push-it-real-good-o.gif

Spin off: Best Cheesy Rap Hit 16 votes

Good Vibrations - Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch
0%
Push it - Salt n Pepa
0%
Just a friend - Biz Markie
37%
ex-soldier5th LetterMECCA1000Built 4 cuban linx_Menace_OGClarenceBoddicker 6 votes
Fight for your right - Beastie Boys
6%
illestni99ainne 1 vote
Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
0%
U cant touch this - MC Hammer
6%
nillerthekid 1 vote
Bust a move - Young MC
6%
grouchygreg 1 vote
Rapper's Delight - Sugar Hill Gang
12%
Lou Cypher5 Grand 2 votes
Wild Thing - Tone Loc
0%
baby got back - Sir Mixxalot
31%
qtipp73GlockLesnar HyenaKillaLUClENKalecrunch 5 votes

Comments

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas wrote some dope verses for that track. It's too recent though I wanted to poll some early 90s / late 80s stuff
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »
    Nas wrote some dope verses for that track. It's too recent though I wanted to poll some early 90s / late 80s stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtILxBszyf8

cant forget da Canadian Jamaican talkin bout snitches nd ? dis track was hella gimmicky lls MC Shan got so mad at me on twitter cuz i called him a sellout for being a part of dis track
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I voted for Rappers Delight. I remember when that came out I was six years old and me and my brother went to the store to cop the record with my mother.

You can't call it cheesy though. It was the first rap record that most people had ever heard up to that point (technically King Tim II was first but it wasn't a hit). If you listen to Big Bank Hank's verses his flow, cadence and delivery is classic. Granted it was ghostwritten by Grandmaster Caz but he doesn't lose any points from me.

Pure classic. One of the greatest records ever recorded. Not just rap but any genre.

• MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Elrawd wrote: »

cant forget da Canadian Jamaican talkin bout snitches nd ? dis track was hella gimmicky lls MC Shan got so mad at me on twitter cuz i called him a sellout for being a part of dis track

Shan was probably mad cause that one song did better than his whole career ..... but then again he shouldn't be mad cause it also mad him more money than his whole career lol
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I voted for Rappers Delight. I remember when that came out I was six years old and me and my brother went to the store to cop the record with my mother.

You can't call it cheesy though. It was the first rap record that most people had ever heard up to that point (technically King Tim II was first but it wasn't a hit). If you listen to Big Bank Hank's verses his flow, cadence and delivery is classic. Granted it was ghostwritten by Grandmaster Caz but he doesn't lose any points from me.

Pure classic. One of the greatest records ever recorded. Not just rap but any genre.
    Dude, how you gonna go against one of the songs responsible for opening the flood gates to this rap ? ...... I bet you unconsciously know all the words too .... just like me lol

I voted for Biz cause that dude knew exactly what he was doing when he cut that cheesy track
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rappers Delight
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where is Ja's Livin It Up. ? classic
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JphDdGV2TU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Oh, my, ? . Becky, look at her butt. It is so big. She looks like, one of those rap guys' girlfriends.But, y'know, who understands those rap guys? ** They only talk to her, because, she looks like a total prostitute, 'kay? I mean, her butt, is just so big. ** I can't believe it's just so round, it's like, out there, I mean - gross. Look! She's just so ... black!
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fight for your right - Beastie Boys
    no love for beastie boys? RIP MCA
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no love for beastie boys? RIP MCA

This the IC...u ? up bruh