Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Camaro for performance but the challenger looks better IMO
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Dodge Challenger for sure , although the the old version looks much better to me.
  • Krayzazz1
    Krayzazz1 Members Posts: 60
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Camaro for performance but the challenger looks better IMO

ya i agree with you. the challenger looks better but the camaro jus out performs it in most areas. witch is why i choose the camaro
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    camaro............
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • Keston169
    Keston169 Members Posts: 422
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the challenger go way harder than the camaero
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    id say camaro. the challenger is raw but its not avil in a stick and the camaro is so thats my pick.

Manual>>>>>>>automatic
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Neither, Give me the 2011 Mustang GT. It ? on both these cars in every category.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Neither, Give me the 2011 Mustang GT. It ? on both these cars in every category.

ottffssent
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

you must be thinking of a different car. Both engines available in the Camaro for 2011 are more powerful than those available for the Mustang.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Let me get that Camaro
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Challenger....that's how a charger should've look like before
  • wilberdmillz
    edited July 2010
    Options
    you must be thinking of a different car. Both engines available in the Camaro for 2011 are more powerful than those available for the Mustang.

Do you think power is everything? Look up the weight and get back to me. Matter of fact tell me how a 426hp 3800lb car is faster than a 412 3500lb car? You think 14hp is gonna make up that 300lb weight difference?
  • wilberdmillz
    edited July 2010
    Options
    OH, between the two cars the threads about I'll take the SRT8 Challenger for the looks alone.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'll go with the Challenger,
  • konceptjones
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Do you think power is everything? Look up the weight and get back to me. Matter of fact tell me how a 426hp 3800lb car is faster than a 412 3500lb car? You think 14hp is gonna make up that 300lb weight difference?

because if you look at the last 20 years of Ford's transmission gearing in the Mustang, you see that they usually figure out how to lose any advantage they may have to the Camaro.

For the record, I'm a 3 time Fox body Mustang owner and drag racer. My old 89 LX with a built 351 Windsor and 4 speed manual would ? all over the current Camaro, Challenger, and Stang all day. I got low 12's with street tires outta that thing.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited July 2010
    Options
    because if you look at the last 20 years of Ford's transmission gearing in the Mustang, you see that they usually figure out how to lose any advantage they may have to the Camaro.

For the record, I'm a 3 time Fox body Mustang owner and drag racer. My old 89 LX with a built 351 Windsor and 4 speed manual would ? all over the current Camaro, Challenger, and Stang all day. I got low 12's with street tires outta that thing.

WTF? The gearing has always been close between to Camaro and Stang, Hell in the late 90's early 2000's the auto Mustang(3.27) was geared better than the Auto Camaro(2.73/3.23). The manual's were close 3:42 for the Camaro and 3.27 for the Mustang. If I'm not mistaken the 5.0 mustang dominated the Iroc Camaro? But once chevy came with the LT1 and LS1 it was curtains for the mustang. That was until the 03/04 Mach 1 and the 03/04 Cobra, of course Camaro wasn't around then lol.

And get out of here with that pushrod ? , Mod motors are superior in every way.

For the record I own a weak ass 2V Mustang GT.
  • konceptjones
    edited July 2010
    Options
    WTF? The gearing has always been close between to Camaro and Stang, Hell in the late 90's early 2000's the auto Mustang(3.27) was geared better than the Auto Camaro(2.73/3.23). The manual's were close 3:42 for the Camaro and 3.27 for the Mustang. If I'm not mistaken the 5.0 mustang dominated the Iroc Camaro? But once chevy came with the LT1 and LS1 it was curtains for the mustang. That was until the 03/04 Mach 1 and the 03/04 Cobra, of course Camaro wasn't around then lol.

And get out of here with that pushrod ? , Mod motors are superior in every way.

For the record I own a weak ass 2V Mustang GT.

http://motortrend.automotive.com/134098/112-9302-1993-chevrolet-camaro-1993-ford-mustang-cobra-comparison/specs.html

^^^ Just one example of what I'm talking about.

From the article:
    One of the best things about a standard Mustang 5.0 is its low-rpm squirt. This is where the Mustang Cobra frustrates. Sure, it's got the beans to rip your head off when you've strained the tach needle deep into the vast yellow zone (4700 to 5800 rpm), but drop below about 2500 rpm, and there's little forward thrust. With the one-choice-only 3.08:1 rear gearing, the Cobra cruises at 1750 rpm in fifth gear at 60 mph. Tag the throttle at this speed, and you'll think the fuel flow has been crimped off. It'll require a downshift to fourth, or perhaps third gear, to get past anyone on a two-lane road.

