Michael Jordan went 6 for 6 in the finals...............ok!

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
Then why doesn't he get chastised for not making it or failing prior to those 6 finals. Is it better to win 6 for 6 after failing your first 6 years, or is it better to fail as a result of taking a untalented team to the finals (Sixers with AI or Cavs with Lebron).

This whole perfect in the finals ? is pure nonsense, isn't losing in any round in the playoffs or not making it to the playoffs just as bad as losing in the finals.

Comments

• ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think it has something to do with when u win your first one....he refused to let go.
    Jordan could have WON 8th straight....

Lebron has won 2....of he could somehow get the next 4 finals straight....he will be on GOAT status closer to mj...he already is on his way
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Russell won 10 in a row right (1 as a coach), why is he conveniently overlooked in this argument when this logic is applied.

• ATTS
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Russell won 10 in a row right (1 as a coach), why is he conveniently overlooked in this argument when this logic is applied.

due to the time he played in.......bill played when there were ONLY 8 teams in the league.... Bill russell was a great defender and dude wasnt even the best player on his celtics team...... You cant help when you were born ....the era he played in....he was dominant though
  • ATTS
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Hold up.... Bill Russell career FG% was 44 percent? 44 ? PERCENT?
    Horrible for a center
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    its just another argument people use to praise Jordan while slighting Lebron

MJ is the GOAT, undeniable, but ? want to put him on a place so far in the sky its like he CAN NEVER be touched

there will always be someone to come along and Dethrone the goat.. not saying LBJ is the one, but someone will come.

I just cant stand when ? act like its BLASPHEMOUS to even question another player being CLOSE to how good MJ was. Like its ? seriously saying KOBE aint got ? on MJ even though he only has 1 less ring. (Even though he will likely finish with more points in his career than Mike)

i think LBJ is the best player in the league and has a chance to be better than MJ, but even if he does win 6 + rings they still wont give him his props... some people will NEVER let their Idol be outdone
  • ATTS
    edited October 2013
    Options
    jusdre313 wrote: »
    its just another argument people use to praise Jordan while slighting Lebron

MJ is the GOAT, undeniable, but ? want to put him on a place so far in the sky its like he CAN NEVER be touched

there will always be someone to come along and Dethrone the goat.. not saying LBJ is the one, but someone will come.

I just cant stand when ? act like its BLASPHEMOUS to even question another player being CLOSE to how good MJ was. Like its ? seriously saying KOBE aint got ? on MJ even though he only has 1 less ring. (Even though he will likely finish with more points in his career than Mike)

i think LBJ is the best player in the league and has a chance to be better than MJ, but even if he does win 6 + rings they still want give him his props... some people will NEVER let their Idol be outdone

I think another thing that it is difficult for people to separate from Jordan was his overall superstar stuff....Jordan was ? huge around the globe... you had ? in Sudan wearing jordan jersey in the jungle......its very hard for people to remove the endorsement jordan when comparing ? like lebron and kobe......

If we simply keep it basketball related...........Jordan could be passed by Lebron or someone else....right now Lebron is on pace to pass him in MVPS and other stats.....
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mj 6/6
    duncan 4/5
    lbj 2/4
    russell 10/10
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last time I checked Bill Russell won 11 rings. I may be wrong but I doubt it.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _DUB_ wrote: »
    mj 6/6
    duncan 4/5
    lbj 2/4
    russell 10/10

fixed and added for real ball knowledge

Kareem 6/10
    Kobe 5/7
    Russell 11/11
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    ? If you ain't holdin' Jay-Z nuts tryna' subliminally ? on Nas, you're massaging LeBron's Nuts taking shots at Mike and Kobe

Have you no ? ' shame?

