Official 2013-2014 MIAMI HEAT Thread

Options

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/heat-reassign-assistant-coaches-ron-rothstein-and-bob-mcadoo-023016195.html

After a summer of dramatic roster change, the Miami Heat are reassigning two prominent assistant coaches, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Ron Rothstein and Bob McAdoo will no longer play significant roles on head coach Erik Spoelstra's staff – and could be completely off the bench, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Those changes will clear the way for Juwan Howard to be promoted from his role in player development, league sources said.

It is immediately unclear what role Rothstein and McAdoo will have in the organization, but both are expected to continue to have jobs with the Heat, league sources said. Heat president Pat Riley and Spoelstra have long professional and personal ties with both men.

Heat assistant coach David Fizdale has ascended to the top assistant role under Spoelstra in recent years and will continue working closely with the head coach. Fizdale is considered a future head coach in the NBA.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/heat-reassign-assistant-coaches-ron-rothstein-and-bob-mcadoo-023016195.html

After a summer of dramatic roster change, the Miami Heat are reassigning two prominent assistant coaches, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Ron Rothstein and Bob McAdoo will no longer play significant roles on head coach Erik Spoelstra's staff – and could be completely off the bench, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Those changes will clear the way for Juwan Howard to be promoted from his role in player development, league sources said.

It is immediately unclear what role Rothstein and McAdoo will have in the organization, but both are expected to continue to have jobs with the Heat, league sources said. Heat president Pat Riley and Spoelstra have long professional and personal ties with both men.

Heat assistant coach David Fizdale has ascended to the top assistant role under Spoelstra in recent years and will continue working closely with the head coach. Fizdale is considered a future head coach in the NBA.

its about time..I was talking with heat fans like yesterday about how I think the coaching staff needs to be fixed how mcadoo does crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles all game with his glasses rested on his nose. I think a better offensive mind needs to join the staff

juwan howard moving up and I bet can achieve coach status in the next 3 years..

oh yeah and patrick ewing lost
  • infamous114
    Options
    McAdoo and Rothstein been on the staff for YEARS lol. It's admirable the stability the organization has in regards to that...definitely wouldn't mind some new blood.
  • Beta
    Options
  • Beta
    Options
    interesting.. I wonder who..
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder too and lol @ McAdoo doing crossword puzzles, I always wondered was he sleep or something lol
  • Beta
    Options
    Ira ? Ass said Wayne Ellington makes sense...I agree...
  • Beta
    edited September 2014
    Options
    chi-town get yo bored ass outta here lol

mad cuz I wacked that pau post lol
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly this heat team, is better than the cavs.
    The cavs have toooo many way loose ends as a team .
  • infamous114
    Options
    Keith Smart is a serious candidate to be part of the coaching staff
  • Beta
    Options
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Keith Smart is a serious candidate to be part of the coaching staff

Hes a awful coach
  • infamous114
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @Beta shout out to your Pepe Billete avi lol
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
  • Beta
    Options
    McAdoo a scout while rothstein gonna do broadcasts
  • Beta
    Options
    I hear andray blatche is in Miami negotiating something....Idk what it is though. Stay tuned
  • Beta
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Ryan Hollins met with us according to marc spears

I like his size nh
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Honestly this heat team, is better than the cavs.
    The cavs have toooo many way loose ends as a team .

Its gonna take 2 yrs for cavs to build up their team
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11496412/miami-heat-forward-luol-deng-saddened-comments-atlanta-hawks-call
    Deng: Disappointed by comments

Miami Heat forward Luol Deng said he is "saddened and disappointed" by racially charged comments made about him in an Atlanta Hawks management conference call in June.

Hawks GM Danny Ferry made the inflammatory comments about Deng in a call with the team's ownership group as the team pursued Deng as a free agent. Co-owner Michael Gearon Jr. cited Ferry telling the ownership group, in reading comments collected during the team's due diligence process, that Deng "has a little African in him."

According to Gearon, Ferry went on to say, "Not in a bad way, but he's like a guy who would have a nice store out front and sell you counterfeit stuff out of the back."

Added Gearon: "Ferry completed the racial slur by describing the player (and impliedly all persons of African descent) as a two-faced liar and cheat."

"I'm proud to say I actually have a lot of African in me, not just 'a little,' " Deng said in a statement Tuesday. "For my entire life, my identity has been a source of pride and strength."

"Concerning my free agency, the focus should purely have been on my professionalism and my ability as an athlete," he said. "Every person should have the right to be treated with respect and evaluated as an individual, rather than be reduced to a stereotype. I am saddened and disappointed that this way of thinking still exists today. I am even more disturbed that it was shared so freely in a business setting."

Deng went on: "However, there is comfort in knowing that there are people who aren't comfortable with it and have the courage to speak up. In the same way a generalization should not define a group of people, the attitude of a few should not define a whole organization or league."

One of those individuals was Magic Johnson, who tweeted Tuesday calling for Ferry's resignation.

Hawks CEO Steve Koonin told the Hawks' flagship radio station on Tuesday that he made the decision to discipline Ferry but allowed him to keep his job managing the team. He did not say what the punishment was, but noted that he relied on a law firm's three-month investigation of Ferry and his description of Deng.

Deng, 29, was born in what is now South Sudan. His father moved his family to Egypt and then England. The 10-year NBA veteran is now a British citizen and played for England in the 2012 Olympics.

Deng signed with the Heat in July.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blatche is a good look for MIA
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blatche is a good look for MIA

I like how miami rebuilt this team after lebron betrayed them.....they could easily have said ? it.....lets rebuild .....lets trade bosh.....maimi has been defiant to remain stable in the eastern conference
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How did Lebron betray them, in free agency you get to go where you want and he went back home
  • infamous114
    Options
    How did Lebron betray them, in free agency you get to go where you want and he went back home

What do you expect from a buffoon like zerocool lol
This discussion has been closed.