What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

"Tokyo, London, United States. It's gonna be a wipeout. We'll never see it coming." - Hollywood

2

Replies

  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS NOT BABYLON

    Scripture?

    Because I have seen some pretty compelling arguments using scripture that suggest that it is. At the very least it is the daughter of babylon imo.

    if you want to find Babylon as a physical place it will be located were ever the apostles died

    Rev 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

    no apostle ever died in america and in addition there are people today calling themselves apostle in america but they are false the only apostles are in the bible. and were sent by christ himself and were recognized as apostles by people who lived with christ.

    The location of where the apostles died are scattered all over the Mediterranean. It is said that the Apostle Thomas died all the way in India. So your postulation is again unfounded.

    And any credible biblical scholar, because of that aforementioned fact, will agree that Revelation 18:20 isn't limited to the "12 or 13" apostles.

    And because you like to just take 1 word and seize on it, you failed to account for the rest of the verse which also tells all those in heaven and the prophets to also join in on the celebration. You just can't take 1 word, jump on it, and try to build some argument from it. That's bad exegesis, which always leads to bad hermeneutics. Amen.

    No it's not unfounded at all most likely babylon will be located somewhere in the mediterranean and will be composed of the nations in that area. like everything else in the bible happened in that area

    it's not just that the apostles have to have died in the nations that will compose babylons but that the other descriptions given about babylon simply do not fit america.

    "Your mother shall be sore confounded; she that bare you shall be ashamed: behold, the last of the nations shall be a wilderness, a dry land, and a desert." Jeremiah 50:12

    Lets see, Babylon is said to have a mother and that the mother nation will be ashamed of her when she is destroyed; meaning that the mother nation is still around after the destruction.

    Also Jeremiah tells us that Babylon is the last of the nations and that it will be totally destroyed.

    So lets see, in 1776 America gained it's independence from her mother nation, England.

    America is the last nation that currently rules over the entire world. No other nation can fulfill that prophecy besides America. Looks like a match to me.

    How bout this description:


    "How is the hammer of the whole earth cut asunder and broken! how is Babylon become a desolation among the nations!" Jeremiah 50:23


    Jeremiah describes Babylon as being the enforcer (world policeman) of the whole earth.

    Well America fits that description to a T. No other nation can fulfill that prophecy except America. Shall I continue?
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

    GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

    Go to Jerusalem! 5777



    Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Ziryab wrote: »
    'yeah man, nothing is gonna destroy the US, we are too powerful and the military is too strong. we run everything. praise be to the USA, all hail USA'


    said the deadman walking

    america can be and most likely will be destroyed but that still does not mean america is babylon

    There is no "most likely" that America will be destroyed. IT WILL BE DESTROYED.

    "For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted." Isaiah 60:12


    "I have begun to punish Jerusalem, the city that bears my name. Now should I let you go unpunished? No, you will not escape disaster. I will call for war against all the nations of the earth. I, the LORD of Heaven's Armies, have spoken!" Jeremiah 25:29


    Let God be true and all men liars. Amen.

    Like i said most likely you don't know what god is going to do or who he is going to do it to
    I disagree.

    "Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets." Amos 3:7

    Study the scriptures, humble yourself, and ask the LORD for revelation. God says we are not to be ignorant about the day of the LORD. But surely you knew this because your a student of the word, right?

    "1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do." 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11


    It's been my observation that you need to spend more time seeking the LORD than debating topics on which your not well versed in. We are all on the same team my friend, but God also says that His people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge. So my prayer for you is that you will be more diligent in your studies my friend. Amen.
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

    GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

    Go to Jerusalem! 5777



    Amen.
  • zombiezombie Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS NOT BABYLON

    Scripture?

    Because I have seen some pretty compelling arguments using scripture that suggest that it is. At the very least it is the daughter of babylon imo.

    if you want to find Babylon as a physical place it will be located were ever the apostles died

    Rev 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

    no apostle ever died in america and in addition there are people today calling themselves apostle in america but they are false the only apostles are in the bible. and were sent by christ himself and were recognized as apostles by people who lived with christ.

    The location of where the apostles died are scattered all over the Mediterranean. It is said that the Apostle Thomas died all the way in India. So your postulation is again unfounded.

    And any credible biblical scholar, because of that aforementioned fact, will agree that Revelation 18:20 isn't limited to the "12 or 13" apostles.

    And because you like to just take 1 word and seize on it, you failed to account for the rest of the verse which also tells all those in heaven and the prophets to also join in on the celebration. You just can't take 1 word, jump on it, and try to build some argument from it. That's bad exegesis, which always leads to bad hermeneutics. Amen.

    No it's not unfounded at all most likely babylon will be located somewhere in the mediterranean and will be composed of the nations in that area. like everything else in the bible happened in that area

    it's not just that the apostles have to have died in the nations that will compose babylons but that the other descriptions given about babylon simply do not fit america.

    "Your mother shall be sore confounded; she that bare you shall be ashamed: behold, the last of the nations shall be a wilderness, a dry land, and a desert." Jeremiah 50:12

    Lets see, Babylon is said to have a mother and that the mother nation will be ashamed of her when she is destroyed; meaning that the mother nation is still around after the destruction.

    Also Jeremiah tells us that Babylon is the last of the nations and that it will be totally destroyed.

