Looking Back On "Malcolm X"...The Movie...

Options
A1000MILES
A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in Lights, Camera, Action!
...How do you feel about it?...And which Malcolm do you relate to most?...Pre-prison?....Super NOI?...Or post-pilgrammage?

...If this has to get moved to another forum, cool...

Comments

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good film, pre prison and post pilgrimmage is where its at imo
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT movie.

Love the scene when they had their formation outside of the hospital and wouldn't move until they were assured that the guy who got beat up was receiving treatment.

I identify with his post-pilgrimage phase.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After his return from mecca malcolm x did not want integration lets just make that ? clear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OdfyNIAlhc
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like people shouldn't be able to watch the movie if they don't read the book... or better yet, they shouldn't form an opinion on his life based off the movie
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Pre-pilgrimage, I think he was about telling the devil the truth to his face and had no problem questioning everything within society from the economic situation to the politics, yeah there were some aspects of it that were immature but he hadn't grown that much yet but at the same time how can you deny the intensity? How can you deny the conviction? That fire is what made him different from a lot of other leaders.

As far as the movie; it was GOAT. Did a good job of sticking to its source material and provided a fully human image of Malcolm as a MAN not just as a leader. Denzel should have gotten an oscar..

He still told the truth post pilgrimage, he just didn't stereotype all white people anymore

? realized that some ? were with the devil too
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not one person in this thread said anything about malcolm x wanting integration.Learn how to read u simpleton rastafag

I am not a rasta and i don't give a ? what other people said in this thread i did not quote anyone i simply made a statement. You ? welfare baby.

• goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ziryab wrote: »
    I feel like people shouldn't be able to watch the movie if they don't read the book... or better yet, they shouldn't form an opinion on his life based off the movie

I wouldn't say be allowed, but there's a lot in the book that isn't shown in the movie

A lot of people always talk about the Alex Haley Autobiography of Malcolm X.. Personally, I never read it.

BUT, I read another book & I think its more in depth being its a biography. Its better in my opinion.

2eceyde.jpg

57 chapters and 380 pages.. If you haven't already, I HIGHLY recommend you read this

I do need to read the autobiography though, there's no excuse lol

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Post pilgrimage.He was a mature open minded man who wanted to unify blaccs 1st and foremost and was willing to work with other races which wasn't the case before.His whole mentality changed compared to that noi hate ? he was spewing like a sheep

Then them hating ass ? merked him.Blacc on blacc crime been an epidemic for generations

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    The whole movie is legendary... It's a shame Spike didn't even get paid for the movie
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »

I wouldn't say be allowed, but there's a lot in the book that isn't shown in the movie

A lot of people always talk about the Alex Haley Autobiography of Malcolm X.. Personally, I never read it.

BUT, I read another book & I think its more in depth being its a biography. Its better in my opinion.

2eceyde.jpg

57 chapters and 380 pages.. If you haven't already, I HIGHLY recommend you read this

I do need to read the autobiography though, there's no excuse lol
    Imma check that out... Does that go over his whole life or just when he was in the spotlight? cuz his life story before that was real af lol
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Pre-pilgrimage, I think he was about telling the devil the truth to his face and had no problem questioning everything within society from the economic situation to the politics, yeah there were some aspects of it that were immature but he hadn't grown that much yet but at the same time how can you deny the intensity? How can you deny the conviction? That fire is what made him different from a lot of other leaders.

As far as the movie; it was GOAT. Did a good job of sticking to its source material and provided a fully human image of Malcolm as a MAN not just as a leader. Denzel should have gotten an oscar..

He still told the truth post pilgrimage, he just didn't stereotype all white people anymore

? realized that some ? were with the devil too

He believed that pre-pilgrimage too
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Post pilgrimage.He was a mature open minded man who wanted to unify blaccs 1st and foremost and was willing to work with other races which wasn't the case before.His whole mentality changed compared to that noi hate ? he was spewing like a sheep

Then them hating ass ? merked him.Blacc on blacc crime been an epidemic for generations

^^^^^this

Being a Muslim myself I relate to the post hajj more where he learned the basics of the religion and not that ? the NOI were teaching
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And where do y'all think this ranks far as Denzel roles...?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    The whole movie is legendary... It's a shame Spike didn't even get paid for the movie
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    And where do y'all think this ranks far as Denzel roles...?

Should've won the ? Oscar for that role, definitely put him in the A-list no doubt, but they gave it to Al Pacino, I think..industry politics is a ? .
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Post-pil Malcolm.
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wait what? Why was he not paid?