If you believe the Devil will punish you in hell..

Options

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If a person is never introduced to the notion of ? will he go to hell if he doesn't repent?

1. Every person, that can reason and is of the age of accountability, knows that there is a ? . How? Because ? ordained when and where each and every human being would live before He created the world, in order that humans would seek after Him and find Him.

"From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. ? did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being." Acts 17:26-28

2. There is a no excuse for a person, who can reason and is of the age of accountability, to ever say to ? on judgment day that they never knew He existed. How? Because nature itself testifies to there being a Creator.

"For since the creation of the world ? ’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." Romans 1:20

3. The problem is not mankind knowing who ? is because all the religions of the world testify to mankind knowing that there is a greater power; rather the problem is that mankind makes ? into their own image of what their "? " should be and act like. Hence, you have all these religions in the world.

"For although they knew ? , they neither glorified him as ? nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal ? for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles." Romans 1:21-23

4. ? is no respecter of persons. If a person dies as a unrepentant sinner they will have to pay for their sins on judgment day. Romans 2 explains this clearly, whether you are Jew or a gentile.

"All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in ? ’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) This will take place on the day when ? judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares." Romans 2:12-16

So A Muslim who worships to Allah is just as right as a Christian who worships Jesus. They are both ? , just different names correct? It's more the spiritual aspect am I right?

No my friend. Muslims fundementally deny that Jesus Christ is ? , that He is the Savior, and that only through Him can our sins be forgiven.

Have you asked the LORD Jesus Christ to be your Savior my friend?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    3. The problem is not mankind knowing who ? is because all the religions of the world testify to mankind knowing that there is a greater power; rather the problem is that mankind makes ? into their own image of what their "? " should be and act like. Hence, you have all these religions in the world.

False. There are a few non theistic religions in the east.

Also, Jesus says no one comes to the father except through him. Christians have interpreted this to mean that simply believing in ? will not do but rather one must "give their lives" (or whatever they're saying now) to Christ in order to be saved and receive the eternal reward as opposed to eternal damnation. This separates Christianity from all other religions even those that are theistic.

The religions that you talk about in the east, worship some type of idol, even if that idol is their very own being. Anything that takes glory away from the true and living ? , is an idol; which can be an innumerable amount of things.

And yes, Jesus is the only way to the Father. Amen.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also, Jesus says no one comes to the father except through him. Christians have interpreted this to mean that simply believing in ? will not do but rather one must "give their lives" (or whatever they're saying now) to Christ in order to be saved and receive the eternal reward as opposed to eternal damnation. This separates Christianity from all other religions even those that are theistic.

The religions that you talk about in the east, worship some type of idol, even if that idol is their very own being. Anything that takes glory away from the true and living ? , is an idol; which can be an innumerable amount of things.

Some of them don't worship anything.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

They worship themselves, by denying the true and living ? .
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Tell me why you don't want to live forever with the King of the universe, Jesus Christ?
  • Bodhi
    edited October 2013
    Options

They worship themselves, by denying the true and living ? .

Not necessarily.
  • Bodhi
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Tell me why you don't want to live forever with the King of the universe, Jesus Christ?

I don't believe in all of that. I just like to discuss philosophy and religion with ya'll.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

I don't believe in all of that. I just like to discuss philosophy and religion with ya'll.

You have a seeking heart brother. Why do you deny the truth?
  • Bodhi
    Options

I accept the truth. But it's not your truth. Your truth, to me, is not truth.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Truth is truth my friend. And the truth is that Jesus Christ loves you and died for you. Why do you resist the truth?
  • Bodhi
    Options

Truth is truth my friend. And the truth is that Jesus Christ loves you and died for you. Why do you resist the truth?

I don't believe that is the truth.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Why?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Because I do not believe in your ? . My ? is Nature. Your ? is an unnecessary personification of Nature.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    So that means I don't believe in sin and therefore no one can die for your "sins" so I don't believe in Jesus the Christ
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    So you worship something that can't see, can't hear, can't walk, and can't talk? What type of ? is that?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    So that means I don't believe in sin and therefore no one can die for your "sins" so I don't believe in Jesus the Christ

Jesus did die for your sins though. Even if you fail to realize that truth.

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where does your sense of morality come from?
  • Bodhi
    Options

I believe its only logical. Nature evolves into the multiplicity of forms that we have today in order to experience itself. Morality comes from respecting the path or the process of Nature and taking care of the earth and your fellow man so that they can share in the experience and live to the fullest.
  • Bodhi
    Options
  • Bodhi
    Options
    So you worship something that can't see, can't hear, can't walk, and can't talk? What type of ? is that?

Nature has the ability to pour out and take the form of things that can do all of that. We are the living embodiment and manifestation of that expression. It is the process that gives birth to all things.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

I believe its only logical. Nature evolves into the multiplicity of forms that we have today in order to experience itself. Morality comes from respecting the path or the process of Nature and taking care of the earth and your fellow man so that they can share in the experience and live to the fullest.

But what about the things or actions people make that would be considered sin from a theists perception, but not infringe on the the next man's ability to "live to the fullest"
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Options

Nature has the ability to pour out and take the form of things that can do all of that. We are the living embodiment and manifestation of that expression. It is the process that gives birth to all things.

Maybe why the scripture repeats "I AM"?
  • Bodhi
    Options

But what about the things or actions people make that would be considered sin from a theists perception, but not infringe on the the next man's ability to "live to the fullest"

Like what?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

Like what?

Adultry for one.

• Bodhi
    Options

Like what?

Adultry for one.

Adultery has many negative consequences that may end in mental or physical suffering. Therefore its an act you may want to avoid. Adultery is selfishness and does not take into account the feelings of all persons involved.