    So lets see, in 1776 America gained it's independence from her mother nation, England.

    America is the last nation that currently rules over the entire world. No other nation can fulfill that prophecy besides America. Looks like a match to me.

    How bout this description:


    "How is the hammer of the whole earth cut asunder and broken! how is Babylon become a desolation among the nations!" Jeremiah 50:23


    Jeremiah describes Babylon as being the enforcer (world policeman) of the whole earth.

    Well America fits that description to a T. No other nation can fulfill that prophecy except America. Shall I continue?

    You can continue in your folly if you want too but you still have not proved anything you are grasping at straws and stretching the prophecy to make it mean what you want it to.
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS NOT BABYLON

    Scripture?

    Because I have seen some pretty compelling arguments using scripture that suggest that it is. At the very least it is the daughter of babylon imo.

    if you want to find Babylon as a physical place it will be located were ever the apostles died

    Rev 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

    no apostle ever died in america and in addition there are people today calling themselves apostle in america but they are false the only apostles are in the bible. and were sent by christ himself and were recognized as apostles by people who lived with christ.

    The location of where the apostles died are scattered all over the Mediterranean. It is said that the Apostle Thomas died all the way in India. So your postulation is again unfounded.

    And any credible biblical scholar, because of that aforementioned fact, will agree that Revelation 18:20 isn't limited to the "12 or 13" apostles.

    And because you like to just take 1 word and seize on it, you failed to account for the rest of the verse which also tells all those in heaven and the prophets to also join in on the celebration. You just can't take 1 word, jump on it, and try to build some argument from it. That's bad exegesis, which always leads to bad hermeneutics. Amen.

    No it's not unfounded at all most likely babylon will be located somewhere in the mediterranean and will be composed of the nations in that area. like everything else in the bible happened in that area

    it's not just that the apostles have to have died in the nations that will compose babylons but that the other descriptions given about babylon simply do not fit america.

    "Your mother shall be sore confounded; she that bare you shall be ashamed: behold, the last of the nations shall be a wilderness, a dry land, and a desert." Jeremiah 50:12

    Lets see, Babylon is said to have a mother and that the mother nation will be ashamed of her when she is destroyed; meaning that the mother nation is still around after the destruction.

    Also Jeremiah tells us that Babylon is the last of the nations and that it will be totally destroyed.

    So lets see, in 1776 America gained it's independence from her mother nation, England.

    America is the last nation that currently rules over the entire world. No other nation can fulfill that prophecy besides America. Looks like a match to me.

    How bout this description:


    "How is the hammer of the whole earth cut asunder and broken! how is Babylon become a desolation among the nations!" Jeremiah 50:23


    Jeremiah describes Babylon as being the enforcer (world policeman) of the whole earth.

    Well America fits that description to a T. No other nation can fulfill that prophecy except America. Shall I continue?

    You can continue in your folly if you want too but you still have not proved anything you are grasping at straws and stretching the prophecy to make it mean what you want it to.

    I can only lead you to the water my friend. Then again the topic of discussion is strong meat, not milk. Amen.
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

    GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

    Go to Jerusalem! 5777



    Amen.
    Bodhi
  • zombiezombie Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS NOT BABYLON

    Scripture?

    Because I have seen some pretty compelling arguments using scripture that suggest that it is. At the very least it is the daughter of babylon imo.

    if you want to find Babylon as a physical place it will be located were ever the apostles died

    Rev 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

    no apostle ever died in america and in addition there are people today calling themselves apostle in america but they are false the only apostles are in the bible. and were sent by christ himself and were recognized as apostles by people who lived with christ.

    The location of where the apostles died are scattered all over the Mediterranean. It is said that the Apostle Thomas died all the way in India. So your postulation is again unfounded.

    And any credible biblical scholar, because of that aforementioned fact, will agree that Revelation 18:20 isn't limited to the "12 or 13" apostles.

    And because you like to just take 1 word and seize on it, you failed to account for the rest of the verse which also tells all those in heaven and the prophets to also join in on the celebration. You just can't take 1 word, jump on it, and try to build some argument from it. That's bad exegesis, which always leads to bad hermeneutics. Amen.

    No it's not unfounded at all most likely babylon will be located somewhere in the mediterranean and will be composed of the nations in that area. like everything else in the bible happened in that area

    it's not just that the apostles have to have died in the nations that will compose babylons but that the other descriptions given about babylon simply do not fit america.

    "Your mother shall be sore confounded; she that bare you shall be ashamed: behold, the last of the nations shall be a wilderness, a dry land, and a desert." Jeremiah 50:12

    Lets see, Babylon is said to have a mother and that the mother nation will be ashamed of her when she is destroyed; meaning that the mother nation is still around after the destruction.

    Also Jeremiah tells us that Babylon is the last of the nations and that it will be totally destroyed.

    So lets see, in 1776 America gained it's independence from her mother nation, England.

    America is the last nation that currently rules over the entire world. No other nation can fulfill that prophecy besides America. Looks like a match to me.

    How bout this description:


    "How is the hammer of the whole earth cut asunder and broken! how is Babylon become a desolation among the nations!" Jeremiah 50:23


    Jeremiah describes Babylon as being the enforcer (world policeman) of the whole earth.

