Georgia Cop issues 800 tickets for texting and driving.

konceptjones
konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/cop-claims-hes-issued-nearly-800-tickets-texting-a/nZ34P/

"GWINNETT COUNTY —

Channel 2 Action News has learned one Gwinnett County police officer has given more tickets for texting and driving than any other officer in the state.

Ch. 2’s Amanda Cook spoke with the officer about how drivers are making it so easy for him to give the tickets

Gwinnett County Police Officer Jessie Myers said if you do anything on your phone besides make or receive a phone call, he will pull you over. He said the most common place to catch you in the act right at traffic lights.

“I’ve written almost 800 tickets for unlawful communications device this year," Myers said.

Myers expects he'll reach 1,000 tickets by year's end.

"Probably not going to be hard for me to do at the pace I'm on," Myers said.

Myer said he sees most people typing away on their phones while waiting at red lights.

"Most people think they're safe there," Myers said.

However, he said it’s still illegal.

"At a red light, you're still driving. according to the law. You're on a roadway, behind (the wheel of) a car, in charge of it, with a vehicle in drive," Myers said.

Myers said most people don't realize you can't access any Internet or web-based data while driving."

I'd buy this man a beer if I ever met him. ? every person on the road that texts while driving. May you all be gang ? by a pack of rabid bull elephants.

Comments