Low and midrange torque is so abundant in the Z28 you could rent yours to construction crews for moving piles of dirt. With the well-spaced ratios of the six-speed's cogs, and the available 3.23:1 ring-and-pinion, the gearing advantage over the Cobra's setup alone would make this car quicker. With the added grunt of the LT1, it's no contest. Even saddled with a 118-pound weight disadvantage, the Z28 is the clear victor in speed contests. Staged together at the drag strip's starting line, the cars only stay together for the first two car lengths. By 20 mph, the Camaro's taken the lead, stretching it to a strong advantage (5.6 versus 6.2 seconds) at 60 mph. Tripping the quarter-mile timers at 14.0 seconds/at 98.8 mph gives the Z28 uncontested bragging rights over the Cobra's best effort of 14.4 seconds/at 97.4 mph. (Our recent test of a '92 Mustang LX 5.0 showed 0-60 times of 6.2 seconds and a quarter-mile best of 14.8 seconds/at 95.8 mph.)

The top-speed shootout was next. On our secret high-speed test road, the temperaments of the two cars proved markedly different. The Cobra accelerated strongly to the top of fourth gear (nearly 130 mph), but ran into a wall of air when shifted into fifth. The climb to top speed (141 mph) required an additional 2.5 miles of pavement, at an acceleration rate that was leisurely at best. Terminal velocity occurred at 4000 rpm in the overdrive fifth gear; not surprisingly, that's the torque peak of the motor. (The Mustang LX we previously tested ran out of steam at 135 mph.) More power and better gearing pushed the Z28 to a much higher top speed, and did so a full mile sooner than what the Cobra required. The Chevy's lower 0.80:1 fifth gear cogs (versus the Ford's 0.68:1) returned excellent acceleration above 120 mph, and put the speedo on the peg (154 mph) just as the tach needle stretched into the yellow zone. In other words, a perfectly optimized powertrain. Shifting into super-overdrive (0.62:1) sixth gear dropped the top speed to 150 mph.

I bought the magazine this article ran in when it first hit the stands back in '93.

Pushrod is inferior??? You do realize that a pushrod 8 still powers the Corvette, right? And that the vette Z06 is still capable of running with or spanking most cars twice it's price, right???
  • wilberdmillz
    edited July 2010
    Options
    http://motortrend.automotive.com/134098/112-9302-1993-chevrolet-camaro-1993-ford-mustang-cobra-comparison/specs.html

^^^ Just one example of what I'm talking about.

From the article:

I bought the magazine this article ran in when it first hit the stands back in '93.

Pushrod is inferior??? You do realize that a pushrod 8 still powers the Corvette, right? And that the vette Z06 is still capable of running with or spanking most cars twice it's price, right???

1. Reread what I typed, I agreed the LT1 Camaro Mopped the floor with the Mustang. It wasn't necessarily the gear ratio that caused that though. The Mustang lacked the power to keep up. It was down 40hp and 40tq and only weighed ~100 less.

Now the mustang is down only 14hp and weighs ~300 pounds less. My whole point is the 2011 Mustang is faster than the 2011 Camaro. Agree?

2. LOL, firstly I'm speaking about the Ford push rod being inferior the the Ford mod motor. Secondly the consensus so far it that the Fords new 5.0 4v mod motor is just as mod friendly as Gm's LS series, all while having way less cubic inches. Just think about it for a sec. The Camaro motor is 427ci correct? The Mustang motor is 302ci correct? Why is there only a 14hp difference with GM having a much bigger motor in the car?

About the ZO6, IT'S A BEAST. I will not argue that, would be a fool to. But I will say this, the car weighs ~3200 pounds and that is a BIG reason why it shines. If the Z06 weighed the same as the Camaro it would be as fast as the Camaro. To further get my point across tell me this, LS3 Camaro vs LS3 corvette, who wins? I mean they have the same LS3 pushrod motor correct? You think It'd be a tie lol?
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'll go with the Challenger just because I see less of them on the road than the Camaro.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    id say camaro. the challenger is raw but its not avil in a stick and the camaro is so thats my pick.

Manual>>>>>>>automatic

lol where did you hear the challenger is available in manual
  • youngfresh08
    youngfresh08 Members Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    Options
    challenger looks better but camaro completely out performs it.
  • shelt83
    shelt83 Members Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    Options
    IMAG0144.jpg
    IMAG0146.jpg
    IMAG0118.jpg

i will pick the challenger over the camaro, although plan on adding camaro in 2 years
  • shelt83
    shelt83 Members Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    Options
    here is one more for yall, my rt next to another rt
    IMAG0005.jpg