    Well America fits that description to a T. No other nation can fulfill that prophecy except America. Shall I continue?

    You can continue in your folly if you want too but you still have not proved anything you are grasping at straws and stretching the prophecy to make it mean what you want it to.

    I can only lead you to the water my friend. Then again the topic of discussion is strong meat, not milk. Amen.

    all people like you do with your arrogance is lead people astray but thank god i have my bible so i won't be lead down your path of folly.
  • zombiezombie Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Ziryab wrote: »
    'yeah man, nothing is gonna destroy the US, we are too powerful and the military is too strong. we run everything. praise be to the USA, all hail USA'


    said the deadman walking

    america can be and most likely will be destroyed but that still does not mean america is babylon

    There is no "most likely" that America will be destroyed. IT WILL BE DESTROYED.

    "For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted." Isaiah 60:12


    "I have begun to punish Jerusalem, the city that bears my name. Now should I let you go unpunished? No, you will not escape disaster. I will call for war against all the nations of the earth. I, the LORD of Heaven's Armies, have spoken!" Jeremiah 25:29


    Let God be true and all men liars. Amen.

    Like i said most likely you don't know what god is going to do or who he is going to do it to
    I disagree.

    "Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets." Amos 3:7

    Study the scriptures, humble yourself, and ask the LORD for revelation. God says we are not to be ignorant about the day of the LORD. But surely you knew this because your a student of the word, right?

    "1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do." 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11


    It's been my observation that you need to spend more time seeking the LORD than debating topics on which your not well versed in. We are all on the same team my friend, but God also says that His people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge. So my prayer for you is that you will be more diligent in your studies my friend. Amen.

    You are not a prophet so god is not revealing anything to you about his plans for the world your arrogance and ego must know no limits to call yourself that.
  • zombiezombie Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    america simply being rich powerful and wicked does not qualify it to be babylon. SORRY.
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rock_Well wrote: »
    One thing that isn't being said is this - whether America is destroyed or not doesn't say one thing or another about its moral standing nor its favor in Gods sight, its just not that easy to judge. And the scriptures used to build a case about America being Babylon are taken out of context and ppl are just using to bible to say what they want...its not much different from how the slave masters took and twisted what scripts said to try and make the case that the bible says dark skinned ppl are cursed. That's why ppl should stop doing that...let thr bible speak. There are scriptural examples of Gods ppl being conquered by other nations, it doesn't mean they were in bad moral standing with God

    That's the thing my friend. The case for America being Babylon the Great is not something that can be proved from 1 verse of scripture. God said that Babylon the Great would be a "Mystery". If God said that something would be a "Mystery", well then that would mean many people would not understand who she is until the time of her destruction is near.

    For over almost 2,000 years Babylon the Great has been a "mystery" because she wasn't even in existence when John was given the vision on the island of Patmos. But now that the end is almost here, God has made it clear who she is because all the descriptions both in the Old Testament and the New Testament clearly declare who she is. But again, it is only clear to those who humble themselves before the LORD and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal His truth to them.

    Debates about who she is and the denial of who she is, comes with the biblical precedent of the scriptures. Paul said this:

    "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope."
    Romans 15:4

    So looking at the witness of scripture and how over and over and over again the majority of the people failed to recognize the hour in which they lived in, despite having the scriptures to teach them, gives me encouragement to know that this is the same Biblical model being played out in our days.

    Lastly, like I always do, I appeal to the scriptures and tell you what God has to say in regards to Babylon the Great. You see knowing the identity of Babylon the Great is only the first step. After correctly identifying her, God has given a command of action which is this:

    "And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." Revelation 18:4

    While God gives the general appeal to his people to come out of Babylon before she is destroyed, the appeal gets more individualized in the Old Testament.

    "Flee out of the midst of Babylon, and deliver every man his soul: be not cut off in her iniquity; for this is the time of the LORD'S vengeance; he will render unto her a recompence." Jeremiah 51:6

    "My people, go ye out of the midst of her, and deliver ye every man his soul from the fierce anger of the LORD." Jeremiah 51:45

    So knowing who Babylon is and actually following the command to flee from Babylon is a personal choice. It is a individual decision that every person who lives in Babylon will have to make, if they understand who she is first. So with that being the case, there will not be a mass exodus of people leaving Babylon before she is destroyed. Which is sad, but that's the biblical precedent. God always has a remnant for Himself and that remnant will escape out of Babylon before she is destroyed. Amen.

    There's still quite a few mistakes made in your calculations I can't show all them now
  • alissowackalissowack Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    @doyouwant2go2heaven. I just don't believe you understand the significance of Jesus's Death and Ressurection. If Jesus didn't come to do what he said, we would still be in our sins. All of the "mysteries" would be meaningless to prophesy if there isn't any hope that we would even be saved from our own individual "revealed" sins. People can leave the proverbial Egypt, but it doesn't mean their hearts will be hopeful in the Promised Land.

    ...and @zombie has a point. You can push people away from considering what the Bible has to say about anything if there isn't any humility. Besides, if this is a "gift" that you have, you have no reason to boast for you did not earn it.
    al-is-so-wack: Deplorable for hire.
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS NOT BABYLON

    Scripture?

