Recovery or Distant Relatives?

2»

Comments

• JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Nas-XXL-Confused.jpg

SMH @ Nas not knowing what the hell hes talking about.

read Dr. Yosef Ben-Jochannan among other scholars who found that most major religions had connection to ancient Egyptian religions (the same religions which predate the three monotheistic religions).

Dr. Yosef Ben-Jochannan: The African Origins of the Major "Western Religions" is the book you're looking for BTW.

Hold on, wasn't the Garden of Eden in Ethiopia?

Nice try, try harder next time.

Edit: SMH for misquoting his lyrics in this post. Lightning Star or Lightning Storm? The CD lining has Lightning Storm written. I think he knows the cause of Earthquakes that why he said "IF" line.
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    read Dr. Yosef Ben-Jochannan among other scholars who found that most major religions had connection to ancient Egyptian religions (the same religions which predate the three monotheistic religions).

Dr. Yosef Ben-Jochannan: The African Origins of the Major "Western Religions" is the book you're looking for BTW.

Hold on, wasn't the Garden of Eden in Ethiopia?

Nice try, try harder next time.

I don't know Dr. Ben Jochannan's research into ancient Egypt, but I will add that Nas was referring to satellite signal triggering underground seismic weapons. It's a conspiracy theory but Nas is just asking if it's true, would we survive it? The attack on the verse about lightning stars is confusing because Nas was just being lyrical there, with a sort of poetic creation story.
  • JokerzWyld
    edited July 2010
    Skeratch wrote: »
    I don't know Dr. Ben Jochannan's research into ancient Egypt, but I will add that Nas was referring to satellite signal triggering underground seismic weapons. It's a conspiracy theory but Nas is just asking if it's true, would we survive it? The attack on the verse about lightning stars is confusing because Nas was just being lyrical there, with a sort of poetic creation story.

The lightning stars quote was misquoted, he said lightning storm. Whether Nas is right or wrong, is yet to be determined, however, he did get his rhymes from scholastic resources, so for people to say he's not factual only indicates there own ignorance. But i agree with what you are saying.
  • Skeratch
    edited July 2010
    The lightning stars quote was misquoted, he said lightning storm. Whether Nas is right or wrong, is yet to be determined, however, he did get his rhymes from scholastic resources, so for people to say he's not factual only indicates there own ignorance. But i agree with what you are saying.

Yeah, lightning star didn't sound right to me.
  • BloodRain555
    BloodRain555 Members Posts: 24
    edited July 2010
    Christianity has so many things inspired by the gods of Egypt... Just google it, it's very convincing.

Recovery was way better, but I always like Eminem's stuff more than Nas'. I even like the Relapse-style punchline-only songs.

However, Nas and Damian Marley made a great album. I don't really like the fact that Nas still brags about having guns. I mean.. most of his lyrics nowadays go beyond the "I'm gangsta, I got bling-blings and girls" stuff. Distant Relatives is a classic and so is Recovery. Hell, even Wayne got almost decent verses on both.
  • JokerzWyld
    edited July 2010
    Christianity has so many things inspired by the gods of Egypt... Just google it, it's very convincing.

Recovery was way better, but I always like Eminem's stuff more than Nas'. I even like the Relapse-style punchline-only songs.

However, Nas and Damian Marley made a great album. I don't really like the fact that Nas still brags about having guns. I mean.. most of his lyrics nowadays go beyond the "I'm gangsta, I got bling-blings and girls" stuff. Distant Relatives is a classic and so is Recovery. Hell, even Wayne got almost decent verses on both.

I respect this. Wayne did have a pretty surprising verse on "No Love."
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Recovery actually has me interested unlike Distant Relatives which bores me.I keep forgetting that I got it on my iPod.So Recovery is better because Em does what an MC is suppose to do.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited July 2010
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Nas-XXL-Confused.jpg

SMH @ Nas not knowing what the hell hes talking about.

HAHAHA did this idiot just say that Christianity came from Israel? Europeans brought Christianity with them when they came to America and forced the slaves to believe in Jesus.This is almost as dumb as when he said that evolution does not exist.Then I remember that Nas is a middle school drop out "and this is with whom you place your faith".I understand that you people like his music,but Nas is NOT the intellectual that you people make him out to be.
  • Skeratch
    edited July 2010
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    HAHAHA did this idiot just say that Christianity came from Israel? Europeans brought Christianity with them when they came to America and forced the slaves to believe in Jesus.This is almost as dumb as when he said that evolution does not exist.Then I remember that Nas is a middle school drop out "and this is with whom you place your faith".I understand that you people like his music,but Nas is NOT the intellectual that you people make him out to be.

Ummmm . . .
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Recovery actually has me interested unlike Distant Relatives which bores me.I keep forgetting that I got it on my iPod.So Recovery is better because Em does what an MC is suppose to do.

`spff ..
    This ? stay hatin on Nas.
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    copped both that moday recovery dropped. DR all day
    but both have stayed in the changer getting played constantly one after another
  • VulcanRaven
    edited July 2010
    `spff ..
    This ? stay hatin on Nas.

How am I hating when it's true that Nas bores me after Nastradomus? His albums are just on snore mode the past decade.Em brings more energy and conviction which keeps my attention.The problem is you Nas fans praise him like he MILK or Malcolm X.Sometimes I think you people want to have his baby.
  • therealist_
    edited July 2010
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    copped both that moday recovery dropped. DR all day
    but both have stayed in the changer getting played constantly one after another

O-H to the buckeye gang! lol
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Buckeyes all day
    Stolen land, Crazy state, OH10 home of the brave
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    i'm not a fan of Eminem's singing. And he sings on so many hooks on the album. WTP was ass. DR was good all the way through.

DR > Rec.

Exactly. Recovery has songs that I skip. That album is a little too long.
  • therealist_
    edited July 2010
    Em was better off rapping on drugs, and wearing doo rags .
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    DR is flawless

Recovery has ONE bad song, ONE, WTP

both great albums but I'll go DR by a hair.

Recovery is amazing
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited July 2010
    Recovery is to Eminem was in my Lifetime is to Jay-z take away one or two songs and it's a classic i do like DR a LITTLE more than recovery but not enough to really say one is better than the other to me I just find myself listening to DR all the way through more often than with Recovery