2»

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overthinkin it? Really on the IC where threads like

"How do I get ? ", "I think she cheating on me because of blah blah"

Or "Black women this or black women that"

Yet this thread is too much

If your s/o who u just started dating keeps ending the convo prematurely, subconsciously especially if u r a woman

Thinking what is he doing and with who, y did he hang up

Even though he prolly had to go for real becuz he had wrk n the morning or he had that intervention about being a ? ass ?

Regardless, your mind wanders especially if u r geuinely interested in the Person

I've had hoes ask me what am I doing and when I say nothin and it really is nothin, they b like u lying, I KNOW, u r doing something, I'm like ? get your telepathic ass all the way the ? outta here

50 cent even said this in a song when talkin bout jay-z, sayin Jay think he too big to respond

Just shedding light on a subject that some ppl don't understand how deep it can go

Came back in and read this. Ok I get what you're sayin. B/c I've had this happen to me. It's like you can't even get off the phone w/o having to explain why. If not, you get accused of doin something you're not. All b/c they want you to stay on the phone and talk with them forever.

This is why I mostly text. Don't have to deal wit that.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely true. Theres books on this.

My best friend from HS used to read them books n preach that ? to us. We ignored him but to this day its stuck in my head. I'll be in the middle of convo, makin a bytch laugh, then abruptly cut it short. Its a very subtle but effective psychological power move
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    I'll be in the middle of convo, makin a bytch laugh, then abruptly cut it short. Its a very subtle but effective psychological power move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YaaZZN9VYs
  • S2J
    You're overthinking it.

Katt no disrespect---b/c of course I always respect you--- but you the prototype chick somethin like this works on: Women with preconcieved notions from years of bein fuked over...Let a dude u feelin start to act outside the box, u wouldnt know what to do
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are so easily overthrown.

This mindset (which is baseless), along with "The Person Who Cares Least Has the Most Power" summarize relationships that contain weak minded people. You know what is more effective than not caring? Not taking nonchalant people serious in the first place.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who feel the need to end the conversation first b/c they perceive it as some kind of power move, are in all likelihood, insecure about their place in the relationship w/ the person they're speaking with.

It's more likely that if you are perceiving your need to end a conversation first as a necessary show of power, you are not trying to show your power, but trying to reclaim a sense of power b/c you recognize the other person as being someone more important than yourself.

It's a sense of insecurity and lack of self-confidence.

The only time you need to be "leaving early" from anything is when you're at someone's house. Don't be that person who has to be told by the host "alright, it's time to go" (however nice they try to say it) - that's the mark of someone who doesn't realize when to leave, and that's annoying as hell.

Abruptly ending a conversation b/c you dont' want the other person to do that first is just childish, and kinda weird, especially if both people have nothing to say. If anything, your self-awareness should kick in when there's nothing left to say. In THAT case, you end the interaction and leave. Awkwardly standing around or sitting with someone without anything to say, only to leave a few minutes later, is awkward as ? . And even then, the silence of sitting w/ someone is fine if you both have a relationship where you can be around each other and not have to say anything to enjoy each others' company.

To me, that's one of the markers of a good friendship or relationship w/ someone - you can just sit comfortably with them without having to force conversation. I have guy and girl friends that I can just sit around w/ and do jack ? , but there's nothing uncomfortable.

The other marker, IMO, is being able to not see or talk to someone for a long time and when you do see them, you just pick up without having to catch up or get past any formalities.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rock Well wrote: »
    Lol this thread premise goes out the window the instant someone actually intended, for whatever reason, the other person to be the one to initiate hang up anyway

T/s sounds like he initiates conversations, and all the while when speaking just waits for the perfect moment to end it, then walks away like he's the HNIC.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hockey Night in Canada?
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now i"ll be 300 wit yall

I only pointed something that prolly has occured to everyone at least in life

and i get critcized for it?

Now im not saying u should analyze every social interaction be like a freak, im just saying its subtle thingss like this that go unnoticed

but im saying this tho, it racks some ppls nerve when u say i gotta go, especially a female u just met and is interested in you

her panties will b soaking by the time u call back and she will b waiting right nxt to the phone especially if u ended the convo on a high note

or better yet another experiment yall prolly have tried if not, try it, dont say nothing on the other end, besides picking up, and agreeing, ppl get mad uncomfortable dealing with silence lol

Young Adonis: yea i feel u

Bad ? #5828528: so im saying you and me go well wit each other, and your so much fun to hang with

Young Adonis: *Silence*

Bad Bitcch #5828528: im going to b honest

Bad ? #5828528: I want you to beat my ? up like a prize fight

Young Adoins: *Silence*

Bad ? #5828528: Hello

Bad ? #5828528: HELLLO, ARE YOU ? THERE

Young Adonis: yea im listenin, and i feel u

lol ? hilarious

and no i dont play social mind games with people all the time, its just interesting being aware of certain situations and noticing how different people react to different problems
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds false.

I always make ? up like that to end conversations early due to my disability.

I certainty don't hold any power.
  • S2J
    ^^^Thats far too many words bruh lol,but thats another one thats powerful: Silence.

Used in dating AND in sales.

My old slimey sales manager who used to rake in 6 figs in commision showed me a whole rack o ? . He would give a minimal sales pitch, close his portfolio shut, lean back away from them, then ? . People inherently want what they cant have and become more curious the less somebody else gives a ? if u want in. I love mental ? like that
  • Down South Slangin
    Down South Slangin Members Posts: 207 ✭✭
    Opposite sex (male or female) likes mystery and somebody that is or seems 'busy' alot.

So by you always saying 'let me call you back' or whateva gives off that notion.

Now some of us are REAL with it and really do have a interesting and busy enough life to have to do that and some of yall just flagging and playing mind games, ending perfectly good convos just to go beat off or play video games or some ? lol more power to ya.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the situation very few things are that black and white.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So whoever closes the thread first has the most power.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    But I created it, and I initially had the power and whoever closes the thread recevies the power of power only because I allowed it by creating this thread which is based on power

• BigBallsNoWorries
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    ^^^Thats far too many words bruh lol,but thats another one thats powerful: Silence.

Used in dating AND in sales.

My old slimey sales manager who used to rake in 6 figs in commision showed me a whole rack o ? . He would give a minimal sales pitch, close his portfolio shut, lean back away from them, then ? . People inherently want what they cant have and become more curious the less somebody else gives a ? if u want in. I love mental ? like that

I'm telling you most ppl are not aware of mental games period, thinking ? is sweet till they get royally mind ? with no ? only becuz of the dryness of their imagination that couldn't achieve the power of comprehending what the ? I just stated when I stated what I stated therefore allowing their minds to b warped yet functional thru this web of fuckery