    Because I have seen some pretty compelling arguments using scripture that suggest that it is. At the very least it is the daughter of babylon imo.

    if you want to find Babylon as a physical place it will be located were ever the apostles died

    Rev 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

    no apostle ever died in america and in addition there are people today calling themselves apostle in america but they are false the only apostles are in the bible. and were sent by christ himself and were recognized as apostles by people who lived with christ.

    The location of where the apostles died are scattered all over the Mediterranean. It is said that the Apostle Thomas died all the way in India. So your postulation is again unfounded.

    And any credible biblical scholar, because of that aforementioned fact, will agree that Revelation 18:20 isn't limited to the "12 or 13" apostles.

    And because you like to just take 1 word and seize on it, you failed to account for the rest of the verse which also tells all those in heaven and the prophets to also join in on the celebration. You just can't take 1 word, jump on it, and try to build some argument from it. That's bad exegesis, which always leads to bad hermeneutics. Amen.

    No it's not unfounded at all most likely babylon will be located somewhere in the mediterranean and will be composed of the nations in that area. like everything else in the bible happened in that area

    it's not just that the apostles have to have died in the nations that will compose babylons but that the other descriptions given about babylon simply do not fit america.

    "Your mother shall be sore confounded; she that bare you shall be ashamed: behold, the last of the nations shall be a wilderness, a dry land, and a desert." Jeremiah 50:12

    Lets see, Babylon is said to have a mother and that the mother nation will be ashamed of her when she is destroyed; meaning that the mother nation is still around after the destruction.

    Also Jeremiah tells us that Babylon is the last of the nations and that it will be totally destroyed.

    So lets see, in 1776 America gained it's independence from her mother nation, England.

    America is the last nation that currently rules over the entire world. No other nation can fulfill that prophecy besides America. Looks like a match to me.

    How bout this description:


    "How is the hammer of the whole earth cut asunder and broken! how is Babylon become a desolation among the nations!" Jeremiah 50:23


    Jeremiah describes Babylon as being the enforcer (world policeman) of the whole earth.

    Well America fits that description to a T. No other nation can fulfill that prophecy except America. Shall I continue?

    You can continue in your folly if you want too but you still have not proved anything you are grasping at straws and stretching the prophecy to make it mean what you want it to.

    I can only lead you to the water my friend. Then again the topic of discussion is strong meat, not milk. Amen.

    all people like you do with your arrogance is lead people astray but thank god i have my bible so i won't be lead down your path of folly.

    The truth shall set you free. Embrace it and act accordingly. Amen.
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

    GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

    Go to Jerusalem! 5777



    Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Ziryab wrote: »
    'yeah man, nothing is gonna destroy the US, we are too powerful and the military is too strong. we run everything. praise be to the USA, all hail USA'


    said the deadman walking

    america can be and most likely will be destroyed but that still does not mean america is babylon

    There is no "most likely" that America will be destroyed. IT WILL BE DESTROYED.

    "For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted." Isaiah 60:12


    "I have begun to punish Jerusalem, the city that bears my name. Now should I let you go unpunished? No, you will not escape disaster. I will call for war against all the nations of the earth. I, the LORD of Heaven's Armies, have spoken!" Jeremiah 25:29


    Let God be true and all men liars. Amen.

    Like i said most likely you don't know what god is going to do or who he is going to do it to
    I disagree.

    "Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets." Amos 3:7

    Study the scriptures, humble yourself, and ask the LORD for revelation. God says we are not to be ignorant about the day of the LORD. But surely you knew this because your a student of the word, right?

    "1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do." 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11


    It's been my observation that you need to spend more time seeking the LORD than debating topics on which your not well versed in. We are all on the same team my friend, but God also says that His people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge. So my prayer for you is that you will be more diligent in your studies my friend. Amen.

    You are not a prophet so god is not revealing anything to you about his plans for the world your arrogance and ego must know no limits to call yourself that.

    We are all prophets. Here let me show you bible student.

    "For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
    Revelation 19:10

    Here goes a working definition of what is means to prophesy:

    "To prophesy is to understand and proclaim the truth concerning God, especially in the face of prevalent ignorance or opposition." - Pulpit Commentary (http://biblehub.com/revelation/19-10.htm)


    Study to show yourself approved child of God. Amen.
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

    GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

    Go to Jerusalem! 5777



    Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    america simply being rich powerful and wicked does not qualify it to be babylon. SORRY.

    Not according to God. Yeah, let God be true and all men liars. Amen.
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

    GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

    Go to Jerusalem! 5777



    Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rock_Well wrote: »
    Rock_Well wrote: »
    One thing that isn't being said is this - whether America is destroyed or not doesn't say one thing or another about its moral standing nor its favor in Gods sight, its just not that easy to judge. And the scriptures used to build a case about America being Babylon are taken out of context and ppl are just using to bible to say what they want...its not much different from how the slave masters took and twisted what scripts said to try and make the case that the bible says dark skinned ppl are cursed. That's why ppl should stop doing that...let thr bible speak. There are scriptural examples of Gods ppl being conquered by other nations, it doesn't mean they were in bad moral standing with God

    That's the thing my friend. The case for America being Babylon the Great is not something that can be proved from 1 verse of scripture. God said that Babylon the Great would be a "Mystery". If God said that something would be a "Mystery", well then that would mean many people would not understand who she is until the time of her destruction is near.

