(Spinoff) If you owned the TNA for a year what would your objectives be?

2»

Comments

• TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    Y'all talking like ROH is that much better or some ? . ROH is on that ? as well. Kharma not coming back(she's trying to get back to WWE), Joey ryan just tried out at the WWE performance center and might get on NXT, J.R. just said he not coming to TNA anytime soon and rumors are he'll probably go to UFC before he works with TNA, how you gon' fire the owner of the company? lol, and Velvet Sky and Tessmacher can actually wrestle so...

? did you read the title of this thread bruh lol? Me personally, I think ROH is better than TNA easily, but that's just me.
  • nc81
    nc81 Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    We should get together and buy TNA gotta cpl hundred pennies
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    You don't watch the show every week clearly. There have been more than 30 distinct wrestlers showcased on TV in the last 5 weeks alone. Spike TV buying them out would actually be a good thing. They would actually have the resources to properly reboot it and potentially run it the way it SHOULD be ran in the first plact especially if they keep Bischoff and Gaburik around.

That's where you're wrong my friend.
  • ShencotheMC
    Need I say more? SMH
    BWQekN1CYAA3F3v.jpg
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Why do you people expect TNA to host WWE size crowds? seriously?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats not a wwe sized arena tho, and i thought tna was doing well in those when the on the road tapings first started id expect the names jeff hardy and sting to sell that out, that arena dont look too much bigger then the types ecw was in from time to time
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    TNA is coming to Bmore. They got 4 tickets for 40 dollars going for good seats. The Bmore Arena holds like 13k, guarantee TNA doesn't even fill up more than 800 seats
  • Broddie
    edited October 2013
    thats not a wwe sized arena tho, and i thought tna was doing well in those when the on the road tapings first started id expect the names jeff hardy and sting to sell that out, that arena dont look too much bigger then the types ecw was in from time to time

At the same time that's like expecting ROH to draw more than 700 people on average or somebody actually buying one of Shenco's songs. TNA regularly gets 1,000 to 2,000 at Impact tapings on average. TNA has ? marketing in an era where wrestling isn't even appealing outside of a core 4 million or so in the US most of who are casual fans. WWE by the way monopolizes 95% of the market so it's all people are conditioned with anyway. Most of their fans ain't going to do anything with TNA but watch it on free TV. That's why the ppv buys are always in the tens of thousands at best.

The real supermarks are the ones that even know about and attend these shows or spend any money on the ancillary ? like ppv's and merchandise. Them and attitude era fanboys who are getting back into it and always show up with WWE t-shirts on impact loltna.

The funny thing is they could book a smaller arena to make it seem better on TV (Ie: Hammerstein) but ironically it would be more expensive than booking a 10k plus arena. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. To me personally it doesn't really take away from the quality of the show. I'm used to Impact being the show with 2,000 fans at most and Raw the one with 10,000+ fans in attendance.

• ShencotheMC

At the same time that's like expecting ROH to draw more than 700 people on average or somebody actually buying one of Shenco's songs. TNA regularly gets 1,000 to 2,000 at Impact tapings on average. TNA has ? marketing in an era where wrestling isn't even appealing outside of a core 4 million or so in the US most of who are casual fans. WWE by the way monopolizes 95% of the market so it's all people are conditioned with anyway. Most of their fans ain't going to do anything with TNA but watch it on free TV. That's why the ppv buys are always in the tens of thousands at best.

The real supermarks are the ones that even know about and attend these shows or spend any money on the ancillary ? like ppv's and merchandise. Them and attitude era fanboys who are getting back into it and always show up with WWE t-shirts on impact loltna.

The funny thing is they could book a smaller arena to make it seem better on TV (Ie: Hammerstein) but ironically it would be more expensive than booking a 10k plus arena. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. To me personally it doesn't really take away from the quality of the show. I'm used to Impact being the show with 2,000 fans at most and Raw the one with 10,000+ fans in attendance.

Lol nice little sneak diss for telling the truth about TNA being ass juice. They got jokes, but I do numbers, bet that hurts em' inside.
  • ShencotheMC
    Bound for Glory 2013
    bxexyh6iyaaujkf.jpgadynsqvl.jpg
  • rabbitfood
    rabbitfood Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that's their version of Wrestlemania. There is no excuse for a crowd to look like that at your biggest show of the year.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bound for Glory 2013
    bxexyh6iyaaujkf.jpgadynsqvl.jpg

That ? looks like a dry run, not the actually PPV

There's too much wrong with the company to even write about.

I stopped watching full time a year or so ago, it's going nowhere. The same excuses, the same "what can be done to improve the product", NOTHING in all the years of noticing there is something wrong, has there been anything done to change it.

Instead of luring fans to the product by signing Bischoff and Hogan to big money deals and they contribute nothing, they could have used that money for advertising and marketing their product. They thought Hogan was such an ambassador to the sport, that he would plug the company whenever he was on TV. Instead, this kat in the tabloids for sex tapes, back surgeries, and ? over his daughters legs and ass. Remember when Hogan first signed and he was bringing in all these guys who were going to help TNA get over, that were on his Flair/Hogan world tour? Ric Flair, The Nasty Boys, Val Venis, RVD, Mr. Anderson, and Orlando Jordan. The Nasty's and Val were gone within a couple months because they didn't get over. Orlando Jordan was too over the top, and they only used his sexuality to gain shock attention, which didn't work. Ric Flair ? over money and bounced. Anderson stuck around, but he's injury prone, and never returned once he healed because he actually is a plain ass wrestler and there was "nothing for him". Then there was Rob Van Dam, who basically was there for the easy money. All of them were there for the money, making more than the regulars, and all of them are gone. They did nothing for TNA. And that is TNA's problem. They fall in love with someone else's underwear, spend a ton of cash to wear it until the elastic stretches out and pops, and then they go back to wearing their own stuff and don't appreciate it enough to make it look good. They wasted tons of cash on something that came and went and the company benefited NOTHING from the experience.

