Loki vs Black Adam

Options
evoljeanyes
evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in Quite Comical
Who takes this one between the two Maniacal Sorcerers? I will take Loki.

Loki vs Black Adam 11 votes

Black Adam
54%
KNiGHTSricoreaintlhakBcotton5dneez0228Sour-Cream 6 votes
Loki
45%
DupacNothingButTheTruthDarkRaidenevoljeanyesLUClEN 5 votes

Comments

• jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this would be a great fight.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Adam
    Black adam a sorcerer?
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Loki
    They both are on that magic ? ...that's what I was implying
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Loki
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Black adam a sorcerer?
    Why are you taking Black Adam
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Adam
    Loki done took too many L's in his quest to prove a point. If I recall, Black Adam gets to the point. Just off that alone, I take him over Loki.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Loki
    Yeah Black Adam is susceptible to mind ? and that's loki's calling card
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Loki done took too many L's in his quest to prove a point. If I recall, Black Adam gets to the point. Just off that alone, I take him over Loki.

Yeah I was going to say this. Loki is mischievous while Black Adam is no nonsense. He has no time to play and is faster than Loki too so if this was strictly based on a physical one on one BA has this hands down. The wisdom and strength of multiple gods >>>>>> being a singular ? when it comes to hand to hand combat. If however Loki had some prep time and was able to competently shape shift around and use the Destroyer armor at some point he could beat BA.

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    Loki
    Broddie wrote: »

Yeah I was going to say this. Loki is mischievous while Black Adam is no nonsense. He has no time to play and is faster than Loki too so if this was strictly based on a physical one on one BA has this hands down. The wisdom and strength of multiple gods >>>>>> being a singular ? when it comes to hand to hand combat. If however Loki had some prep time and was able to competently shape shift around and use the Destroyer armor at some point he could beat BA.

Lol! I feel you but, you're sleep on Loki telepathy...intangibility. illusion casting...bruh Black Adam don't want it.

• Broddie
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Lol! I feel you but, you're sleep on Loki telepathy...intangibility. illusion casting...bruh Black Adam don't want it.

Telepathy and illusions won't do jack ? to Black Adam though. He's resistant to telepathy and mind control.

• jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'll go with Loki for the majority
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Loki
    Martian manhunter disagrees with your telepathy and illusion resistance.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Martian manhunter disagrees with your telepathy and illusion resistance.

What are you referring to? the part in WW3 where Adam pushes all his pain onto J'onn's mind and overwhelms him and MM retaliates with the same strategy later on in the story? if so that was something that was inconsistent with Black Adam up to that point (after 52) and was a plot device that angered a lot of Captain Marvel fans if I recall correctly because to them it was just contrived storytelling. To make sense of it I personally just viewed it as his strength of mind being compromised due to the emotional rage he was experiencing at the time.

I'm going off facts that were established in everything from Power of Shazam in the early 90's to Geoff Johns' JSA run in the early 2000's. Perhaps you've never read enough material featuring Black Adam? but for the longest time one of the things he inherits from Mehen (the M in SHAZAM) is a strength of mind so powerful that he ends up being resistant to telepathy and mind control.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Loki
    Bro...all of his resistance is to character beneath his power level. If you meet his power level you are capable of breaking through. Manhunter also mindfucked him and made him say teth to himself and he reverted to his human form and died. Loki is on his power level.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Loki
    He is also invulnerable but we know if he gets punched by supes or cap marvel he is going to be in pain.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Bro...all of his resistance is to character beneath his power level. If you meet his power level you are capable of breaking through. Manhunter also mindfucked him and made him say teth to himself and he reverted to his human form and died. Loki is on his power level.

I generally avoid these type of threads cause hypothetical topics usually bore me & I prefer talking about stories I've read or am currently reading on comic book forums but nah chief the bold is false.

Again read Power of Shazam and early 2000's JSA because it doesn't seem like you have. In WW3 Adam was chaotic because of rage emphasizing on sheer physical strength much more than his mental resilience. But if Adam has all his faculties in check it's very very difficult for any psionic attack to even phase him. I mean Black Adam was once caught off guard by Dr. ? for a second and after ? forced him to throw a punch he had zero control over Adam after that cause BA gathered his bearings and realized what was up. The same Dr. ? who's main hook is that he's one of the greatest telepaths in the DCU up there with J'onn and Despero but without any of their physicality.

• DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Loki
    @Broddie

Loki's probably faster than duke. Clasic Loki got some ridiculous speed feats when he was facing Thor. Honestly, I'd put Loki a step above Black Adam. His sorcery has been compared to Mephisto and Dormammu and he's one of the few people Doom don't even want it with. Too tricky and too powerful with magic.