What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

thulsadoomthulsadoom do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too.Posts: 61,609 Regulator
edited October 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
London (PRWEB UK) 8 October 2013

American Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill will be appearing before the British public for the first time in London on the 19th of October to present a controversial new discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove, according to Atwill, that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ. His presentation will be part of a one-day symposium entitled "Covert Messiah" at Conway Hall in Holborn (full details can be found at http://www.covertmessiah.com).

Although to many scholars his theory seems outlandish, and is sure to upset some believers, Atwill regards his evidence as conclusive and is confident its acceptance is only a matter of time. "I present my work with some ambivalence, as I do not want to directly cause Christians any harm," he acknowledges, "but this is important for our culture. Alert citizens need to know the truth about our past so we can understand how and why governments create false histories and false gods. They often do it to obtain a social order that is against the best interests of the common people."

Atwill asserts that Christianity did not really begin as a religion, but a sophisticated government project, a kind of propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire. "Jewish sects in Palestine at the time, who were waiting for a prophesied warrior Messiah, were a constant source of violent insurrection during the first century," he explains. "When the Romans had exhausted conventional means of quashing rebellion, they switched to psychological warfare. They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system. That's when the 'peaceful' Messiah story was invented. Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to 'give onto Caesar' and pay their taxes to Rome."

Was Jesus based on a real person from history? "The short answer is no," Atwill insists, "in fact he may be the only fictional character in literature whose entire life story can be traced to other sources. Once those sources are all laid bare, there's simply nothing left."

Atwill's most intriguing discovery came to him while he was studying "Wars of the Jews" by Josephus [the only surviving first-person historical account of first-century Judea] alongside the New Testament. "I started to notice a sequence of parallels between the two texts," he recounts. "Although it's been recognised by Christian scholars for centuries that the prophesies of Jesus appear to be fulfilled by what Josephus wrote about in the First Jewish-Roman war, I was seeing dozens more. What seems to have eluded many scholars is that the sequence of events and locations of Jesus ministry are more or less the same as the sequence of events and locations of the military campaign of [Emperor] Titus Flavius as described by Josephus. This is clear evidence of a deliberately constructed pattern. The biography of Jesus is actually constructed, tip to stern, on prior stories, but especially on the biography of a Roman Caesar."

How could this go unnoticed in the most scrutinised books of all time? "Many of the parallels are conceptual or poetic, so they aren't all immediately obvious. After all, the authors did not want the average believer to see what they were doing, but they did want the alert reader to see it. An educated Roman in the ruling class would probably have recognised the literary game being played." Atwill maintains he can demonstrate that "the Roman Caesars left us a kind of puzzle literature that was meant to be solved by future generations, and the solution to that puzzle is 'We invented Jesus Christ, and we're proud of it.'"

Is this the beginning of the end of Christianity? "Probably not," grants Atwill, "but what my work has done is give permission to many of those ready to leave the religion to make a clean break. We've got the evidence now to show exactly where the story of Jesus came from. Although Christianity can be a comfort to some, it can also be very damaging and repressive, an insidious form of mind control that has led to blind acceptance of serfdom, poverty, and war throughout history. To this day, especially in the United States, it is used to create support for war in the Middle East."

Atwill encourages skeptics to challenge him at Conway Hall, where after the presentations there is likely to be a lively Q&A session. Joining Mr.Atwill will be fellow scholar Kenneth Humphreys, author of the book "Jesus Never Existed."

Further information can be found at http://www.covertmessiah.com.

About Joseph Atwill: Joseph Atwill is the author of the best-selling book "Caesar's Messiah" and its upcoming sequel "The Single Strand."
http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm
if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
King Of The Onomatopoeia
7figzKarl.NYETOPnRubato GarciajonoBodhiAjackson17xxCivicxxOsirus_JenkinsMelqartTheNeoShellHyenaKillaJabu_RuleMister B.

Replies

• black caesarblack caesar Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Interesting. I've been had my suspicions for years once I read that line "Slaves, obey your ,master", but yeah Christians ain't going to be happy.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically Jesus is like Spiderman both of them fictional characters but put into non fictional locations.

izsej6W8x1bly.png
    Beech Oss Neega
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "To this day, especially in the United States, it is used to create support for war in the Middle East."

"God bless America?"
    (Really though?)
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 33,542 Regulator
    Couple years ago I read that they will find a "discovery" denouncing Christianity lol. This is it.
    #Mikeyismod2017
    texas409
  • kzzlkzzl Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks like me figured this out already.
    Rubato Garciablack caesar  Colin$mackabi$hBelovedAfeni
  • gem$tonegem$tone Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    INB4 Whatwouldjesusdo? Or Dontyouwanttogo2heaven? Commits Dat With 2 45 Plates To The Head

You should've '@' he homie
    Lol
  • Arya TsaddiqArya Tsaddiq Shalawam The Daughter of BabylonPosts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is interesting....

Wonder is this has anything to do with the the fact the Cesare Borgia posed to be "Jesus"...

Oh.....and the Tanakh would still be true....Even if this rubbish had some kind of credibility
    216atlran
  • NYETOPnNYETOPn Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    gem$tone wrote: »
    INB4 Whatwouldjesusdo? Or Dontyouwanttogo2heaven? Commits Dat With 2 45 Plates To The Head

You should've '@' he homie
    Lol

Word.

Damn that "?".
  • BoldChildBoldChild Born alone, die alone. Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the Romans killed thousands of Christians at the time? This is flawed

During certain periods of time Romans persecuted Christians, up until the rule of Constantine, at that point Christianity became one of the primary religions of Rome.
    xxCivicxxqawshun
  • DupacDupac Retired PurgatoryPosts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    faith

• BoldChildBoldChild Born alone, die alone. Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no comment until he releases his findings 10 days from now.
    Arya Tsaddiqreapin505Ajackson17CashmoneyDux
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's wait and see but lulz anyway
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    miamivice305
  • Arya TsaddiqArya Tsaddiq Shalawam The Daughter of BabylonPosts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beenwize wrote: »
    The Christians that the Romans persecuted did not believe in the Roman version of Christianity. The Christianity of today thru the Vatican is what most Christians follow today. Why would the same ppl that have been devils throughout history give you a pure truth? Most of y'all are too afraid to think.

I have no objection this...
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. I think Jesus was a real person. There are too many non Biblical and non Christian accounts of his being there for him not to exist. Romans like Tacitus documented it. There's a written record of Pliny, a Roman governor, sending notice to the emperor that Christians have been gathering, locally. Everyone knows the Romans despised Christians up until the religion was legalized there. It doesn't make sense that the government would make up a fictional character to pacify Christians when early Christians in rome weren't violent people. The violence committed was against them by the romans. It is the Christian non violent way that turned Rome around, not vice versa.
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
    StoneColdMikeyMzKBRock_WellSour-Cream
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At most, Rome added a little here and there when legalizing Christianity to suit them so that they could benefit from its legalization. I'll wait to see what this guy has to show. LOL @ the suspense being like that of an IC exposure. Jesus exposed! (Pics inside) But seriously, if what he's saying has truth to it, it could change a lot.
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
    MzKB