But to gain interest in the product, TNA needed to promote and market, they did neither. I can't go back to watching it fulltime because I know it's a dead company waiting for someone to pull the plug.

Fans have "ideas" to help, but the management has to be competent enough to rethink their approach if they truly want to be a wrestling company. Otherwise, they are just existing with no purpose. Just look at the BFG crowd shots, no one is interested, and no one has been interested in YEARS. The company is dead.

You can put this or that wrestler in due spots, change and rename titles, fire and hire this person, bring back 6 and 8 corner rings, whatever, but if you're not promoting it through the media, and putting yourself in positions to be noticed, rather than bringing in z-list celebrities and NASCAR personalities, maybe, just maybe someone will notice. Hogan wearing a TNA t-shirt during an interview with Dr. Phil is not product promotion, it looks like Hogan is an old, nasty bastard, wearing a ? N Ass t-shirt with no mention of the company he works for. He's about himself, and that was the gripe about him for years, but Dixie is under this n!gga's spell and keeps shoveling cash his way. He does nothing to help TNA, nothing.

But as I said, it goes far beyond what we see on TV. There's too many management and financial issues they have to deal with to right the ship. And it's been too many years to correct it and they obviously haven't made an attempt. So any "ideas" to fix the product on screen is futile. You can put sugar on ? , and what does that make it.....sugar on ? ; it's still ? .

• Broddie
    edited October 2013
    What the BFG 2013 crowd actually looked like

t4v4lu.jpg

Now I hated this show for the most part because it was overbooked and inferior to a lot of their recent free TV but fair is fair. It really looks no worse than their usual attendances or any Smackdown taping. With the hard camera area being empty which is why you never see the camera fully pan to the left of the stage on shows like Smackdown or Impact in the first place. Not that that justifies that size a crowd for their "biggest ppv" but this is a company that normally doesn't draw more than 3,000 people on average. Being shocked that TNA drew that number is like being shocked that the sky is blue.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited October 2013
    What the BFG 2013 crowd actually looked like

t4v4lu.jpg

Now I hated this show for the most part because it was overbooked and inferior to a lot of their recent free TV but fair is fair. It really looks no worse than their usual attendances or any Smackdown taping. With the hard camera area being empty which is why you never see the camera fully pan to the left of the stage on shows like Smackdown or Impact in the first place. Not that that justifies that size a crowd for their "biggest ppv" but this is a company that normally doesn't draw more than 3,000 people on average. Being shocked that TNA drew that number is like being shocked that the sky is blue.

That's just another angle during the Roode vs Angle match. And I think someone said most of the people on the left wasn't even there for most of the show.
    - The word backstage at Bound for Glory is that the company sold about 3,000 of the venue's 6,000 tickets before the box office opened today.

Credit: PWInsider

Their biggest PPV of the year and they basically did iMPACT taping attendance
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    @Broddie is my ? . You did the work for me bruh.
  • ShencotheMC
    That ain't no excuse for ? . Like I said, this is their wrestlemania and they did iMPACT taping numbers. Come the ? on son. That's like Wrestlemania doing Smackdown or Raw type numbers of attendance. You know why that would never happen? Because WWE focuses on marketing the ppv and actually building up to it. No one's saying that TNA has to be WWE or have WWE type attendance numbers, but come the ? on son
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did TNA expect to host WWE size crowds? seriously?

Fixed. Thank me later

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.wrestling-edge.com/scott-hall-reacts-tnas-lackluster-bound-glory-attendance-sad-state-affairs/

TNA Wrestling held its premiere event, Bound For Glory, this past Sunday in San Diego, California, and was unable to fill a good portion of the 12,000 seat Viejas Arena. To combat this startling lack of attendance, some fans were guided to seats in the lower bowl and moved near the hard camera in order for the venue to appear full during the pay-per-view broadcast. Scott Hall, who appeared for the organization as recently as 2010, weighed in on the lackluster turnout with the following message on Twitter.

Despite the company’s ills, he feels that former New World Order cohorts Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff are not to blame. In response to a fan saying it’s their fault, Hall wrote, “The history is that [Bischoff] and Hulk left alone, draw money. They never had the control needed to pop that company in my opinion..”

In response to whether WWE head Vince McMahon will ultimately buy the company out, Hall wrote, “Nothing to buy….” In his opinion, that includes talent. Hall wrote to a fan, “Name three people WWE would want…”

Hall added that he he has no interest in returning to the company.

well damn, that really was a wwe sized arena, i didnt even realize, wat were they thinking
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TNA doesn't market, promote, or do joint ventures with the right entities to gain any visibility.

I went to a show at the VCU Siegel Center which seats roughly 7,600 and they couldn't fill that up. It was maybe 3-4 thousands in there, and I'm being generous with that number. And it wasn't that they didn't put everyone on the roster in the ring either, no one was interested. And Richmond, VA is a wrestling and NASCAR town, so it was sad to see such a low turnout for a wrestling event in the area.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WWE buying TNA would be messy but it would definitely be cheaper than them allowing that classification change (as he mentioned).

Spike wouldn't want to deal with that either I reckon. They would only want to be financially compensated for their lost advertisement dollars.

Also the old talk of wrestling unions could be coming back around if they are allowed to be considered employees (which they should be).