    For over almost 2,000 years Babylon the Great has been a "mystery" because she wasn't even in existence when John was given the vision on the island of Patmos. But now that the end is almost here, God has made it clear who she is because all the descriptions both in the Old Testament and the New Testament clearly declare who she is. But again, it is only clear to those who humble themselves before the LORD and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal His truth to them.

    Debates about who she is and the denial of who she is, comes with the biblical precedent of the scriptures. Paul said this:

    "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope."
    Romans 15:4

    So looking at the witness of scripture and how over and over and over again the majority of the people failed to recognize the hour in which they lived in, despite having the scriptures to teach them, gives me encouragement to know that this is the same Biblical model being played out in our days.

    Lastly, like I always do, I appeal to the scriptures and tell you what God has to say in regards to Babylon the Great. You see knowing the identity of Babylon the Great is only the first step. After correctly identifying her, God has given a command of action which is this:

    "And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." Revelation 18:4

    While God gives the general appeal to his people to come out of Babylon before she is destroyed, the appeal gets more individualized in the Old Testament.

    "Flee out of the midst of Babylon, and deliver every man his soul: be not cut off in her iniquity; for this is the time of the LORD'S vengeance; he will render unto her a recompence." Jeremiah 51:6

    "My people, go ye out of the midst of her, and deliver ye every man his soul from the fierce anger of the LORD." Jeremiah 51:45

    So knowing who Babylon is and actually following the command to flee from Babylon is a personal choice. It is a individual decision that every person who lives in Babylon will have to make, if they understand who she is first. So with that being the case, there will not be a mass exodus of people leaving Babylon before she is destroyed. Which is sad, but that's the biblical precedent. God always has a remnant for Himself and that remnant will escape out of Babylon before she is destroyed. Amen.

    There's still quite a few mistakes made in your calculations I can't show all them now

    Sharpen my iron my friend.
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

    GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

    Go to Jerusalem! 5777



    Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alissowack wrote: »
    @doyouwant2go2heaven. I just don't believe you understand the significance of Jesus's Death and Ressurection. If Jesus didn't come to do what he said, we would still be in our sins. All of the "mysteries" would be meaningless to prophesy if there isn't any hope that we would even be saved from our own individual "revealed" sins. People can leave the proverbial Egypt, but it doesn't mean their hearts will be hopeful in the Promised Land.

    ...and @zombie has a point. You can push people away from considering what the Bible has to say about anything if there isn't any humility. Besides, if this is a "gift" that you have, you have no reason to boast for you did not earn it.

    How does preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ come off as boasting? Well if it does, Praise God!

    "but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD."
    Jeremiah 9:24

    If declaring what is to come, the justice and righteousness of God, is perceived of as boasting; well than let me boast until I meet my Savior in the air. Because glory to God in the highest for His loving kindness which He shed on me.

    Amen and Amen.
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

    GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

    Go to Jerusalem! 5777



    Amen.
  • zombiezombie Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Ziryab wrote: »
    'yeah man, nothing is gonna destroy the US, we are too powerful and the military is too strong. we run everything. praise be to the USA, all hail USA'


    said the deadman walking

    america can be and most likely will be destroyed but that still does not mean america is babylon

    There is no "most likely" that America will be destroyed. IT WILL BE DESTROYED.

    "For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted." Isaiah 60:12


    "I have begun to punish Jerusalem, the city that bears my name. Now should I let you go unpunished? No, you will not escape disaster. I will call for war against all the nations of the earth. I, the LORD of Heaven's Armies, have spoken!" Jeremiah 25:29


    Let God be true and all men liars. Amen.

    Like i said most likely you don't know what god is going to do or who he is going to do it to
    I disagree.

    "Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets." Amos 3:7

    Study the scriptures, humble yourself, and ask the LORD for revelation. God says we are not to be ignorant about the day of the LORD. But surely you knew this because your a student of the word, right?

    "1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do." 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11


    It's been my observation that you need to spend more time seeking the LORD than debating topics on which your not well versed in. We are all on the same team my friend, but God also says that His people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge. So my prayer for you is that you will be more diligent in your studies my friend. Amen.

    You are not a prophet so god is not revealing anything to you about his plans for the world your arrogance and ego must know no limits to call yourself that.

    We are all prophets. Here let me show you bible student.

    "For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
    Revelation 19:10

    Here goes a working definition of what is means to prophesy:

    "To prophesy is to understand and proclaim the truth concerning God, especially in the face of prevalent ignorance or opposition." - Pulpit Commentary (http://biblehub.com/revelation/19-10.htm)


    Study to show yourself approved child of God. Amen.

    Maybe you did not understand me i said YOU ARE NOT a prophet
  • zombiezombie Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    zombie wrote: »
    america simply being rich powerful and wicked does not qualify it to be babylon. SORRY.

    Not according to God. Yeah, let God be true and all men liars. Amen.

    There have been many evil nations on earth and while they may have resembled babylon in Behavior they were not the babylon of revelations nor is america.
    Rock_Well
  • zombiezombie Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    alissowack wrote: »
    @doyouwant2go2heaven. I just don't believe you understand the significance of Jesus's Death and Ressurection. If Jesus didn't come to do what he said, we would still be in our sins. All of the "mysteries" would be meaningless to prophesy if there isn't any hope that we would even be saved from our own individual "revealed" sins. People can leave the proverbial Egypt, but it doesn't mean their hearts will be hopeful in the Promised Land.

