5 Reasons to Love-Hate John Cena

jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
LOVE
#5: He's funny
One thing I appreciate about Cena is that he has a good sense of humor and if the material is right he can be funny (see: The roast he and King did on Vickie Guerrero or his trolling audiences about heel turns)

#4: He started from the bottom
Unlike some guys *coughRockcough coughOrtoncough* Cena spent a lot of time doing nothing until he found his rapper gimmick. You can find matches where Cena jobs to Billy Kidman (yeah that happened)

#3: He can really sell emotions
Cena and selling well are usually not said together (more on this later) but Cena occasionally does a really good job of looking ? off or portraying sadness when the time calls for it. Intensity is usually his better emotion.

#2: Every kid needs a hero
Most of us had Hulk Hogan, others had Sting or Bret Hart to look up to but these days it's Cena. WWE is a babyface heavy territory and they will always have a top face to push as a hero and honestly Cena was a good, safe choice.

#1: Epic work ethic
I mean Cena can really go when he needs to and where he has weaknesses he tries to fix them. We chant "You can't wrestle" he then tries to show he can. We chant "same ol ? " he mixes his repertoire up. He proved to me that he can work most match types well and can work with top tier guys effectively.
HATE
#5: He is a ?
He smiles at inappropriate times, seemingly doesn't care about being booed out of arenas and is prone to being condescending to others. (See: his 'who is this kid' /'this is it?' Comment about CM Punk or how he acts on Total divas)

#4: Agility Wanted
Only three wrestlers of his size have less agility than Cena: Lex Luger, Ultimate Warrior and Vince McMahon. The fact is one of those isn't even a real wrestler should tell you something. His movements are way too awkward and he makes wrestling look fake (that terrible top rope leg drop....)

#3: Cliche promos
80-90% of Cena's promos are predictable: cheap pop, "I love you guys", "you don't have to like me", "rise above hate" it's wack and boring as ? .

#2 Push killer
Your favorite up and coming guy has probably been fed to Cena at some point. This year he killed Mark Henry but his list of victims is a mile long. From Chris Masters and Nexus to Randy Orton and Batista he manages to not just win matches but make his opponents look significantly inferior in the process. That's bad for business.

#1: No Selling
Jesus would someone tell this ? to actually sell damage?!Especially post match damage..I mean after 30 minutes Cena looks like he just went jogging not like he was in the fight of his life. This is exceptionally frustrating in matches like Last man standing, cell and chamber matches that are supposed to be "dangerous" but they look like 10 minutes on the elliptical after Cena is in there.

Comments