Maybe old but....Jim Cornette Blames Vine Russo For Owen Hart's Death

Options
themadlionsfan
themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    So did Piper during an infamous TNA promo in 2003..
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shawn dodged that Owen Hart bullet and Ken Shamrock on some matrix ? . It still amazes me how he managed to get around feuding with two of the guys Vince had pegged for main event runs in late 1997-early 1998.

Anyway I didn't know Owen's stunt was Russo's idea, I thought it was Vinnie Mac's. WWE doesn't even blame Russo for it, I guess they take responsibility because McMahon is the boss.

I do remember Owen refused the gimmick with Debra and he was punished by being made to so the Blue Blazer gimmick again.
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    I haven't heard this.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Shawn dodged that Owen Hart bullet and Ken Shamrock on some matrix ? . It still amazes me how he managed to get around feuding with two of the guys Vince had pegged for main event runs in late 1997-early 1998.

Anyway I didn't know Owen's stunt was Russo's idea, I thought it was Vinnie Mac's. WWE doesn't even blame Russo for it, I guess they take responsibility because McMahon is the boss.

I do remember Owen refused the gimmick with Debra and he was punished by being made to so the Blue Blazer gimmick again.
    I haven't heard this.

http://youtu.be/K72ve0_9ids

• DOPEdweebz
    Options
    I miss that TNA... :(
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I haven't heard this.

WOW....? .
    Smh Russo is an idiot, I don't think I've seen anyone except AE marks defend him, it seems nobody likes dude.

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I seen this earlier this yr
  • Ol' Fred
    Ol' Fred Members Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I haven't heard this.

ol' fred remembers dat ? ! classic TNA!

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I blame Vince. For two reasons.

1. Vince approves all ideas. So he could've easily vetoed it.

2. Vince wanted to punish Owen for refusing the love triangle angle with Debra and Jarrett.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its nobody's fault everyone was grown...Owen could've refused
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Its nobody's fault everyone was grown...Owen could've refused
    He's a wrestler who depended on WWE for a living. True he coulda went to WCW but contractually speaking he probably had to do what he had to do til his contract ran out b4 he did the jump. Also as rumors went he already was refusing to do other ? so not doing this woulda just made him look difficult.

Levels to this ? and he got kids and a wife to support on top of that. ? was about what he had to do for his family at the end, I'm sure.

Im sure most wrestlers didnt want to work without health insurance either but they did due to the circumstance of the business they're in and of their own personal lives.
  • Strictly Business UK
    Options
    I think if anyone is to blame it is the company that supplied the device Owen was attached to.
    I heard somewhere that a safety clip wasn't designed to take the weight of a human.
    Personally I wouldn't blame either of the Vinces, the technical side of if was out of their hands.
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP Owen Hart. Dude had mad potential. ? up situation all around.