    ...and @zombie has a point. You can push people away from considering what the Bible has to say about anything if there isn't any humility. Besides, if this is a "gift" that you have, you have no reason to boast for you did not earn it.

    How does preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ come off as boasting? Well if it does, Praise God!

    "but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD."
    Jeremiah 9:24

    If declaring what is to come, the justice and righteousness of God, is perceived of as boasting; well than let me boast until I meet my Savior in the air. Because glory to God in the highest for His loving kindness which He shed on me.

    Amen and Amen.

    You are not teaching the gospel of christ in this thread all you are doing to speaking with ungiven authority on a subject that no man on earth knows the truth about.

    proverbs 16:5 Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord;
    be assured, he will not go unpunished.
  • alissowackalissowack Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    alissowack wrote: »
    @doyouwant2go2heaven. I just don't believe you understand the significance of Jesus's Death and Ressurection. If Jesus didn't come to do what he said, we would still be in our sins. All of the "mysteries" would be meaningless to prophesy if there isn't any hope that we would even be saved from our own individual "revealed" sins. People can leave the proverbial Egypt, but it doesn't mean their hearts will be hopeful in the Promised Land.

    ...and @zombie has a point. You can push people away from considering what the Bible has to say about anything if there isn't any humility. Besides, if this is a "gift" that you have, you have no reason to boast for you did not earn it.

    How does preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ come off as boasting? Well if it does, Praise God!

    "but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD."
    Jeremiah 9:24

    If declaring what is to come, the justice and righteousness of God, is perceived of as boasting; well than let me boast until I meet my Savior in the air. Because glory to God in the highest for His loving kindness which He shed on me.

    Amen and Amen.

    If what you are preaching is the gospel...then Jeremiah 9:24 would be a little more meaningful. There was a point in time where the end of days interested me; just pondering who the players are and the deals made that sort of "lines up" with what is said in the Bible. But, I've learned that it is not about those things. The "good news" is about what Jesus has done for sinners...not what he is going to do to the unrepentant in the future. For if all you are interested in is avoiding Hell, then you are only just turning up the flames.
    al-is-so-wack: Deplorable for hire.
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Ziryab wrote: »
    'yeah man, nothing is gonna destroy the US, we are too powerful and the military is too strong. we run everything. praise be to the USA, all hail USA'


    said the deadman walking

    america can be and most likely will be destroyed but that still does not mean america is babylon

    There is no "most likely" that America will be destroyed. IT WILL BE DESTROYED.

    "For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted." Isaiah 60:12


    "I have begun to punish Jerusalem, the city that bears my name. Now should I let you go unpunished? No, you will not escape disaster. I will call for war against all the nations of the earth. I, the LORD of Heaven's Armies, have spoken!" Jeremiah 25:29


    Let God be true and all men liars. Amen.

    Like i said most likely you don't know what god is going to do or who he is going to do it to
    I disagree.

    "Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets." Amos 3:7

    Study the scriptures, humble yourself, and ask the LORD for revelation. God says we are not to be ignorant about the day of the LORD. But surely you knew this because your a student of the word, right?

    "1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do." 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11


    It's been my observation that you need to spend more time seeking the LORD than debating topics on which your not well versed in. We are all on the same team my friend, but God also says that His people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge. So my prayer for you is that you will be more diligent in your studies my friend. Amen.

    You are not a prophet so god is not revealing anything to you about his plans for the world your arrogance and ego must know no limits to call yourself that.

    We are all prophets. Here let me show you bible student.

    "For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
    Revelation 19:10

    Here goes a working definition of what is means to prophesy:

    "To prophesy is to understand and proclaim the truth concerning God, especially in the face of prevalent ignorance or opposition." - Pulpit Commentary (http://biblehub.com/revelation/19-10.htm)


    Study to show yourself approved child of God. Amen.

    Maybe you did not understand me i said YOU ARE NOT a prophet

    You don't know your identity in Christ my brother. The more you speak the more you declare your ignorance. It's sad.

    Every one who is in Christ is a Priest, a Prophet, and a King. You need to seriously study the scriptures because you are woefully ignorant.

    "my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge."
    Hosea 4:6
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

    GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

    Go to Jerusalem! 5777



    Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    america simply being rich powerful and wicked does not qualify it to be babylon. SORRY.

    Not according to God. Yeah, let God be true and all men liars. Amen.

    There have been many evil nations on earth and while they may have resembled babylon in Behavior they were not the babylon of revelations nor is america.

    It's not "revelations" is the book of revelation.

    You need to study. You told me that Babylon the Great was known for it's exports in the other thread. Again showing your utter ignorance of the scriptures. My 5 year old can read Revelation 18 and know that Babylon is known for it's imports, thus making all those who bring their merchandise to Babylon rich. SMH @ you trying to discuss a topic your utterly clueless about. And here I am getting trolled by you.
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

    GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

    Go to Jerusalem! 5777



    Amen.
    Bodhi
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    alissowack wrote: »
    @doyouwant2go2heaven. I just don't believe you understand the significance of Jesus's Death and Ressurection. If Jesus didn't come to do what he said, we would still be in our sins. All of the "mysteries" would be meaningless to prophesy if there isn't any hope that we would even be saved from our own individual "revealed" sins. People can leave the proverbial Egypt, but it doesn't mean their hearts will be hopeful in the Promised Land.

