For the fellow men who were raised without a father/male presence..

Options
SnuffDaddy
SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
...have you ever acknowledged or noticed where you missed your father in your ways of thinking/acting?

*in before the clowning*. The trolls will have a field day i'm sure, but ? it, lol.

Serious question.

Ever recognized some of the female traits you took on being raised by women? Whether we notice it or not we adopt alot of it. Some go searching for male presence in the streets cuz of it. Doesnt negate the potential female traits still tho.

I grew up without a father & consistant male influence around me. Was raised by moms, who actually handled it well & was a rarity around my way, but never any real good consistant male presence. Had very few one's for a short duration of time but they came & left or were really bad. Almost murdered my step-father a few years ago, for really real. Still feel guilty for not doing to this day.

Anyway, i always noticed how sympathetic i was/am, especially towards other women. Like i was/am that "nice guy". Not saying i was better than anyone else or that i was a pushover but i was always that good kid. That, of course, isnt a female trait but thats something i got from my mother.

As a kid i was a little uncomfortable around certain aggressive male enviroments or people in general with a certain kind of "confidence", cuz i wasnt used to it, still aint. I wasnt a ? or whatever but i just wasnt that comfortable. Things like that made people, wannabe bullies, test me tho. Wasnt bullied but i got tried alot.

Then i also noticed that i was sensitive early on. Still am, definitely not as much tho. I also see that i have a nurturing side when it comes to kids (Not in no ? way either ? ! lol). But as far as loving kids & showing love to them & that is generally a female trait, that i got from my moms. Then i also got insecure alot, which is normal, but cuz i really didnt/dont know how a man is supposed to be/act i always was insecure about alot of stuff.

Over the years though because of my experiences in life i kinda got that male aggressivness thrown at me, like 2pac said, which has made me more cynical, less sympathetic, less forgiving & all that.

Anyone else have things they can acknowledge about themselves? ? finna clown, lol, but i'm seriously wondering.

Comments

• SnuffDaddy
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    No kid should be comfortable in a violent/super aggressive enviroment.

Right, but let's be honest with all the testosterone & and a society that tells us that a man is supposed to be "tough" or whatever it'll always be around and most males will have to face it, unfortunately. Females actually play a part in it as well whether they realize it or not.

But then again, it can also be argued is cuz some of them dont really know what a man is either so they go looking for some sort of protector/provider.
  • SnuffDaddy
    Options
    I notice a lot of fatherless ? act real reckless. They have the bodies and strength of a boy but the lack of discipline and have the stupid temper of their mothers. They never get taught to be accountable for their actions so they do stupid ? like shoot another lil ? over some j's.

True. I would definitely say that im not like that. Im very logical and self acctountable tbh. The temper ? is definitely true about me tho. I get really sensitive/upset quick, almost always have to have the last word and all that.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I notice a lot of fatherless ? act real reckless. They have the bodies and strength of a boy but the lack of discipline and have the stupid temper of their mothers. They never get taught to be accountable for their actions so they do stupid ? like shoot another lil ? over some j's.

i know plenty of dudes who have both parents that act stupid tho too. Its just that the majority of boys who get in trouble dont have fathers. I think it's more of an issue of a lack of guidance and correction. raising a child is hard enough to do with a spouse, so for a single mother it is even more difficult. I think some mothers give up after a while. And even when they don't, most boys who act out do so because of environmental influences that they see as models of how they should be. Without good role models, its hard to become something you never have had exposure to.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You live in a hyper masculine society and a lack of father figures help creates the personification that being super tough all the time is apart of manhood in which really means we you need to be a protector, provider, and a builder of society.

You need a balance of both female and male positive influences because in order for us to be whole we need to have both presence or we will lean far right or two left. Females are usually right brain and males are usually left brain, but to be a whole person or holistic you need both parts in unison.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i grew up without a father i can relate to some ? u posted nh
    would yall forgive your father when u get older and he wants to meet you and ? ? im not really that forgiving atm he wrote me some letters iont even read that ? goes straight to the bin.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope thread.

I've asked myself this plenty of times and I can't really think of any.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    No kid should be comfortable in a violent/super aggressive enviroment.

true...

But what ends up happening is you have to learn how to survive within environments like that so u can live comfortably. And this doesn't necessarily mean you have to become a monster to do so. And that's most of the issues these kids have. I was raised in an environment like that, but I had parents who wouldn't let me be negatively impacted by it and instilled values in me that helped me through when they weren't around.
  • SnuffDaddy
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You live in a hyper masculine society and a lack of father figures help creates the personification that being super tough all the time is apart of manhood in which really means we you need to be a protector, provider, and a builder of society.

