Ny Post columnist Phil Mushnick rips Adrian Peterson’s character in possibly worst column ever...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2013/10/phil-mushnick-adrian-peterson-son-death
Here’s the title of the article Phil Mushnick wrote for the New York Post: Son’s death doesn’t make Adrian Peterson a great guy. I’m supposed to write something witty here, I know it. But seriously, f*ck Phil Muschnick. As a writer I encourage people to read more than just the headline to get the full story, but in this case, the title says it all.

"Thus it was unsurprising Peterson’s downside went ignored. In 2009, he was busted for driving 109 mph in a 55 mph zone. He dismissed that as no big deal, which was doubly disturbing — his older, full brother was killed by a reckless driver.

Last summer, Peterson was in a club when he and friends were informed that it was closing time, past 2 a.m. Apparently, Peterson and pals felt they would decide when it was time to close. The police report noted three cops were needed to subdue Peterson.
"

The club case Mushnick is referring to, is a nightclub incident that merited no charges after a grand jury listened to his side of the story for 25 minutes. Mushnick thinks it validates his anti-Peterson point to suggest he was ready to play too soon after the boy’s death:

"Me? I’d be fighting for breath, my knees weak with grief, demanding to know why, who, how. Then, I suspect, I’d seethe with rage, swearing retribution. I even think I’d take off a day or two from work. Maybe a week."

As if players haven’t declared millions of times that playing can help them cope from loss. How the camaraderie of teammates allows them to feel normal again.

"With his resources, how could Peterson, the NFL’s MVP, have allowed his son to remain in such an environment? Did he not know, or not care? Or not care to know? Or not know to care?

Peterson couldn’t have provided his son a better life, a longer life?"

Either Mushnick doesn’t understand how custody works or he doesn’t give a sh*t and is using whatever he can to run a man who just lost his son through the mud. The child’s mother has custody and she determines where the child goes.

"But given Peterson’s father did hard time for drug money laundering, and his half-brother was murdered, maybe we’re both stuck with the values in which we were born, raised."

What in the ever f*ck does this have to do with anything?

Here’s the conclusion:

"Maybe Peterson’s son is just one more stands-to-reason murder victim, just another child born to just another “baby mama,” one more kid who never had a shot, anyway. Maybe, by now, even if we can’t accept it, we can expect it."

By now you may have guessed it, but I’ll spell it out: Phil Mushnick is a racist.

He once said this about Stephen A. Smith: “Could it be that Smith’s urban street-hip brotha yak—which he seems able to turn on and off with the drop of a Kangol—is supposed to appeal / pander to young, urban, street-talkin’ sports fans?” and this about Jay Z as a Nets owner: “Why the Brooklyn Nets when they can be the New York N——s? The cheerleaders could be the Brooklyn B—-hes or Hoes. Team logo? A 9 mm with hollow-tip shell casings strewn beneath. Wanna be Jay-Z hip? Then go all the way!”

Two days after Adrian Peterson laid eyes on his son for the first time – in Intensive Care as the boy was fighting for his last breaths – Mushnick saw fit to write about how Peterson somehow contributed to his son’s death. How we shouldn’t feel bad for him because his dad went to jail and his half-brother died and he couldn’t control where the boy’s mother took him. Phil Mushnick is classless, racist and despicable.

I know it’s America so I’m supposed to support free speech and not call for his job. So I won’t.

I’ll just say, f*ck Phil Mushnick.

Comments

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crackers being crackers..moving along..
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This angle should have been anticipated, was predictable that some writer would take it considering the circumstances.

Unsurprisingly, it was this guy:

PhilMushnick%20003_0.jpg
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NYETOPn wrote: »
    This angle should have been anticipated, was predictable that some writer would take it considering the circumstances.

PhilMushnick%20003_0.jpg

damn. he's white as hell.
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at this guy and his reproval of "urban" and "hip hop" culture(s):
    "Why the Brooklyn Nets when they can be the New York N——s? The cheerleaders could be the Brooklyn B—-hes or Hoes. Team logo? A 9 mm with hollow-tip shell casings strewn beneath. Wanna be Jay-Z hip? Then go all the way!"
    -Phil Mushnick
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? does any of that have to do with losing a child though.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    i lose for reading this smfh. i thought it was some uncle tom ? doing this but it was just a cracca.
  • airspeeze23
    airspeeze23 Members Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    Options
    TBH...If AP aint have a legit relationship w that child, then we cant expect his world to go ? bonkers upside down over this tragedy. This journalist is corny AF for reaching @ trynna make a lame-ass point. ? has racial undertones all over the column.

RIP to lil man tho.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO, Phil Mushnick?!?! This bitter-ass cracka still breathing?! I remember he was like the biggest critic of WWF programming back in the 90s next to the Parent Television Council. Dude was salty bout Stone Cold's antics lol.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm only surprised when white people show the proper amount of respect
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mushnick wrote you that, so hopefully Whitlock won't have to go through that
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? phil mushnick, dude is speculating on ? that he has no earthly idea about.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TBH...If AP aint have a legit relationship w that child, then we cant expect his world to go ? bonkers upside down over this tragedy.

I have been wanting to say this from day one but I decided not to.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Im sure AD doesn't even fully know how to feel about any of it. Its nobody's place to judge him on how he acts because nobody has any ? clue whats going on inside his head except maybe those very close to him. Especially not some hack writer named phil mushnick
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People do know that this woman did not know who was this boys father was and just took a paternity test that proved AP was the father earlier this year?
    He needs a sprewell choke hold
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    NYETOPn wrote: »

PhilMushnick%20003_0.jpg

damn. he's white as hell.
    And looks like he says ? alot..
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good game ole miss. 3 INTs in the endzone. Killed us.

Back ups beat us. We deserved to catch a L
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adrian Peterson had 7 kids and now it's down to 6....
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't read. Bitter azzz columnist get put on ignore status
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nordic looking ? ...... err....
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adrian Peterson had 7 kids and now it's down to 6....

damn i sure hope it by the same women right?

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol Come on bruh. We talking about a professional athlete here. Even if he only got two kids, there's a good chance they both aren't by the same woman.