CREATE YOUR OWN LABEL TOURNAMENT ROUND 1: Winner: Skyline Records 4 - 0

Options

Comments

• TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @GovernmentCheese maybe you should give a brief explanation on what we got goin on in the OP so people dont just look at the thread and become confused. If you did that you could just paste it from thread to thread in every round.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe we should just have judges voting
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll be honest o don't listen to more than half of those artists...but I'm going to have to go with the 2nd since it had more of my fav artists on there...they both pretty good damn labels tho
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I wish ? would have followed this from the beginning. We all put in work, they'd look for all the small details like album titles, cohesivness of tracks with individual producers, covers, length.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dubbz tagged donkey posters to vote... Should've kept it in the reason

Donkey poster are dumb as ?
  • SuperSoaker
    Options
    ALLHIPHOP BREAKING NEWS: THE N.R.A SUES SKYLINE RECORDS; FILES CEASE AND DESIST LETTER TO END THE PRODUCTION OF RIHANNAS ALBUM “S.L.U.T”

In a move straight out of Cash Money Records playbook, the rap label Skyline records has been accused of stealing beats. Their target, super producer ‘Mike Will Made It,’ and the N.R.A. Exclusive documents obtained by ALLHIPHOP report that Rihanna’s album titled “S.L.U.T” features 12 production credits by the aforementioned producer. Yet statements by CEO @supersoaker report that no compensation for these beats were ever given to him or his label. The Cease and Desist letter orders for the immediate stoppage of production of the album “S.L.U.T.” CEO soakers full statement can be read below:

“These actions are dumbfounding, these are the kind of mishaps you would expect from bad label leaders like @menace. It’s strange because @Tonydubbz and I have worked closely together in the past. Our official records show that our labels traded a “Kanye West feature for a Kelly Rowland and a Rihanna feature.” In fact, in our meetings @Tonydubbz never expressed any interest for ‘Mike Will,” to see the track listing now is insane. Homie really tried to Suge knight me out of beats. I’m sure judge @governmentcheese will look over all the facts of this argument and come to the conclusion that Ri Ri’s new album should be DQ’ed.”
  • TonyDubbz
    edited October 2013
    Options
    OH HELL NAW, Sion got me those features @SuperSoaker

A deal was struck whenever Mike Will Made It was up under Sion Records umbrella. @Sion and I signed off on it at that time. What Mike Will Made It done before becoming a NRA producer should be of no concern to you @SuperSoaker
  • SuperSoaker
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »

@Sion ain't DJ Khaled in this ? . The N.R.A has full rights to anything Mike Will related, we going to be pressing Mike WIll drum kits soon. Past deals are irrelevant, I feel hoe'd out of beats. I would have most likely worked something out with you, but we were not contacted, PM, tagged, or even given a shout-out. The album "S.L.U.T" needs to be taken down. As CEO I work hard to make sure my producers are properly compensated, this kind of funny business cannot go unpunished.
  • TonyDubbz
    Options

A deal was struck whenever Mike Will Made It was up under Sion Records umbrella. @Sion and I signed off on it at that time. What Mike Will Made It done before becoming a NRA producer should be of no concern to you @SuperSoaker

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I vote for TonyDubbz.

future sales: TD has JayZ, Rihanna, and Outkast. Kanye is a big artist, but not big enough to outdo all 3 of them.

future critical acclaim: TD. JayZ and KRIT's album look tough. JayZ with NoID, lyrical sparring with Mos Def, Black Thought, 3k etc. KRIT with Pete Rock.. crazy! The joint album with Nas and JayZ is an automatic classic, even if it's not lol, and people love Outkast, so they'll get their props as well.

longevity: TD. The Nas and Jay album will literally live forever due to the status of the 2 artists.

album covers/tracklist: Tied. SS has a better, more thought out tracklist. TD's album covers are better overall.

roster/tracklist cohesion: TD. Both good, but I would give the nod to TD. As a fan of hip-hop I would love to hear Jay ft. Mos, Thought, 3k, 5 borough flow with Raekwon and them, NY ? with 50 etc. Also, KRIT ft. Outkast and vice versa.

Would also like to hear Renegade pt. 2, especially after Nas clowned Jay for the first one.
  • SuperSoaker
    Options

With this logic, I'd still be able to release a 50 Cent album. @Sion would be able to release exclusive Nas albums, @Menace would be able to release Eminem albums. This isn't how the industry works. Are lawyers are hard at work, we coming for you @TonyDubbz.

