Who ever ends the conversation first, holds the most power in the interaction

BigBallsNoWorries
BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
have u ever had it where you talking to someone or whatever and they be like

oh i gotta go, or it was nice talking to you and then leave, and especially if they initated it first

or you on the phone and the person be like I'll call u later, it makes u feel like damn they must be busy

alot of ppl may say they know it, but dont realize it enough as they should

whoever ends the convo first, usually is the one that is "viewed" as the more important individual, even tho they prolly going just to ? off and or go to the house to do jack ?

or whatever

speak on this ?

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're overthinking it.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it doesnt really matter...it depends on the people.....

someone can end a convo because they lost total control and is beginning to look crazy or they dont know what they talking about. they may think they got control because they just ended it and didnt let the person get the last word or point across.....

i always laugh at it....it actually lets me know how or not to deal with you in the future.

the people with the most control never needs to flaunt their power
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's true tho. The one who shows the least interest but I don't understand how a relationship can happen when both sides don't care about ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    23125145 wrote: »
    That's true tho. The one who shows the least interest but I don't understand how a relationship can happen when both sides don't care about ?

so not having interest is have power?
    yea ok
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pralims wrote: »
    23125145 wrote: »

so not having interest is have power?
    yea ok

If you do it has to be not too much not to less but in the middle, which don't exist.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iono mayne i end most convos because i get bored
  • 2stepz_ahead
    so if someone is mad at you an ends a convo ...what do they have?

if someone is running late and ends a convo ...what do they have?

too much placed on false senses of power
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear I think you doing research to write a book on male female interactions with the threads you srart
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anymore foolish advice I can take from the IC?
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats why u dont linger around on the phone with a ? . always end the convo first
  • Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever can impose their will unchecked has power. These methods phone calls house visits are just mediums to express that power.
  • Kat
    Ya'll sound like idiots.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk what This about but there's no better feeling than walking away from a stupid hoe mid argument and leaving her ass standing there clueless
  • Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya'll sound like idiots.

Hey ? you must want a spankin

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe I got tired wtf

Everybody ain't analyzing convos like that breh
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    have u ever had it where you talking to someone or whatever and they be like

oh i gotta go, or it was nice talking to you and then leave, and especially if they initated it first

or you on the phone and the person be like I'll call u later, it makes u feel like damn they must be busy

alot of ppl may say they know it, but dont realize it enough as they should

whoever ends the convo first, usually is the one that is "viewed" as the more important individual, even tho they prolly going just to ? off and or go to the house to do jack ?

or whatever

speak on this ?

I've been noticing this a lot too. I'm at the library, see someone I know, they come to talk for a few then leave and I'm like 'wtf was the point of that?' They pulled me away from my ? for meaningless chit-chat.

The way I see it if someone can pull you away from whatever it is you are doing to engage them in conversation then it demonstrates that you have given them more importance than whatever it is you were doing right before they started talking to you. By leaving the conversation first they prioritized whatever it is they are going to do over talking to you. Creates a hierarchy where you and your business are now at the bottom.

And people wonder why I ignore them at the library.
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They only hold the power if you give it to them, running on the IC making threads about it hoping to get confirmation on how you feel.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overthinkin it? Really on the IC where threads like

"How do I get ? ", "I think she cheating on me because of blah blah"

Or "Black women this or black women that"

Yet this thread is too much

If your s/o who u just started dating keeps ending the convo prematurely, subconsciously especially if u r a woman

Thinking what is he doing and with who, y did he hang up

Even though he prolly had to go for real becuz he had wrk n the morning or he had that intervention about being a ? ass ?

Regardless, your mind wanders especially if u r geuinely interested in the Person

I've had hoes ask me what am I doing and when I say nothin and it really is nothin, they b like u lying, I KNOW, u r doing something, I'm like ? get your telepathic ass all the way the ? outta here

50 cent even said this in a song when talkin bout jay-z, sayin Jay think he too big to respond

Just shedding light on a subject that some ppl don't understand how deep it can go

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    i remember back in junior high the home phone in my room Caller ID was broke. I'd be cussing a broad out and hang up.

Then they'd call me back about 15 minutes later I'd answer and she'd hang up. Be salty as ? .

Then I'd call them back and they wouldn't answer......I'd be left out there like "damn it!!!" "? answer so i can hang up in your face!!!!" nooooooooo.

image.w174h200f3.jpg

After the first time that happened, I'd hang up once hold my head high and just not answer the phone for the rest of the day. I'd hear that phone go off maybe 30 minutes later like "yeah".
    F everybody else either I'm callin out or you gotta have my mama number to get in touch with me.
  • Kat
    I wasn't faulting you for making the thread, but ya'll are in here making a big deal over ending a phone call.

IF you're doing that as a method of control or gaining power, you're lame as ? ...please know that not everybody thinks like this.

I know I don't. I just don't really like talking on the phone so it doesn't take long for me to be trying to get off the phone...no games intended.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to say. If Im on the phone, no matter who Im talking to Im usually looking for a way to end that conversation. Now in person, if the convo is flowing we can talk forever if need be.

I would say the t/s thoughts holds "some" merit, but its not airtight.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol this thread premise goes out the window the instant someone actually intended, for whatever reason, the other person to be the one to initiate hang up anyway