Official 2013-14 NBA Thread

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionel Hollins to coach the kings?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    All this talk about George and Leonard, while killing my homie with the blazers in 2k I was reminded that batum existed, where would yall place him, personally he's more all around than leonard

I ? with the Blazers too on 2K. That ? Batum be balling if you use him right. I be killing when they leave him open

my homie is a heat fan(a real one from b4 lebron, rare i know) and picks nothing but them and sometimes the thunder and lakers(on older games) for some reason i can stomp him when he picks any other team but with the heat he's like my toughest match, but i knew since 2k13 i saw an advantage with the blazers, i wish i could record how he be reacting, i drive to the rim and yam with batum he like "HOW THE ? HE KEEP DOIN THAT HE IS NOT A SUPERSTAR!!!!!"
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nick young rating was real low a year or two back around mid 60 i think on 2K but if you got his release down he turned into kobe

t wolves secret weapon was chase budinger too
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think PG will make the leap next season. This was really his first year being "the man" and with that comes tough lessons only learned in a crucible.

He was the man last season for the Pacers and he continued to adjust to the added responsibilities. Paul George is a good player that deserves the credit he is getting because for the last 2 seasons he has been the best player on a pretty good Pacers team. He plays defense, scores and also sets up his teammates solidly. I don't think he is a Superstar but he is a star player in today's NBA.

Kawhi is my guy and I think he is very talented but he hasn't had to endure as much as Paul George has to so far in there careers. Kawhi has the pleasure to be a 3rd or 4th most scouted guy by opposing teams defenses, he has the pleasure of just being a cog in the well oiled machine that is the Spurs offensive and defensive system. He has better and more respected teammates and coaches around him and most importantly he doesn't have as much overall responsibilities as Paul George.

Kawhi is good and hopefully he continues to get better or at least plays to the same level he is playing now once he gets more overall responsibilities.

I agree although I'll say for PG when I say the "the man" I mean the scrutiny is on him for the full season, playoffs last year was a coming out party for him, prior Granger still had the media's attention at least to me.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yall gotta stop with the rudy ? disrespect, yes he has underachieved but he is a very good player, hasnt made the team but he is all star caliber, him being able to make his fg percentage respectable (demar did too) after being traded from toronto was a feat imo, hit plenty of clutch shots for the grizz and wasnt that inefficient fg% wise, he also was a solid rebounder, toronto got better cuz they had 1 too many iso players, memphis may have played better, but they damn sure could have used rudy over ? tayshaun prince, just not enough shots for rudy and zack and marc in that particular offense, in fact i think lionel hollins hated that move. thats all it was, ? like that shouldnt indict rudy ? as a bad player, ? still avg 20 ppg on damn near 50% shooting playing with boogie cousins and isiah thomas.

You right fam.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me during the finals
    S2J wrote: »
    What team could provide that blueprint?
    Kyrie...Waiters...CJ Miles/a FA like Trevor Ariza...Embid with the #1 pick...Im startin to see it.
    Of course he is. But no one thought he'd be better off going to Miami either. The fact the dude actually said out his mouth 'it'd be great to come back to Cleveland" shows he obvioulsy doesnt think like the rest of us.

So i'm no longer lookin at it as pie in the sky, i'm lookin at 'what if'

I disagree with the though that team would be "years" away

No Lebron team could ever be "years away"

.. ..I def see it.
    Exactly...Nggas talkin age meanwhile the finals MVP is probably gonna be 22 yr old Kwahi Leonard.

Thats also how u avoid jumpin around and havin to reload and retool, etc. Cleveland is the perect age.

Plus people forget Lebron has a great relationship w/ these young guys due to his camp. Dude is an underrated leader. I guarantee now that Miami is turning into his old Cleveland squad w/ no help, the wheels in his head are turning 'damn, kyrie, #1 pick, less work i'd have to do'....

cool-gif-Kevin-Durant-MVP-speech.gif

I just wanna...woo, this is tough... I just wanna thank all of you for participating in this journey with me no ? . I wanna thank each and every one of you who groupthink ? -rided on here. Without yall's opinions i woulda had no one to give this work to. So i thank all of you for accepting this. For accepting this work. I appreciate all of yall man.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me during the finals
    What team could provide that blueprint?
    Kyrie...Waiters...CJ Miles/a FA like Trevor Ariza...Embid with the #1 pick...Im startin to see it.
    Of course he is. But no one thought he'd be better off going to Miami either. The fact the dude actually said out his mouth 'it'd be great to come back to Cleveland" shows he obvioulsy doesnt think like the rest of us.

So i'm no longer lookin at it as pie in the sky, i'm lookin at 'what if'

I disagree with the though that team would be "years" away

No Lebron team could ever be "years away"

.. ..I def see it.
    Exactly...Nggas talkin age meanwhile the finals MVP is probably gonna be 22 yr old Kwahi Leonard.

Thats also how u avoid jumpin around and havin to reload and retool, etc. Cleveland is the perect age.

Plus people forget Lebron has a great relationship w/ these young guys due to his camp. Dude is an underrated leader. I guarantee now that Miami is turning into his old Cleveland squad w/ no help, the wheels in his head are turning 'damn, kyrie, #1 pick, less work i'd have to do'....

cool-gif-Kevin-Durant-MVP-speech.gif

I just wanna...woo, this is tough... I just wanna thank all of you for participating in this journey with me no ? . I wanna thank each and every one of you who groupthink ? -rided on here. Without yall's opinions i woulda had no one to give this work to. So i thank all of you for accepting this. For accepting this work. I appreciate all of yall man.

? EM!
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going hard on the cavs. They NBA fans are the worst
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never seen this.. this was after game 4

tim-duncan-walks-past-lebron-james-and-dwyane-wade-after-game-4.gif

Don't look at him , don't look at him
    Duncan had them ? shook...
    Look like they trying to avoid the bully in the hallway
  • TrueraPP
    TrueraPP Members Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    My Kingggggggggggg has come home
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TrueraPP wrote: »
    My Kingggggggggggg has come home

his wife called it. she said that the countdown is real. i love her now. never paid attention to her sexiness before. she can get it! lol preggers and all!

• MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img]https://scontent-b-atl.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10551002_10152729866838296_1296516760778014521_n.jpg?oh=efe0fc67961849dba4873002eb8e16a6&oe=543BEFB2[/img]
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    yall gotta stop with the rudy ? disrespect, yes he has underachieved but he is a very good player, hasnt made the team but he is all star caliber, him being able to make his fg percentage respectable (demar did too) after being traded from toronto was a feat imo, hit plenty of clutch shots for the grizz and wasnt that inefficient fg% wise, he also was a solid rebounder, toronto got better cuz they had 1 too many iso players, memphis may have played better, but they damn sure could have used rudy over ? tayshaun prince, just not enough shots for rudy and zack and marc in that particular offense, in fact i think lionel hollins hated that move. thats all it was, ? like that shouldnt indict rudy ? as a bad player, ? still avg 20 ppg on damn near 50% shooting playing with boogie cousins and isiah thomas.

You right fam.

lol I'm just saying fam, people act like since dude real good instead of great, that he a ? , his inefficiency is highly overrated too ion think he's been under 45% more than twice