron-Man gave magneto that work in avx
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    BetaRay Bill
    DarkRaiden wrote: »

Agreed...I was off on Namor. But Stark with his good armor is straight...? sleep on Bolt....plus Iron-Man gave magneto that work in avx

Even though that fight is canon, I always thought it was ? .

Also, didn't Mags get distracted or something which allowed Stark to get the "W" over Mags?

Anyway, Stark was shook about going up against Mags again in one of those AvX: Consequences issues.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Namor is far more powerful than Ironman..if this is ? Cable, i'd go with him to win out..Is that Nova as Richard Ryder or Nova the herald?
  • evoljeanyes
    BetaRay Bill
    jaxn wrote: »
    Namor is far more powerful than Ironman..if this is ? Cable, i'd go with him to win out..Is that Nova as Richard Ryder or Nova the herald?

No not ? -Cable...Namor is not more powerful than IronMan. If Namor hasn't taken off Tony's mask in the WATER Namor would have gotten his ass whooped. Namor is too damn slow on land and has no resistance to energy...Stark would work his ass out...unless they went straight hand to hand.
  • evoljeanyes
    BetaRay Bill
    ? Rider
  • jaxn

No not ? -Cable...Namor is not more powerful than IronMan. If Namor hasn't taken off Tony's mask in the WATER Namor would have gotten his ass whooped. Namor is too damn slow on land and has no resistance to energy...Stark would work his ass out...unless they went straight hand to hand.
    Namor is legit CL 100. Ironman would have to bust out special armor if he has any hopes of defeating him in a non prep battle. The last time Ironman stepped to Namor, Namor ? rushed him and ripped his mask off and told him to stay in his place. I don't know what you mean about him being too slow on land unless you're saying he gets weaker. He's been rocking a hydro suit since the 80s to prevent that from happening.
  • evoljeanyes
    BetaRay Bill

Namor is legit CL 100. Ironman would have to bust out special armor if he has any hopes of defeating him in a non prep battle. The last time Ironman stepped to Namor, Namor ? rushed him and ripped his mask off and told him to stay in his place. I don't know what you mean about him being too slow on land unless you're saying he gets weaker. He's been rocking a hydro suit since the 80s to prevent that from happening.

This is inaccurate...Namor has low flight speed. No chance of him keeping up with stark unless its in water...Namor is not class 100 strength and if he is...Tony has class 100 armour. Even if he doesn't tony stays in the air and blasts the ? out pf Namor repeatedly leaving him no chance at victory. Tony was punching the ? out of Namor under water. He ripped his mask off to drown him and get the upper hand...he flew out of the water and Strange checked his ass...at an Illuminati meeting. Namor is overrated. AQUAMAN runs the water anyways.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus Cable is most definitely on Herald Tier. He went toe to toe with Surfer who is the strongest Herald by a wide margin. He may have lost, but his performance suggests that he rivals some of the other Heralds. I'm betting he could beat Terrax.
  • jaxn

This is inaccurate...Namor has low flight speed. No chance of him keeping up with stark unless its in water...Namor is not class 100 strength and if he is...Tony has class 100 armour. Even if he doesn't tony stays in the air and blasts the ? out pf Namor repeatedly leaving him no chance at victory. Tony was punching the ? out of Namor under water. He ripped his mask off to drown him and get the upper hand...he flew out of the water and Strange checked his ass...at an Illuminati meeting. Namor is overrated. AQUAMAN runs the water anyways.

I just want to know if you're serious with this post? Namor isn't CL 100? Namor, the only Atlantean mutant with flight, has low flight speed?
  • DrMindbender122
    BetaRay Bill
    Remember, Namor has held his own against the Hulk (albeit the stupid/savage version) several times.

On the other hand, Stark has come up with the Hulk and Thor Buster armors. So perhaps with prep time, Stark might be able to beat Namor.

I even would venture to say that Iron Man would beat Namor with his current ? Killer armor. Didn't Rocket Racoon help him rebuild it with alien technology during his tenure with The Guardians of the Galaxy right before Infinity started?

In a straight up hand to hand spur of the moment brawl, Namor owns regular armor Iron Man.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost Rider is stupid powerful
  • evoljeanyes
    BetaRay Bill

Namor flies at low speeds. He can't keep up with Tony. Tony is too smart to be suckered into water. Out pf water Namor is class 75-80 I thought for sure. His flight speed is like 120mph I believe stated canon in comics.
  • jaxn
    Remember, Namor has held his own against the Hulk (albeit the stupid/savage version) several times.

On the other hand, Stark has come up with the Hulk and Thor Buster armors. So perhaps with prep time, Stark might be able to beat Namor.

I even would venture to say that Iron Man would beat Namor with his current ? Killer armor. Didn't Rocket Racoon help him rebuild it with alien technology during his tenure with The Guardians of the Galaxy right before Infinity started?

In a straight up hand to hand spur of the moment brawl, Namor owns regular armor Iron Man.

the ? Killer armor wasn't created by Stark and was designed to fight Celestials. Ironman's Hulk and Thor buster armors have never shown to be effective in a battle with the two. With prep, of course he can come up with a victory but just in a head to head? Ironman would be hard pressed to draw even
  • evoljeanyes
    BetaRay Bill

Namor flies at low speeds. He can't keep up with Tony. Tony is too smart to be suckered into water. Out pf water Namor is class 75-80 I thought for sure. His flight speed is like 120mph I believe stated canon in comics.
  • jaxn
    nah, Namor is CL 100 ..he's strength will begin to wain the longer he's out of water, but its nothing instant..besides, he's had a hydration suit for such instances for quite sometime now. I'm not really sure about the speed argument since they're both comparable..neither of them are walking around with speed on the level of a Photon. IM isn't outrunning him and vice versa
  • evoljeanyes
    BetaRay Bill
    Iron man would for sure outrun him @jaxn...iron man has been clocked out sound speed
  • jaxn
  • Rondre Sleaze Twin
    Rondre Sleaze Twin Members Posts: 368 ✭✭
    Heralds in order

1.Silver Surfer
    2.The Fallen One
    3.Morg the Executioner
    4.Stardust
    5. Red Shift
    6.Firelord
    7. Terrax the Tamer
    8.Nova\Frankie Raye
    9.Gabriel the Air-Walker
    10.Praeter

alot of those char aint heRALD
  • Rondre Sleaze Twin
    Rondre Sleaze Twin Members Posts: 368 ✭✭
    Here's some of the characters i would put in herald tier

Adam Warlock, Cyborg Supes, Sentry, Thor, Gladitor, some Hulks, Shaman NAte, Scarlett Witch, Mr. MAjestic, DOc Manhattan, Black adam, Genis Vel, Moonstone Zemo, Maxima, Spawn, Sinestro, Wally West, Supes

• evoljeanyes
    BetaRay Bill
    My bad I separated top tier and herald tier...so ours looks different
  • DrMindbender122
    BetaRay Bill
    I think Gladiator might be slightly above Herald tier level.