So who made the deal with the Devil?

Options
Rock_Well
Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
"Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your ? , and serve him only.’”

Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him." (Matthew 4:8-11)

No surprise here.... Jesus resisted the temptation and refused the deal right? But isn't probable the Devil approached someone else with the same proposal in which they accepted the deal, and that it just isn't recorded in scripture??Assuming so, and looking at the world today, who do you think signed on that line?

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dmx

"I sold my soul to the devil! And the price was cheap!"
    -- DMX
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U asking dangerous questions folk....best not mind those kind of things and keep watching ur tv and focus on going to the plantat....i mean work....

You will be fine.....
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rock_Well wrote: »
    "Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your ? , and serve him only.’”

No surprise here.... Jesus resisted the temptation and refused the deal right? But isn't probable the Devil approached someone else with the same proposal in which they accepted the deal, and that it just isn't recorded in scripture??Assuming so, and looking at the world today, who do you think signed on that line?

An innumerable amount of people have made a deal with the enemy. He deceives the whole world and thus he has ensnared a multitude of souls in his web of deceit.

But thanks be to ? that He has come to set the captives free! Now all those who come to ? , by faith, have been delivered from the tricks of the enemy! No longer are we ignorant of his devices, but ? has given the faithful the mind of Christ, so that we can resist the devil in order that he will flee. Hallelujah!
  • Rock_Well
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Dmx

"I sold my soul to the devil! And the price was cheap!"
    -- DMX

lol sells his soul to the devil but doesn't get the kingdoms smh
  • Rock_Well
    Options
    U asking dangerous questions folk....best not mind those kind of things and keep watching ur tv and focus on going to the plantat....i mean work....

You will be fine.....
    I see what u did there..Lol..but I rly dont think we can ever know. Unless someone come in here with some scripture that shows it.

An innumerable amount of people have made a deal with the enemy. He deceives the whole world and thus he has ensnared a multitude of souls in his web of deceit.

But thanks be to ? that He has come to set the captives free! Now all those who come to ? , by faith, have been delivered from the tricks of the enemy! No longer are we ignorant of his devices, but ? has given the faithful the mind of Christ, so that we can resist the devil in order that he will flee. Hallelujah!

i agree and assume by 'made a deal' u mean, 'ate of the forbidden fruit'...same deal proposed to Adam and Eve - eat and u will become like ? , knowing right from wrong. in a symbolic sense, we all ate from the forbidden fruit. but in the forbidden fruit temptation/ proposal, it was no mention of being given all the kingdoms of the world.

The question im askin is specific to the same temptation Jesus faced - the temptation of being offered all the kingdoms of the world. My thing is if we can figure out who today has all thr kingdoms, then we can conclude who is doing the majority of the enemy work.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

You will be fine.....
    I see what u did there..Lol..but I rly dont think we can ever know. Unless someone come in here with some scripture that shows it.

i agree and assume by 'made a deal' u mean, 'ate of the forbidden fruit'...same deal proposed to Adam and Eve - eat and u will become like ? , knowing right from wrong. in a symbolic sense, we all ate from the forbidden fruit. but in the forbidden fruit temptation/ proposal, it was no mention of being given all the kingdoms of the world.

The question im askin is specific to the same temptation Jesus faced - the temptation of being offered all the kingdoms of the world. My thing is if we can figure out who today has all thr kingdoms, then we can conclude who is doing the majority of the enemy work.

Oh ok I get what your saying. Who do you have in mind?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Isn't Jesus the "king of kings" or, as DoYou puts it, the "king/ruler of the universe"?

If any of that were true, he'd be the true ruler of all kingdoms.. making him the culprit.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    ? is and will always be the Sovereign ruler of the universe. But ? also delegated man to have rule/dominion over the earth.

"And ? said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." Genesis 1:26

? in His sovereignty blessed man to rule. But because mankind rebelled against ? , by disobediance to His command, mankind lost rule/dominion over the earth. Mankinds rule was forfeited to satan and thus he became the ruler of this world.

That is why when Jesus Christ was tempted by the devil, satan offered him all the kingdoms of this world. Jesus Christ didn't object to satan actually having possession of the kingdoms of the world, because he did. He rejected the awful temptation of bowing down to the creature he created in order to gain back the kingdoms of this world. Hallelujah!

