Anti HOH Tennis: Swiss Edition

Options
Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
Martina Hingis and her mother 'beat up her estranged husband and threatened to set the Russians on him'

By ELLIE BUCHDAHL

The husband of the former Swiss tennis champion, Martina Hingis, claims he had to flee to France to escape his estranged wife and her mother, saying they assaulted him, tried to steal his car and threatened by text message to 'set the Russians on him'.

Thibault Hutin, 27, a French equestrian, said that 32-year-old Hingis and her mother, Melanie Molitor, beat him and scratched during a dispute at their apartment in the Swiss village of Feusisberg.

Molitor's boyfriend Mario Widmer also hit him in the head with a DVD player, Hutin claimed.

Hutin - who accused his wife of serial adultery when the couple separated in July - said he believed Hingis had tried to break into his car a few days before, as he could see that someone had tampered with it and she was the only person other than himself to have a key to the garage.

'As far as I was concerned, there was only one possible culprit: Martina!' he said.

Hutin, who has yet to finalise his divorce with the tennis player, said Hingis had made off with his passport and credit cards when he fled the apartment.

'I have bruises and scratches on the neck, head and right forearm,' he told the Swiss newspaper Blick. 'I'm really scared and asking myself, what comes next - a bullet?

'I have been brought up never to hit a woman,' he said. 'I fought back because Mario Widmer - Melanie's partner - hit me on the head with the DVD player.'

Police in the central Swiss canton of Schwyz confirmed that Hutin had called them, and that they had been called to deal with a family argument on the evening Hutin described.

Hutin said he had to ask police to retrieve his passport and credit cards from the apartment, and had left Switzerland for Paris where he felt 'safe from them'.

'They wanted to massacre me,' he said. 'I'm shocked! I'd never have thought it would come so far.

'First she betrays me, then she tries to break into my car. Now she's attacking me physically and stealing my possessions.

'Most recently I have even received a text threatening to set the Russians on me.

'I don't know how much further this is going to go.'

martina_hingis17.jpg

hingis.jpg

162590.jpg

Comments