Treadmills

KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sup!

I do alot of hours @work, get home late, so invested in a treadmill. Any one use them?

I only ever had one encounter with a treadmill when was a away with work, and where I was staying had a small gym. Other than body weight exercises in my regular exercise, I thought I'd give it a go, then afterward liked the convenience of being able to use it at the most unexpected of times, regardless of the weather.

So guess time will tell if it pays off

Comments

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea i hop on the treadmill at the gyms
    was thinking about buying one too, running in front of tv or whatever but i prefer jogging outside anyways
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally like to use the stairmaster. But when I do use the treadmill, I like to set the incline all the way up and set my speed between 3.5-4.2. Do that consistently and you will shed tons of weight.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    yeah, the "avoid the weather" thing is the absolute best aspect of treadmills
    if you like to run (i do), they're great; if not... can be kind of a waste
  • KLICHE
    NICE! Alot of of people using it!

I was little reluctant at first as been having a constant ache at my right hip, which usually flared up when played alot of basketball, and running. Then went on to do the Insanity program by Shaun T.. then the ache came back and in my knees to a point had to stop. Then did it every 3 days and still persisted.

Am relatively slim, but for a cardio workout think it'll be the treadmill instead of risking any further injury or ailments

@craccer I'll just be having some music on, but won't so the tv watching while on it.. little accident prone lol So i got to stay focused

@janklow yeah I think the thing where you can be home late and just do it, without the jump in the car late or be in the streets and just get the job done

@DoU I'm relatively slim, but was little our of breath so thought need to attack it now and work on cardio. As mentioned here I went all out on Insanity and all but think I need to try ease into a less joint affecting exercise. Will definitely try the high incline!
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    KLICHE wrote: »
    @janklow yeah I think the thing where you can be home late and just do it, without the jump in the car late or be in the streets and just get the job done
    yeah, my usually m.o. is "do i have time for a 5K or 10K run after work; if so, get on the treadmill." don't have to worry about the weather, time, or, like you say, running to the gym and/or going outside

also, with a treadmill, if you've got a lingering knee/hip issue, you can probably go a little easier on it

• MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got an elliptical .... better for bad knee having mofos like myself
  • KLICHE
    mecca1000 wrote: »
    Got an elliptical .... better for bad knee having mofos like myself

Yeh got an elliptical also, but after few days on and off got this hip thing bugging me. But agree, is def sure fire way of getting some good result and minimal chances of injury
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good thread though might be in the wrong forum?

9/10 I'd take roadwork at a park, trail, mountain, or city street (ugh) over a treadmill at the house. There's nothing better than that fresh air and being one with the nature and all that good ? . All in all, it makes little difference though, and the convenience of a treadmill is ideal.

btw, I'm no professional, but maybe you need to rest a little to give your hip some time to heal? I never like strenuous exercise while being injured.