• TonyDubbz
    Options
    Also please note that Rihannas album ? was actually the first SkyLine Records album to be announced, therefore this album was already in production before the trade!

@Governmentcheese GET IN HERE, QUICK! THIS ? THROWIN ROCKS AT MY EMPIRE.
  • SuperSoaker
    Options
    Also please note that Rihannas album ? was actually the first SkyLine Records album to be announced, therefore this album was already in production before the trade!

@Governmentcheese GET IN HERE, QUICK! THIS ? THROWIN ROCKS AT MY EMPIRE.

Lol Well if that's the case I announced a 50 Cent album before my trade. So I would still like to release that album under the N.R.A umbrella. See how the doesn't work out??? Lolol
  • TonyDubbz
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I vote for TonyDubbz.

future sales: TD has JayZ, Rihanna, and Outkast. Kanye is a big artist, but not big enough to outdo all 3 of them.

future critical acclaim: TD. JayZ and KRIT's album look tough. JayZ with NoID, lyrical sparring with Mos Def, Black Thought, 3k etc. KRIT with Pete Rock.. crazy! The joint album with Nas and JayZ is an automatic classic, even if it's not lol, and people love Outkast, so they'll get their props as well.

longevity: TD. The Nas and Jay album will literally live forever due to the status of the 2 artists.

album covers/tracklist: Tied. SS has a better, more thought out tracklist. TD's album covers are better overall.

roster/tracklist cohesion: TD. Both good, but I would give the nod to TD. As a fan of hip-hop I would love to hear Jay ft. Mos, Thought, 3k, 5 borough flow with Raekwon and them, NY ? with 50 etc. Also, KRIT ft. Outkast and vice versa.

Would also like to hear Renegade pt. 2, especially after Nas clowned Jay for the first one.

Thanks for the honest votes @IAmNumberOne & @NothingButTheTruth its greatly appreciated

See that @SuperSoaker ..no mentions of Rihannas album this lets me know that in this situation the throne is still untouchable. As a matter of fact @GovernmentCheese if you feel the people over at NRA have a valid point then feel free to remove Rihannas "? " album from the stores immediately.. I can guarantee you that she will get her shine on in the future. I got some big things planned for my r&b artist..

#TheUntouchableEmpire #CannotBeTouched #ExceptMaybeBySionRecords #ButfuckIt #WeReadyThough #NoHardFeelings #JustAGame #AndWeStillWinnin #20Dollars #AllMine #INeedThat #AllOnes
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TonyDubbz
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I feel you @SuperSoaker I was confused as ? tho. Im sure I asked Cheese what we should do in that case but I dont think he got back to me, which is understandable hes a busy man. I should of went on and approved of it but I couldn't keep up with who got traded to what label but ? it if we gotta take that album out then we will Gov' gonna have to make final call & pull the plug on it though
  • SuperSoaker
    Options
    I feel you @SuperSoaker I was confused as ? tho. Im sure I asked Cheese what we should do in that case but I dont think he got back to me, which is understandable hes a busy man. I should of went on and approved of it but I couldn't keep up with who got traded to what label but ? it if we gotta take that album out then we will Gov' gonna have to make final call & pull the plug on it though

Lol whatever cheese decides I'm cool with TBH. I would be lying if I say I aint like looking at the ? cover.
  • TonyDubbz
    Options
    I just looked at it from another view also.

The Game drops an album on Interscope but has since then signed to Cash Money. Cash Money sues Interscope and demands that they pull Games album from the shelf because he not with Interscope anymore.

Is this really how the game works?
  • TonyDubbz
    Options
    Cheese just hit me up with his decision but i'll let him tell it.
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cheese just hit me up with his decision but i'll let him tell it.

@TonyDubbz Nah, your Rihanna album is cleared. It's all yours.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DUBBZ Won...

no one even gave soak props for his roster

your label is trash and you're pushing a beats cd which can be found at a compton swapmeet
  • SuperSoaker
    Options
    Lololol ? dubbz over there like "I know who I paid gawd, @sion light publishing."
  • TonyDubbz
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ion know how people not understanding or hatin on it after reading the op, but whatever, ill rather do something fun like this instead of talking ? about drake or jay all day
  • TonyDubbz
    Options
    Soo how many more community votes is needed before the judges are brought in?
This discussion has been closed.