Why is the world making it harder for people to be angry today?

Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
By this I mean, anger is a normal emotion, and we all experience it. The beef is the message that's coming through is that you should never be angry and if you are, you aren't mentally stable or weak. So, you've got to hide your anger in public, which is very dangerous to it.

When did this happen? I remember when a person looked like they were ? , people just left them be and let them work out their emotions their own way. Now, when someone has that look on their face, people get so afraid that something catastrophic is going to happen.

When did the world decided that being angry was wrong?

Comments

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    You can be angry, you just can't be an angry ? . But ? that I stay heated...
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    August 20, 1986.

The day "going postal" was coined.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister B. wrote: »
    ...you should never be angry and if you are, you are mentally unstable or weak...
    I do not disagree with this.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can be angry if you want. Who says you can't?

Just don't throw tantrums like a lil ? . That's female ? .
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _DUB_ wrote: »
    t/s is a ?
    ? you.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We gotta get mad if we gotta ? the consequences
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always angry

always-angry.gif
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    anger becomes wrong once you give your power to people intent on ? you over.

if you're educated enough about something to be angry about it, there's probably a good reason to be.

a mobilization of angry people can disrupt existing power structures.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _DUB_ wrote: »
    t/s is a ?
    ? you.

somebody mad??
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A zombie thread?
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerds are beta males. Expressing anger in its pure form is an alpha male trait.

It's a well known fact nerds write checks. Money trumps alpha male superiority and because of that, alpha male is punished wherever he shows physical dominance. It's really not that hard to piece together. Physically weak men have used intelligence and passive/aggressive tactics to control alpha males for centuries.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ted now getting money is what makes a alpha male
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    punch a ? in the face once in your life. you'll feel better
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T/S ? ass need to ? ? cry baby ?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opiates of the masses are much easily delivered today.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn't anything wrong with being angry in itself...but how you express your anger is the issue...

People have to learn to control their anger to the point that the dont make irrational decisions while angry. It is quite possible to be make and not look angry, its just that people dont take you serious sometimes until you show physical signs of being angry (raised voice, aggressive gestures, ? expressions).

but it is quite possible to be mad and not look it.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? ...that.

I got yogurt shops and coffe houses in my neighborhood. Angry or broke mfers are variables I dont need in this stage of my life.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn't anything wrong with being angry in itself...but how you express your anger is the issue...

People have to learn to control their anger to the point that the dont make irrational decisions while angry. It is quite possible to be make and not look angry, its just that people dont take you serious sometimes until you show physical signs of being angry (raised voice, aggressive gestures, ? expressions).

but it is quite possible to be mad and not look it.

cs the bolded.. there is nothing wrong with being angry, its just when people let their anger cloud their judgment. Anger is a natural human emotion... but u have to be mature enough to CONTROL your anger

we all know people who will be mad and do all kind of crazy ? , maybe even ? they normally wouldnt do. but then want a pass like its ok cuz "i was mad at the time" . IMO those are the weak ones...
  • Rozetta5tone
    evilchuck wrote: »
    Ted Bundy wrote: »
    Nerds are beta males. Expressing anger in its pure form is an alpha male trait.

It's a well known fact nerds write checks. Money trumps alpha male superiority and because of that, alpha male is punished wherever he shows physical dominance. It's really not that hard to piece together. Physically weak men have used intelligence and passive/aggressive tactics to control alpha males for centuries.

I'm not taking advice from a ? .
    fat ? are the same as pedophiles. Both act on impulse and have weak will power.

Ted is neither. Move along biggums

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    By this I mean, anger is a normal emotion, and we all experience it. The beef is the message that's coming through is that you should never be angry and if you are, you aren't mentally stable or weak. So, you've got to hide your anger in public, which is very dangerous to it.

When did this happen? I remember when a person looked like they were ? , people just left them be and let them work out their emotions their own way. Now, when someone has that look on their face, people get so afraid that something catastrophic is going to happen.

When did the world decided that being angry was wrong?

That ? Pico beat me to it.
  • Rozetta5tone
    deadeye wrote: »
    Ted Bundy wrote: »
    Physically weak men have used intelligence and passive/aggressive tactics to control alpha males for centuries.

Who's the real alpha male then?

A real alpha male wouldn't allow himself to be controlled by a weaker man.

Honestly, that alpha/beta male ? really only applies in the animal kingdom.

With people, it's based on intelligence, wealth, and power.
    we're animals tho