Thus, you have the story of the Bible. The redemption of fallen man by the precious blood of Jesus Christ and the coming eternal kingdom of the King of the universe, where all things will be made new! Praise ? forever and ever!
  • Bodhi
    Options
    So if jesus refused the offer to rule the kingdoms of the earth, he's not the king of the universe because the earth is a part of the universe. And he's not the king of kings because he doesn't rule all kingdoms.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    So if jesus refused the offer to rule the kingdoms of the earth, he's not the king of the universe because the earth is a part of the universe. And he's not the king of kings because he doesn't rule all kingdoms.

You are uninformed my friend. ? is still the sovereign, thus He rules over all. The kingdoms of this world was given to man, but was forfeited to Satan after the fall in the Garden. Thus Jesus Christ came into the world to reclaim what was rightfully His all along.

The serpent tempted Jesus to take back the kingdom by sinning. The serpent appealed to his humanity in that temptation. But because Jesus Christ is ? , it was impossible for Him to sin and thus bow down to the creature He created. Thus, Jesus Christ trampled upon the devil in His humiliation (the cross) and in His resurrection crushed the devils head by reclaiming the kingdom.

Therefore when Jesus Christ returns at the last trumpet blast this is what will happen:

"And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever." Revelation 11:15

Amen and Amen.

• Rock_Well
    Options

You will be fine.....

if I believed in the illuminati as described by today standards I would probably would say it them.
  • Rock_Well
    Options
    Isn't Jesus the "king of kings" or, as DoYou puts it, the "king/ruler of the universe"?

If any of that were true, he'd be the true ruler of all kingdoms.. making him the culprit.

u trying to say Jesus bowed down to Satan? Never saw that nowhere in scripture
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He is saying if Man or Satan are the rulers or kings of the planet earth than he is not the complete ruler of the universe. Basically.
  • Bodhi
    Options

You are uninformed my friend. ? is still the sovereign, thus He rules over all. The kingdoms of this world was given to man, but was forfeited to Satan after the fall in the Garden. Thus Jesus Christ came into the world to reclaim what was rightfully His all along.

The serpent tempted Jesus to take back the kingdom by sinning. The serpent appealed to his humanity in that temptation. But because Jesus Christ is ? , it was impossible for Him to sin and thus bow down to the creature He created. Thus, Jesus Christ trampled upon the devil in His humiliation (the cross) and in His resurrection crushed the devils head by reclaiming the kingdom.

Therefore when Jesus Christ returns at the last trumpet blast this is what will happen:

"And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever." Revelation 11:15

Amen and Amen.

Rightfully? How?

To my understanding, Adam handed over the world to Satan after he ate from the tree, this allowing sin into the world. It seems like that was a fair deal. Since Satan took over, the world no longer belonged to Adam or much less Jesus. Dying on the cross didn't give Jesus rule over the earth or else we wouldn't be living in "sin" today. Even the excerpt you've posted from the bible alludes to the idea that Jesus doesn't rule the earth. So that means he isn't the king of the universe.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

You will be fine.....

if I believed in the illuminati as described by today standards I would probably would say it them.

I see. they would definitely fit the bill.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Amen and Amen.

Rightfully? How?

To my understanding, Adam handed over the world to Satan after he ate from the tree, this allowing sin into the world. It seems like that was a fair deal. Since Satan took over, the world no longer belonged to Adam or much less Jesus. Dying on the cross didn't give Jesus rule over the earth or else we wouldn't be living in "sin" today. Even the excerpt you've posted from the bible alludes to the idea that Jesus doesn't rule the earth. So that means he isn't the king of the universe.

When you are sovereign, you have the final say so. Thus when we look at the scriptures we see that all of creation is subject to the LORD. In the book of Job, we see that Satan has to come before ? in order to get permission to do anything (read Job 1-2).

In the New Testament we get the same story. Jesus had this to say in regards to who is the Sovereign of the universe.

"And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:"
    Luke 22:31

Again we see that Satan has to go to ? in order to get permission to do anything. That means that ? is the Sovereign. He is the ruler of the universe and all things are subject to Him, even the devil in his rebellion.

Even though man lost dominion over the earth to Satan, doesn't mean that ? lost dominion over the creation He created. All things are working out according to Gods plan and purpose. He knows whats going to happen before it happens and all possible scenarios. Thus ? is the ruler, point blank period. Amen.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    If thats the case, Adam never REALLY ruled the earth and he never REALLY handed it over to Satan. Their "rule" doesnt really mean anything since ? is supposedly the supreme ruler. If everything goes according to his will, their say so or input is really insignificant; actually, they have none at all.

And if ? is the supreme ruler and in complete control and he is working things directly down to the minute detail, EVERYTHING that happens including molestation/? and murder are according to his plan.