You need a balance of both female and male positive influences because in order for us to be whole we need to have both presence or we will lean far right or two left. Females are usually right brain and males are usually left brain, but to be a whole person or holistic you need both parts in unison.

Exactly! Thank you.

Tbh cuz of ? like this i sometimes feel unsure of ever being with a woman feeling that i can satisfy those qualities..cuz i might not be appear to be super masculine or whatever, and maybe i aint. I do know that i would make a good father, affectionette and involved and things of that nature. But i might not look like im comfortable/paranoid in certain enviroments and might not look like a can knock ? out left and right and all that or look procective, especially considering the enviromen i still live in. I would die for my child if i had one tho.

So it's real iffy..

On another level i think what happened also is that some of my frustrations in dealing with my mother, other females mixed with my temper made me very skeptic towards them and maybe even somewhat angry at them. So its a real weird thing.

I hear u as well @MansaMusa67
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank ? my son has a daddy.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »

Exactly! Thank you.

Tbh cuz of ? like this i sometimes feel unsure of ever being with a woman feeling that i can satisfy those qualities..cuz i might not be appear to be super masculine or whatever, and maybe i aint. I do know that i would make a good father, affectionette and involved and things of that nature. But i might not look like im comfortable/paranoid in certain enviroments and might not look like a can knock ? out left and right and all that or look procective, especially considering the enviromen i still live in. I would die for my child if i had one tho.

So it's real iffy..

On another level i think what happened also is that some of my frustrations in dealing with my mother, other females mixed with my temper made me very skeptic towards them and maybe even somewhat angry at them. So its a real weird thing.

I hear u as well @MansaMusa67

I would say learn about the different energies and become a whole person. Study up on the sciences and symbolism of Egypt. There are reasons they left that knowledge up on the wall. I learned a whole lot by studying them.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    would yall forgive your father when u get older and he wants to meet you and ? ? im not really that forgiving atm he wrote me some letters iont even read that ? goes straight to the bin.

@SnuffDaddy
  • Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i know plenty of dudes who have both parents that act stupid tho too. Its just that the majority of boys who get in trouble dont have fathers. I think it's more of an issue of a lack of guidance and correction. raising a child is hard enough to do with a spouse, so for a single mother it is even more difficult. I think some mothers give up after a while. And even when they don't, most boys who act out do so because of environmental influences that they see as models of how they should be. Without good role models, its hard to become something you never have had exposure to.

Yea boys are gonna get into trouble because they are naturally curious and then as puberty hits that influx of testosterone increases aggression.

Today we don't live in a hyper masculine state we live in a hyper feminine state that penalizes boys for not controlling themselves instead of teaching them how to.
    No matter how much black women swear up and sired down they are the momma and the daddy they can't control that boy after a while. He will do so what it is impressed upon him to do.

The way that aggressiveness plays out is in a lack of trust for older men and aggressiveness among themselves which leads to fratricide.

Basically I've it's a ? mess. The state gas hyped the role of mother, downplayed the role of father while taking the position the father.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »

I think that ive already forgiven my biological father just based off of the fact that I can't see any male wanting to spend any long term time around my mother. She has a long history of driving men right out of her life(myself included)
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

Yea boys are gonna get into trouble because they are naturally curious and then as puberty hits that influx of testosterone increases aggression.

Today we don't live in a hyper masculine state we live in a hyper feminine state that penalizes boys for not controlling themselves instead of teaching them how to.
    No matter how much black women swear up and sired down they are the momma and the daddy they can't control that boy after a while. He will do so what it is impressed upon him to do.

The way that aggressiveness plays out is in a lack of trust for older men and aggressiveness among themselves which leads to fratricide.

Basically I've it's a ? mess. The state gas hyped the role of mother, downplayed the role of father while taking the position the father.

Cosign the bolded...

The truth in that statement gets deeper than this tho. Basically the gap between the older generation and younger generation was is purposely created. A society of functioning, educated black MEN is dangerous.

The best way to ensure that boys font grow into men is to get to them their elders do. So even if a few slip through the snares set up through social programming, they will be to far removed from their family unit to want to even listen to the elders. And in turn, will make more mistakes than they should have because they wouldnt listen to the old heads because the " dont understand our generation".
  • Ajackson17
    Options

You are right and it's a huge mess. We have confusion of what exactly is feminine and masculine. We don't understand those principles and know our true role and how we should work on being better people and holistic in both of those principles.