Stannin' is a disease like some ? 's and Bitche's catch feelings is a sickness

He Lost in 2 Finals , he'll never be on Jordan's Level, get over it, ?
  • ATTS
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    usmarine and atts debating in a thread. think i'll find somewhere else to spend my time

I know more about basketball than u though
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because basketball fans of the 80's and 90's weren't crowning high school players "King" or comparing them to GOATS before they were drafted. Jordan wasn't chastised be caused shouldn't have been and Kobe/Lebron shouldn't have been either. It's just a sign of the times.

He was though.Jordan was gettin scrutinized(not to the extent that lebron was)before he won his 1st title for losing

Bird,Zeke and Magic had stacked squads in their primes.Mike didn't early in his career and couldn't beat boston and detroit until the bulls as a team got better from the coaching to his teammates
  • ATTS
    Options
    Because basketball fans of the 80's and 90's weren't crowning high school players "King" or comparing them to GOATS before they were drafted. Jordan wasn't chastised be caused shouldn't have been and Kobe/Lebron shouldn't have been either. It's just a sign of the times.

He was though.Jordan was gettin scrutinized(not to the extent that lebron was)before he won his 1st title for losing

Bird,Zeke and Magic had stacked squads in their primes.Mike didn't early in his career and couldn't beat boston and detroit until the bulls as a team got better from the coaching to his teammates

Yeah...dude was....i saw a clip on yoitube with media reports saying he cant win.....when is mj gonna win? he was on meli status.........
  • ATTS
    Options
  • usmarin3
    Options
    usmarine and atts debating in a thread. think i'll find somewhere else to spend my time

Yeah, this thread is reserved for alpha male types, must be 6 ft and taller.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yep, some people are showing that they either weren't around or weren't paying attention when MJ was playing. He was getting some of the same treatment that Lebron got, maybe not to the same degree, but MJ actually had to build his stardom after getting to the NBA unlike Lebron who basically had that from day one. You can't take the good without the bad.

Also, let's be real for a second, the title is a little flawed. Let's not act like MJ's first three peat run was with a star studded team. Pippen was still relatively new to the league so he wasn't exactly the HoFer he became. I don't think I would put that first Bull championship team that much higher than I would the team Lebron took to the Finals at least not relative to the competition they faced getting to the Finals.
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then why doesn't he get chastised for not making it or failing prior to those 6 finals.

Well, when you make the finals 6 times as the leader/best player of the team and win all 6, what happened before that doesn't matter too much, especially years later.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »

other than wack posting, irrational threads, and ridiculous statements; there isn't a single topic on this earth that you know more about than any other person. my dude, michael j fox knows more about sitting still than you. Residents of Cleveland, Ohio know more about winning than you do. Antoine Walker knows more about dieting than you, citizens of detroit know more about warmth than you do, Pitbull knows more about being a respectable member of society than you, steven hawking knows more about taking walks in the park than you. but damnit you sure do know your basketball alright

Nash and Dantoni = awesome!!!! Lets go

RENV4vd_zps13f31734.gif
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

Yeah, this thread is reserved for alpha male types, must be 6 ft and taller.

Fry_SideEye_zps0d5824dc.jpg
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand how Jordan being the goat or talking ? or whatever -- hampers how a nikka might feel about another player.

If you wanna have a boy crush on Lebron (or anybody else) -- do you.

If he's your favorite, why do you need validation from anyone else?

Nikka act like Jordan kicked in his door and snatched the Lebron poster off his wall like those Haynes tags.

• CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T/S has no bias at all.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

other than wack posting, irrational threads, and ridiculous statements; there isn't a single topic on this earth that you know more about than any other person. my dude, michael j fox knows more about sitting still than you. Residents of Cleveland, Ohio know more about winning than you do. Antoine Walker knows more about dieting than you, citizens of detroit know more about warmth than you do, Pitbull knows more about being a respectable member of society than you, steven hawking knows more about taking walks in the park than you. but damnit you sure do know your basketball alright

Nash and Dantoni = awesome!!!! Lets go

tumblr_mpnvmeOuWy1s8wt2jo1_500.gif