    ...and @zombie has a point. You can push people away from considering what the Bible has to say about anything if there isn't any humility. Besides, if this is a "gift" that you have, you have no reason to boast for you did not earn it.

    How does preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ come off as boasting? Well if it does, Praise God!

    "but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD."
    Jeremiah 9:24

    If declaring what is to come, the justice and righteousness of God, is perceived of as boasting; well than let me boast until I meet my Savior in the air. Because glory to God in the highest for His loving kindness which He shed on me.

    Amen and Amen.

    You are not teaching the gospel of christ in this thread all you are doing to speaking with ungiven authority on a subject that no man on earth knows the truth about.

    proverbs 16:5 Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord;
    be assured, he will not go unpunished.
    alissowack wrote: »
    alissowack wrote: »
    @doyouwant2go2heaven. I just don't believe you understand the significance of Jesus's Death and Ressurection. If Jesus didn't come to do what he said, we would still be in our sins. All of the "mysteries" would be meaningless to prophesy if there isn't any hope that we would even be saved from our own individual "revealed" sins. People can leave the proverbial Egypt, but it doesn't mean their hearts will be hopeful in the Promised Land.

    ...and @zombie has a point. You can push people away from considering what the Bible has to say about anything if there isn't any humility. Besides, if this is a "gift" that you have, you have no reason to boast for you did not earn it.

    How does preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ come off as boasting? Well if it does, Praise God!

    "but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD."
    Jeremiah 9:24

    If declaring what is to come, the justice and righteousness of God, is perceived of as boasting; well than let me boast until I meet my Savior in the air. Because glory to God in the highest for His loving kindness which He shed on me.

    Amen and Amen.

    If what you are preaching is the gospel...then Jeremiah 9:24 would be a little more meaningful. There was a point in time where the end of days interested me; just pondering who the players are and the deals made that sort of "lines up" with what is said in the Bible. But, I've learned that it is not about those things. The "good news" is about what Jesus has done for sinners...not what he is going to do to the unrepentant in the future. For if all you are interested in is avoiding Hell, then you are only just turning up the flames.

    Seriously your like the debbie downer all the time. Ever since I have known you on the IC all you do is complain about the way God is leading me to do ministry. You never encourage, you never lift up, you never exhort, all you do is complain about the way God is leading me to do His work.

    I'm not you my friend. We are all of the same body, but we all have different functions in the body. The way God is using me to do His work will be different than they way God will use you. We need to stay in our respective lanes and let God work in us and thru us. Let God use our unique personalities and gifts to glorify His name. Amen.
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

    GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

    Go to Jerusalem! 5777



    Amen.
    alissowackArya TsaddiqBodhi
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here I am trying to feed filet Mignon to folks who still can't even digest milk. How tragic that people who are in Christ, don't even know their own identity in Christ.

    Forget Babylon the Great, we need to do a study about the foundations of the christian life. My goodness!
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

    GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

    Go to Jerusalem! 5777



    Amen.
    Bodhi
  • alissowackalissowack Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    alissowack wrote: »
    @doyouwant2go2heaven. I just don't believe you understand the significance of Jesus's Death and Ressurection. If Jesus didn't come to do what he said, we would still be in our sins. All of the "mysteries" would be meaningless to prophesy if there isn't any hope that we would even be saved from our own individual "revealed" sins. People can leave the proverbial Egypt, but it doesn't mean their hearts will be hopeful in the Promised Land.

    ...and @zombie has a point. You can push people away from considering what the Bible has to say about anything if there isn't any humility. Besides, if this is a "gift" that you have, you have no reason to boast for you did not earn it.

    How does preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ come off as boasting? Well if it does, Praise God!

    "but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD."
    Jeremiah 9:24

    If declaring what is to come, the justice and righteousness of God, is perceived of as boasting; well than let me boast until I meet my Savior in the air. Because glory to God in the highest for His loving kindness which He shed on me.

    Amen and Amen.

    You are not teaching the gospel of christ in this thread all you are doing to speaking with ungiven authority on a subject that no man on earth knows the truth about.

    proverbs 16:5 Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord;
    be assured, he will not go unpunished.
    alissowack wrote: »
    alissowack wrote: »
    @doyouwant2go2heaven. I just don't believe you understand the significance of Jesus's Death and Ressurection. If Jesus didn't come to do what he said, we would still be in our sins. All of the "mysteries" would be meaningless to prophesy if there isn't any hope that we would even be saved from our own individual "revealed" sins. People can leave the proverbial Egypt, but it doesn't mean their hearts will be hopeful in the Promised Land.

    ...and @zombie has a point. You can push people away from considering what the Bible has to say about anything if there isn't any humility. Besides, if this is a "gift" that you have, you have no reason to boast for you did not earn it.

    How does preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ come off as boasting? Well if it does, Praise God!