This means that ? is not omnibenevolent. If Satan does evil things and he has to ask ? first before he can do these things, that obviously means that ? is allowing him to do evil when he has the option to just say "no, you can't do that. This is my kingdom; my universe.. and I rule here".
  • Rock_Well
    Options

He is saying if Man or Satan are the rulers or kings of the planet earth than he is not the complete ruler of the universe. Basically.

but that cant be considering that script about Jesus being given all authority in heaven and on earth...i can't post it right now maybe DoU can quote it
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

Do you even understand what you're saying?

So being Satan is the current ruler of Earth, Jesus can't rule the universe? Did he not prove His power over Satan by overcoming him when He came to Earth?

Have you ever heard of delegation of authority? It's how America is run.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If thats the case, Adam never REALLY ruled the earth and he never REALLY handed it over to Satan. Their "rule" doesnt really mean anything since ? is supposedly the supreme ruler. If everything goes according to his will, their say so or input is really insignificant; actually, they have none at all.

And if ? is the supreme ruler and in complete control and he is working things directly down to the minute detail, EVERYTHING that happens including molestation/? and murder are according to his plan.

This means that ? is not omnibenevolent. If Satan does evil things and he has to ask ? first before he can do these things, that obviously means that ? is allowing him to do evil when he has the option to just say "no, you can't do that. This is my kingdom; my universe.. and I rule here".

The Most High is holy and just. With you being a Daoist, I think you should be able to understand that in our carnal world, there has to be a balance of both precieved "good" and "bad". Now, the "bad" that is in the world is due to the original sins committed by Adam and Eve. Every human has to "Suffer" (which i'm sure you are familiar with) because we are the descendants of them. The curses place on man due to sin are genrerational as well due to the original instructions of the Most High. So every human is not "suffering" due to what they individually have done, but also what those who have come before them have.

The Most High allows things to happen to people based on reaped consequences. Any bad that befalls a human is the consequence of him judging actions performed by the individual themself or the foreparents. When he allows satan or demons to negativley impact anyones life, he is not the author of that evil.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Everything you stated is based on faulty assumptions my friend. Your again trying to place the blame on ? for the actions of sinful creatures. ? is not responsible for the actions His creatures commit. ? gave all of His creative intelligences free will. In doing so, ? has allowed His creatures to make their own decisions. But with every choice one makes, there are repercussions that follow (either good or bad).

You also have to understand that there is a great drama that is taking place, in which there are 2 opposite forces at work. ? in His sovereign will has allowed evil to come into His created universe, because of the free will He gave His creatures, in order that He will FOREVER demonstrate to all of His creation the consequences that naturally come from evil and rebellion. This brief period of time will stand as a ETERNAL witness that there is no good that comes from disobedience, rebellion, and sin. Thus, ? is letting this drama unfold so that at the end He will show to every being He ever created that LOVE always wins and that He is the one who was right all along. Hallelujah!

So you can either be enveloped by His everlasting love by accepting His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ or you can continue to reject His love, by denying the Lord Jesus Christ. In your free will you alone will bear the repercussions for whatever path you decide to take. ? has set before you life and death, He pleads with you to choose life today. Will you come to Him today?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

but that cant be considering that script about Jesus being given all authority in heaven and on earth...i can't post it right now maybe DoU can quote it

"Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me." Matthew 28:18
  • Rock_Well
    Options

I see what u mean, but nah I think the point is that Satan has limits imposed on him by ? . ? allowed him to take dominion over this world but uses what Satan does to accomplish ? will. I dont think that mean ? is a micro manager, He doesnt step in every little time we get out of line, but He does when He choose to. Thus Jesus still rules...from heaven
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ziryab wrote: »

Do you even understand what you're saying?

So being Satan is the current ruler of Earth, Jesus can't rule the universe? Did he not prove His power over Satan by overcoming him when He came to Earth?

Have you ever heard of delegation of authority? It's how America is run.

I just clarified his post nothing more, nothing less.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options

From what I understand...a deal is usually something in which two parties come to some agreement about something knowing in advance the terms associated with it. The "talking snake" episode was not one where Adam or Eve knew exactly what was at stake nor was Satan clear about what he wanted. In the desert episode, Satan made clear what he wanted from Jesus in exchange for what he had to offer.

I don't know if you have ever experienced this but...have you ever done a good deed that...somewhere down the road...produced a bad result? You go help somebody who is in need or something, but in turn it does something that brings more harm than expected. I say this to say...you will never know what the actions of man are truly meant for even through it may be good to do. But, ? supposedly knows.