Options
king hassan
king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody messed with it yet. I keep seeing the commercial for it

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought about getting it, but it's one of those things that only works with certain apps. I don't get that. I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to just broadcast whatever is on the phone screen onto the tv screen. Why does it have to be compatible with individual apps?
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cool device but not enough support yet for me.

Got an Apple TV in the living room and roku in bedroom so don't need it anyways.
  • king hassan
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Cool device but not enough support yet for me.

Got an Apple TV in the living room and roku in bedroom so don't need it anyways.

I got a roku as well, and use Twonky to beam from my tablet. Gonna cop a Samsung smart tv and see if my Samsung tablet will connect to it.
  • Jao
    Jao Members Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i copped chromecast. ? is decent but what i dont like is that it ? up my wifi and it can't play youtube playlists, just one video at a time. wtf
  • king hassan
    Options
    Jao wrote: »
    i copped chromecast. ? is decent but what i dont like is that it ? up my wifi and it can't play youtube playlists, just one video at a time. wtf
    y
    That aint cool, I heqrd they tryna tweak it
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had it for like 3 months it's alright.

Once they le5 developers get their hands on it... It'll be dope
  • CJ
    Options
    It's open to developer now ? bout to be GOAT
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    ? is better with Windows than a lot of people believe. You can get the Googlecast extension for your Chrome browser and basically broadcast anything that you find on the net. That makes it a lot more versatile.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    ? is better with Windows than a lot of people believe. You can get the Googlecast extension for your Chrome browser and basically broadcast anything that you find on the net. That makes it a lot more versatile.

It has been able to do that since release bruh.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    It's open to developer now ? bout to be GOAT

? ? ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »

Where did I say it wasn't? Someone mentioned that it should get better now that they opened it up. I just pointed out that it's already pretty versatile now despite the app restrictions.
  • CJ
    Options
    Yeah been had that extension, it's laggy tho don't use it much.

Can't wait to see what developers do with it
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »

Where did I say it wasn't? Someone mentioned that it should get better now that they opened it up. I just pointed out that it's already pretty versatile now despite the app restrictions.

K
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Yeah been had that extension, it's laggy tho don't use it much.

Can't wait to see what developers do with it

Word... been waiting on this a while