• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »

2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Actually the Camaro was my 1st choice before I got my Challenger... But IMO the Challenger is a better looking car.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »

2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

This!! The GT500 Is way faster and maybe a hair slower in the curves. But it should be with 662hp.
  • rage
    Options

2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

Pics?.. Vids?...

The Mustang itself as a base car stomps out the Camaro. If you look at the Mustang GT vs the SS...GT wins, Boss 302s have no answer from Camaro, the GT500 has 662hp....662hp.....662hp!!!
  • wilberdmillz
    Options

2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

Pics?.. Vids?...

The Mustang itself as a base car stomps out the Camaro. If you look at the Mustang GT vs the SS...GT wins, Boss 302s have no answer from Camaro, the GT500 has 662hp....662hp.....662hp!!!

Gaa damn 662?.. Thats Lamborghini territory?.. In a V8?.. WTF?..

This is the ? im talkin about.. The folks in Detroit obviously have the talent to make better cars but they continue to feed the public BS and expect us to buy it.. There's no reason.. GM or Ford cant make better cars then BMW or Mercedes Benz.. ? ? .. 662 horsepower in a Mustang?.. smh..

Where have you been the last 7-8 years bruh? Besides the BIG sedans and super cars Detroit has a car to compete with ANY foreign car.

• Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1
    Would have to show me before I believe it

2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

Pics?.. Vids?...

This is the ? im talkin about.. The folks in Detroit obviously have the talent to make better cars but they continue to feed the public BS and expect us to buy it.. There's no reason.. GM or Ford cant make better cars then BMW or Mercedes Benz.. ? ? .. 662 horsepower in a Mustang?.. smh..

Where have you been the last 7-8 years bruh? Besides the BIG sedans and super cars Detroit has a car to compete with ANY foreign car.

Yeah they strap a supercharger on the top and you're gonna put up numbers.

Yesterday I rode in a 5 year old GT mustang and it was a POS. rattles and didn't feel tight at all.
    Nosign the last statement.
    Watch the Nissan GTR wax all their ass. And don't even mention going around a road course, it'd be a huge embarrassment.

http://youtu.be/JaS7n6qKQe4

I respect the heritage but I wouldnt ever own one.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    b00kie wrote: »
    2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

Pics?.. Vids?...

Yesterday I rode in a 5 year old GT mustang and it was a POS. rattles and didn't feel tight at all.
    Watch the Nissan GTR wax all their ass. And don't even mention going around a road course, it'd be a huge embarrassment.

It felt like a POS compared to what though? What would a same year equally priced coupe from another auto maker feel like? When you by a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger you're buying cheap performance, for a better built car you're going to pay ~20k more. I'm sure you could put better leather/dash trim in your American car for less than 20k?

As for your last video, did you notice the trap speeds? On the streets in a random highway race where most races occur the GT500 will eat that GT-R up. And I'd take the GT-R over the GT500.
  • rage
    edited November 2012
    Options
    2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

Pics?.. Vids?...

A 5 year old anything could be a POS based on how the owner kept it. The GT-R is also damn near $30K more expensive. Lets compare Apples to Apples.

P.S. The Zl-1 got dusted by a 400hp 911slow??!!! The BRz/FR-S is the Tim Tebow of cars swear to ? .
  • Cinco
    Options
    2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

Pics?.. Vids?...

It felt like a POS compared to what though? What would a same year equally priced coupe from another auto maker feel like? When you by a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger you're buying cheap performance, for a better built car you're going to pay ~20k more. I'm sure you could put better leather/dash trim in your American car for less than 20k?

As for your last video, did you notice the trap speeds? On the streets in a random highway race where most races occur the GT500 will eat that GT-R up. And I'd take the GT-R over the GT500.

I was refuting your comment that the US has competition for ANY foreign car. That camaro is $60k bucks.
    My position is the japanese cars are better built. I base this on first hand experience.
    You could definitely upgrade the interior for a few thousand, but that's aftermarket, i'm talkin stock to stock.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options

2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

Pics?.. Vids?...

I will say that Detroit has stepped it up over the last decade or so... But to say they compete with the BMW, Mercedes, & Porsches of the world is something I cannot co-sign... The jump for bad to good.. It much easier than the jump from good to great.. And I cant even call everything from the aforementioned as great..

Give me a 911 Turbo hell a 911 Carerra S.. Over anything from Ford or Chevy.. Including the Corvette.. Give me an M6 hell even an M3... And I dont even like M Cars....

Are we talking build quality or performance?

Yeah the rare cars are a whole different breed and you're correct about porche but that joint starts at 82k and can cost as high as 172k. The big three don't build anything in its class.

M3/M5/M6, while the build quality is better Detroit has cars that compete performance wise. The Mustang GT equaled and surpassed the M3 in testing including the curves, the CTS-V coupe/sedan are performing as good as the M5/M6 cost less with like options. But these are the special production cars (M series, AMG, SRT, SVT and V series).

How does a regular 3/5 series BMW,C-Class Mercedes, Toyota, Honda compare to the CTS, the new Buicks, the Lincoln MKZ, Ford Fusion, etc.....? When it comes to your regular every day type of car the quality isn't that far off. And I'm positive that any option you can get on a foreign car you can also get it on an american car.