    "but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD."
    Jeremiah 9:24

    If declaring what is to come, the justice and righteousness of God, is perceived of as boasting; well than let me boast until I meet my Savior in the air. Because glory to God in the highest for His loving kindness which He shed on me.

    Amen and Amen.

    If what you are preaching is the gospel...then Jeremiah 9:24 would be a little more meaningful. There was a point in time where the end of days interested me; just pondering who the players are and the deals made that sort of "lines up" with what is said in the Bible. But, I've learned that it is not about those things. The "good news" is about what Jesus has done for sinners...not what he is going to do to the unrepentant in the future. For if all you are interested in is avoiding Hell, then you are only just turning up the flames.

    Seriously your like the debbie downer all the time. Ever since I have known you on the IC all you do is complain about the way God is leading me to do ministry. You never encourage, you never lift up, you never exhort, all you do is complain about the way God is leading me to do His work.

    I'm not you my friend. We are all of the same body, but we all have different functions in the body. The way God is using me to do His work will be different than they way God will use you. We need to stay in our respective lanes and let God work in us and thru us. Let God use our unique personalities and gifts to glorify His name. Amen.

    I think I hit the "ether" tag by mistake...I hate those things. Anyway, the gospel isn't about us. It isn't about how we feel or how "advanced" we may think we are. It's about what Jesus has done. Even the most Biblically sound person still has to deal with sin. Paul has had to deal with it. The rain still falls on the righteous and the wicked so if there is any reason to think that you are standing tall in The Lord...be careful that you don't fall...and yes, it goes for me as well.
    al-is-so-wack: Deplorable for hire.
    Bodhi
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alissowack wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    alissowack wrote: »
    @doyouwant2go2heaven. I just don't believe you understand the significance of Jesus's Death and Ressurection. If Jesus didn't come to do what he said, we would still be in our sins. All of the "mysteries" would be meaningless to prophesy if there isn't any hope that we would even be saved from our own individual "revealed" sins. People can leave the proverbial Egypt, but it doesn't mean their hearts will be hopeful in the Promised Land.

    ...and @zombie has a point. You can push people away from considering what the Bible has to say about anything if there isn't any humility. Besides, if this is a "gift" that you have, you have no reason to boast for you did not earn it.

    How does preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ come off as boasting? Well if it does, Praise God!

    "but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD."
    Jeremiah 9:24

    If declaring what is to come, the justice and righteousness of God, is perceived of as boasting; well than let me boast until I meet my Savior in the air. Because glory to God in the highest for His loving kindness which He shed on me.

    Amen and Amen.

    You are not teaching the gospel of christ in this thread all you are doing to speaking with ungiven authority on a subject that no man on earth knows the truth about.

    proverbs 16:5 Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord;
    be assured, he will not go unpunished.
    alissowack wrote: »
    alissowack wrote: »
    @doyouwant2go2heaven. I just don't believe you understand the significance of Jesus's Death and Ressurection. If Jesus didn't come to do what he said, we would still be in our sins. All of the "mysteries" would be meaningless to prophesy if there isn't any hope that we would even be saved from our own individual "revealed" sins. People can leave the proverbial Egypt, but it doesn't mean their hearts will be hopeful in the Promised Land.

    ...and @zombie has a point. You can push people away from considering what the Bible has to say about anything if there isn't any humility. Besides, if this is a "gift" that you have, you have no reason to boast for you did not earn it.

    How does preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ come off as boasting? Well if it does, Praise God!

    "but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD."
    Jeremiah 9:24

    If declaring what is to come, the justice and righteousness of God, is perceived of as boasting; well than let me boast until I meet my Savior in the air. Because glory to God in the highest for His loving kindness which He shed on me.

    Amen and Amen.

    If what you are preaching is the gospel...then Jeremiah 9:24 would be a little more meaningful. There was a point in time where the end of days interested me; just pondering who the players are and the deals made that sort of "lines up" with what is said in the Bible. But, I've learned that it is not about those things. The "good news" is about what Jesus has done for sinners...not what he is going to do to the unrepentant in the future. For if all you are interested in is avoiding Hell, then you are only just turning up the flames.

    Seriously your like the debbie downer all the time. Ever since I have known you on the IC all you do is complain about the way God is leading me to do ministry. You never encourage, you never lift up, you never exhort, all you do is complain about the way God is leading me to do His work.

    I'm not you my friend. We are all of the same body, but we all have different functions in the body. The way God is using me to do His work will be different than they way God will use you. We need to stay in our respective lanes and let God work in us and thru us. Let God use our unique personalities and gifts to glorify His name. Amen.

    I think I hit the "ether" tag by mistake...I hate those things. Anyway, the gospel isn't about us. It isn't about how we feel or how "advanced" we may think we are. It's about what Jesus has done. Even the most Biblically sound person still has to deal with sin. Paul has had to deal with it. The rain still falls on the righteous and the wicked so if there is any reason to think that you are standing tall in The Lord...be careful that you don't fall...and yes, it goes for me as well.

    Huh? What does anything you just said have to do with anything I previously wrote?
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

    GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

    Go to Jerusalem! 5777



    Amen.
    Bodhi
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    <-Getting trolled UOENO........SMH @ me.
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

    GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

    Go to Jerusalem! 5777



    Amen.
    Arya TsaddiqBodhi
Sign In or Register to comment.