jodeci vs boyz 2 men

Options
angrymaninc
angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
I saw someone post this on facebook... to me there is no doubt on who got this but I'm curious to hear other peoples opinion

Comments

• Ol' Fred
    Ol' Fred Members Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ol' fred ? wit both r&b groups!
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    you need both each group serves they purpose.

You wanna get to straight sweaty im a throw u all over the room ? put on Jo
    if u on some more laid back romantic make love to u on white linen sheets but on B2M
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    you need both each group serves they purpose.

You wanna get to straight sweaty im a throw u all over the room ? put on Jo
    if u on some more laid back romantic make love to u on white linen sheets but on B2M

I think you can do both with jodeci just saying
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jodeci. one reason devante swing. his production arrangement and song writing is what sets them apart from B2M
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread has actually been done last year or earlier this year.

Hard to compare both groups. K-ci and Jojo started out as churchboys with a passion for r & b music FYI. They got fiend out when the industry got a hold of 'em. I liked both acts. I remember playing the sh*t out of that Cooliehighharmony when I was 11/ 12 y/o. Vocally I'd have to give Boyz 2 Men a slight edge, but productionwise Devante shut sh*t down like someone mentioned. Jodeci actually set that r & b thug trend if you wanna go there so as far as influence I'd have to give Jodeci a slight edge.

Jodeci was still hot in the mid to late 90ties while Boyz 2 Men kinda fell off.

This is personal but when you're into an act when you're young you sometimes can't relate to it like you did as a kid when you're coming of age. I still messed with Boyz 2 Men as I got older, but it wasn't like around '91/'92.

When I weigh in all factors I have to go with Jodeci.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its night and day with them 2 you could have jodeci playing in the background and she knew what time it was. boyz 2 men was like some picnic type scene..
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jodeci >>>
    Boys 2 Men music is boring and lame. I never did like them.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jodeci easily.

...pause just in case
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like them both equally. B2M was the clean-cut ying and Jodeci was the rough-edged yang

But talent-wise, I gotta give it to Jodeci since they could make their own songs; alot of Boyz II Men's hits were produced by other people (Babyface, Michael Bivins, etc.)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Jodeci and dru hill >>>
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    Really no wrong answer just was curious on people's opinion on the matter
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JODECI>>>

KCi's Vocals>>Nates
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    Options
    "stay" >>>>>> anything boyz ii men ever did.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there any instrumetal mixtapes of Devante's or Mr.Dalvins beats??
  • Muhannad
    Options
    they are incomparable.
    Bivens could never do a Jodeci track.... and vice versa...

it's impossible...

Granted they are both New Jack Swing.....

but ultimately the styles are too different to make a valid comparison...

one had true soul while the other was manufactured soul.

yall can be mad if you want... but it's the truth... kinda like hall & oates vs.... saaaaaaaaay hmm... Justin Timberlake or Robin Thicke... all three are blue eyed soul... but two of them names are lacking a key ingredient in their music.
    Normally agree with you but I now I need you to clarify this statement. If you mean by manufactured that this r & b thug style that Jodeci was on was all Puff 'n them putting that battery in their back then I concur. These n*ggas started out as Southern church boys. Puffy and them remade them n*ggas in that r & b thug stee and basically these n*ggas defined an era of r & b. R. Kelly jumped on that r & b stee after Jodeci made it hot. All these weak dudes making that R. Kelly, "I'll take your chick" rappin' bullsh*t is all Jodeci. They set a bad trend but when they were hot they made great music. Manufactured yes, soul less no.
    Most acts are polished by A & R's and execs since this is a business.

Tell me this wasn't hot. Tell me you din't pop this in when you had a girl over.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYwL-FzFDKQ

Soul less?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=995X8aJDmJ4
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »

Hard to compare both groups. K-ci and Jojo started out as churchboys with a passion for r & b music FYI. They got fiend out when the industry got a hold of 'em. I liked both acts. I remember playing the sh*t out of that Cooliehighharmony when I was 11/ 12 y/o. Vocally I'd have to give Boyz 2 Men a slight edge, but productionwise Devante shut sh*t down like someone mentioned. Jodeci actually set that r & b thug trend if you wanna go there so as far as influence I'd have to give Jodeci a slight edge.

This is personal but when you're into an act when you're young you sometimes can't relate to it like you did as a kid when you're coming of age. I still messed with Boyz 2 Men as I got older, but it wasn't like around '91/'92.

Boyz II Men gets more than a slight edge vocally over Jodeci. All 4 members of Boyz II Men can and did sing. Alot of people can't even tell you what anyone from Jodeci sounds like other than K-Ci and JoJo when it comes to vocals
  • Muhannad
    Options
    @blackrain Fair enough. Can't really disagree with your post. My choice still stands though. Jodeci > Boyz II men.
    they are incomparable.
    Bivens could never do a Jodeci track.... and vice versa...

it's impossible...

Granted they are both New Jack Swing.....

but ultimately the styles are too different to make a valid comparison...

one had true soul while the other was manufactured soul.

yall can be mad if you want... but it's the truth... kinda like hall & oates vs.... saaaaaaaaay hmm... Justin Timberlake or Robin Thicke... all three are blue eyed soul... but two of them names are lacking a key ingredient in their music.
    Normally agree with you but I now I need you to clarify this statement. If you mean by manufactured that this r & b thug style that Jodeci was on was all Puff 'n them putting that battery in their back then I concur. These n*ggas started out as Southern church boys. Puffy and them remade them n*ggas in that r & b thug stee and basically these n*ggas defined an era of r & b. R. Kelly jumped on that r & b stee after Jodeci made it hot. All these weak dudes making that R. Kelly, "I'll take your chick" rappin' bullsh*t is all Jodeci. They set a bad trend but when they were hot they made great music. Manufactured yes, soul less no.
    Most acts are polished by A & R's and execs since this is a business.

Tell me this wasn't hot. Tell me you din't pop this in when you had a girl over.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYwL-FzFDKQ

Soul less?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=995X8aJDmJ4

? .... im talking bout boys 2 men... them ? were souless.

their sound was Pop. not R&B.
    I actually thought you was talking about Jodeci lol. Cooliehighharmony sounded like most swingbeat out back then. These n*ggas might have been squares but to call 'em soulless? I respect your opinion but Iono man. They fell off around the mid 90's though, I'll give u that. Even you gotta admit vocally Boyz II Men > Jodeci.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SCvCp23QVA

nobody in B2M can do what devante can do behind the board. just watch from 3:00 to 3:40. Devante in the studio with Jojo playing the piano and he singing alongside Jojo
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Boyz II Men gets more than a slight edge vocally over Jodeci. All 4 members of Boyz II Men can and did sing. Alot of people can't even tell you what anyone from Jodeci sounds like other than K-Ci and JoJo when it comes to vocals

Well that might be true but jodeci had the better songs
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    JODECI>>>

KCi's Vocals>>Nates

I prefer jodeci in some situations over boyz2men but i cant co sign what you said here. Kc just do alotta yelling and Trey songz trembles most of the time. If there's one area where Boys got an edge is vocals.....now who got the overall better appeal and versatility as a group like I said is different but we cant act like Boys cant outsimg them dudes now.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Them B2M dudes are smooth as hell