5 reason to love-hate Pusha T My Name Is My Name

jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in Reviewably Incorrect
LOVE
#5: Pusha brings it.
Lyrically the album is dope as ? . No weak verses on it.

#4: Production.
Well produced album, I can't see a reason to complain about the beats at all. Some of the beats are a bit unusual like Numbers on The Boards and Suicide but overall it's great.

#3: Solid album.
It's just an enjoyable album as a whole. Sure there are some cuts better than others but only one or two of the tracks are worth skipping.

#2: You get what you were looking for.
Pusha does exactly what a fan of him wants him to do. This could be a negative if you not already a fan but as a fan I think it was important for him to stay true because so many change up for albums.

#1: The standouts.
Some of these joints are crazy beyond words. Nosetalgia, Sweet Serenade, 40 Acres, Suicide, King Push, S.N.I.T.C,H. are just really great stand alone tracks.
HATE
#5- Par for the course.
Basically not much different from his mixtapes. It sounds like an extension of FOG 2 at times. This is a big problem as it bleeds into the next few spots as well.

#4- Lack of growth.
Pusha doesn't deviate much from the dope talk. Not to say he doesn't but he never strays too far away.

#3- Weak middle.
There's a few tracks tucked away in the middle that seemed to be unnecessary.

#2- Too many features.
Even though a lot of them are well done and they actually add something to the album there's only two tracks with Push on them by himself. I wanted a Pusha T solo not a Pusha T and Friends album.

#1- Dope, Dope, Dope = repetitive.
The subject matter rarely changes from dope talk. Although one should stick with what they know it would be nice if he mixed it up more.

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 and 1 for the hate seem near identical
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I know. The descriptions are similar but my intention is that he hasn't grown as an artist since he began years ago and then to say the content of the album gets repetitive as well. I should have clarified the difference between the two.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda reminds me of when hearing a Jeezy album. Dude can take it to new heights at times, BUT always the ongoing "drug thing" intertwined with every tracks/
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The album has a feature on nearly every track. An automatic weed plate status from me.
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as "growing" as an artist, the album title "My Name Is My Name" pretty much explains it all...he's found a lane, it's what he does, and he's going with it.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? Pusha T and anybody who loves em.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like features on albums so I never hold it against anybody for too many of them. Especially if they done right. Kanye on the hook of Hold On was wack. He was the worst part of the song.

Who I am is my ? though, I bang that ? constantly.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THAT BIG SEAN VERSE IS ONE OF THE WOAT'S
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10+ years hes been rapping about the same thing, you expect him to switch up?
  • Karl.
    Karl. wrote: »
    The album has a feature on nearly every track. An automatic weed plate status from me.

So I decided to check it out. Couldn't help myself.

It's pretty good.
    the_r_ wrote: »
    THAT BIG SEAN VERSE IS ONE OF THE WOAT'S

Cosign. ? is horrible. I guess it's like when girls take a fat friend to parties to make themselves look better.
  • Karl.
    I didn't realise Malice was 42.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashboat wrote: »
    4 and 1 for the hate seem near identical

cosign but there both right though like pusha T but damn dies every track has to be about dope
  • devastation1000
    devastation1000 Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    10+ years hes been rapping about the same thing, you expect him to switch up?

same thing with the same flow... mad overrated
  • teammedia
    teammedia Members Posts: 35
    jono wrote: »
    LOVE
    #5: Pusha brings it.
    Lyrically the album is dope as ? . No weak verses on it.

#4: Production.
    Well produced album, I can't see a reason to complain about the beats at all. Some of the beats are a bit unusual like Numbers on The Boards and Suicide but overall it's great.

#3: Solid album.
    It's just an enjoyable album as a whole. Sure there are some cuts better than others but only one or two of the tracks are worth skipping.

#2: You get what you were looking for.
    Pusha does exactly what a fan of him wants him to do. This could be a negative if you not already a fan but as a fan I think it was important for him to stay true because so many change up for albums.

#1: The standouts.
    Some of these joints are crazy beyond words. Nosetalgia, Sweet Serenade, 40 Acres, Suicide, King Push, S.N.I.T.C,H. are just really great stand alone tracks.
    HATE
    #5- Par for the course.
    Basically not much different from his mixtapes. It sounds like an extension of FOG 2 at times. This is a big problem as it bleeds into the next few spots as well.

#4- Lack of growth.
    Pusha doesn't deviate much from the dope talk. Not to say he doesn't but he never strays too far away.

#3- Weak middle.
    There's a few tracks tucked away in the middle that seemed to be unnecessary.

#2- Too many features.
    Even though a lot of them are well done and they actually add something to the album there's only two tracks with Push on them by himself. I wanted a Pusha T solo not a Pusha T and Friends album.

#1- Dope, Dope, Dope = repetitive.
    The subject matter rarely changes from dope talk. Although one should stick with what they know it would be nice if he mixed it up more.

• teammedia
    teammedia Members Posts: 35
    I personally love the album