Lengthening legs in the name of Jesus?

Options
KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
The man named Pete Cabrera JR claims he can heal people in the name of Jesus.. in this clip along with others I had seen he asks the leg in the name of Jesus to come out, and it allegedly gets longer.. On another clip I saw a man named Thomas Fischer do the same for a teenager who was complaining of back ache, so evened out his legs lengths in the name of Jesus ? ? ? ?

Does anyone believe that having this profound faith in Jesus as Lord can have these things happen?

PETE CABRERA JR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o_YuLoB-oI

THOMAS FISCHER - says he is a co-laborer of Christ?? In this vid says he heals a man of a stretchmark near his bicep???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=234wRQbxYyw

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is more akin to a magic trick. It would be more convincing if he were to heal a paraplegic and revive someone from the dead in the name of Jesus.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    This is more akin to a magic trick. It would be more convincing if he were to heal a paraplegic and revive someone from the dead in the name of Jesus.

Definitely. I thought they were all in on it and being silly. But again could be like any faith, where some are out pedaling it to suck the naive in.

I have not heard of any genuine 'miracle' like this, but if they were to raise a person from the dead, then I'd be genuinely blown away.

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the mind is powerful enough that, if someone believed something beyond a shadow of a doubt, they could manifest things to happen that they otherwise can't explain. Like spontaneous healing. I think the mind has the power to do that. If people want to attribute that kind of power to something else instead of claiming it, or maybe they aren't able to accept it, whatever, you're healed go be happy.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    .IRS. wrote: »
    I think the mind is powerful enough that, if someone believed something beyond a shadow of a doubt, they could manifest things to happen that they otherwise can't explain. Like spontaneous healing. I think the mind has the power to do that. If people want to attribute that kind of power to something else instead of claiming it, or maybe they aren't able to accept it, whatever, you're healed go be happy.
    I agree.. to an extent.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ...if only they can pardon sin. Now that would be miraculous.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    .IRS. wrote: »

The mind can do a lot and can have an effect on the body and of course the concept of healing would come from direct of a deity.