• wilberdmillz
    Options
    2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

Pics?.. Vids?...

I was refuting your comment that the US has competition for ANY foreign car. That camaro is $60k bucks.
    My position is the japanese cars are better built. I base this on first hand experience.
    You could definitely upgrade the interior for a few thousand, but that's aftermarket, i'm talkin stock to stock.

Understood, if we're talking build quality I'll give you that, although american cars now a days a far from POS quality wise. With that better build quality comes a higher price so it should be expected. If the same material were used in american cars(and it can) they'd be priced the same as its foreign counterpart.

I was really focusing on the performance part though and I still say america has cars that compete performance wise.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

Pics?.. Vids?...

I will say that Detroit has stepped it up over the last decade or so... But to say they compete with the BMW, Mercedes, & Porsches of the world is something I cannot co-sign... The jump for bad to good.. It much easier than the jump from good to great.. And I cant even call everything from the aforementioned as great..

Give me a 911 Turbo hell a 911 Carerra S.. Over anything from Ford or Chevy.. Including the Corvette.. Give me an M6 hell even an M3... And I dont even like M Cars....

Yeah the rare cars are a whole different breed and you're correct about porche but that joint starts at 82k and can cost as high as 172k. The big three don't build anything in its class.

M3/M5/M6, while the build quality is better Detroit has cars that compete performance wise. The Mustang GT equaled and surpassed the M3 in testing including the curves, the CTS-V coupe/sedan are performing as good as the M5/M6 cost less with like options. But these are the special production cars (M series, AMG, SRT, SVT and V series).

How does a regular 3/5 series BMW,C-Class Mercedes, Toyota, Honda compare to the CTS, the new Buicks, the Lincoln MKZ, Ford Fusion, etc.....? When it comes to your regular every day type of car the quality isn't that far off. And I'm positive that any option you can get on a foreign car you can also get it on an american car.

forgeting about the vette.....the z06 and the zr1
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »

2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

Pics?.. Vids?...

Yeah the rare cars are a whole different breed and you're correct about Porsche but that joint starts at 82k and can cost as high as 172k. The big three don't build anything in its class.

Not at all, the Vette competes performance wise but its still so much cheaper because of the quality of materials used. The ZR1 is the best Vette you can buy and its still only 120k, the best 911 is 172k, so yes its built better but the ZR1 is right there in performance wise. I doubt the Vette is marketed to the same demo as a Porsche too. Porsche is targeted with Ferrari and Lambo IMO.

This brings me back to my point when I'm comparing domestic vs foreign I'm talking more about GM/FORD/CHRYSLER VS TOYOTA/HONDA/HYUNDAI.
  • rage
    Options

2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

Pics?.. Vids?...

Yeah the rare cars are a whole different breed and you're correct about Porsche but that joint starts at 82k and can cost as high as 172k. The big three don't build anything in its class.

Not at all, the Vette competes performance wise but its still so much cheaper because of the quality of materials used. The ZR1 is the best Vette you can buy and its still only 120k, the best 911 is 172k, so yes its built better but the ZR1 is right there in performance wise. I doubt the Vette is marketed to the same demo as a Porsche too. Porsche is targeted with Ferrari and Lambo IMO.

This brings me back to my point when I'm comparing domestic vs foreign I'm talking more about GM/FORD/CHRYSLER VS TOYOTA/HONDA/HYUNDAI.

Huh? Gallardo's START at 2chainz and only go up from there. Porsche's compare to Lambo's and Ferrari's the same way the vet compete's with the 911....which is to say it doesn't.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited November 2012
    Options

2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

Pics?.. Vids?...

Ay Wild.. I'm following you... But when I buy a car I want a complete package.... Performance, Build Quality, Tech, Reliability.. etc.. etc.. And I will be the first to admit that American cars have gotten better.. They still lack in the build quality department.. With their use of cheap plastics.. And that blue on black digital interface they use from the 80's.. It's 2012.. And you mean to tell me the folks at Detroit are so concerned with profit margins that they won't invest and make the cars better..

I for one wouldnt mind paying extra for a properly built with higher quality materials.. I recently posted a thread of a Jeep Wrangler.. If they made it with a V8.. And actually brought it up to date with instead of using cheap plastics I would be Range Rover Sport Money for one..

Im basically sayin that.. If the price rises you will lose some clientele.. But you would gain a whole other demographic...

NM, had a long response typed out and CPU ? it up.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options

2013 GT500>>>>>>>ZL-1

Pics?.. Vids?...

Huh? Gallardo's START at 2chainz and only go up from there. Porsche's compare to Lambo's and Ferrari's the same way the vet compete's with the 911....which is to say it doesn't.

You're correct. Seems you get my point though.
  • Cinco
    Options
    "wilbe wrote:

Not at all, the Vette competes performance wise but its still so much cheaper because of the quality of materials used. The ZR1 is the best Vette you can buy and its still only 120k, the best 911 is 172k, so yes its built better but the ZR1 is right there in performance wise.
    I'm with you on that Got to cosign this. Even a Z06 will run well with the foreigns