THE DARK SIDE OF THE BIBLE- SATAN VS JEHOVAH (YOU JUDGE )

Rasta.
Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Ongoing discussion, culled from another forum i frequent....

How some people who believe in an infallible Bible can accept these verses as ? inspired, or morally uplifting goes to show the blinding nature of belief.

For if we believe these words as ? inspired, then the killing of children and the ? of wives commanded by Jehovah must also come as an inspiration from HIM.

Let's start with some atrocities that Jehovah and his followers/worshippers committed.Meanwhile we would like to see followers of Jehovah point out any atrocities committed by Satan.Yes point out the dark side of Satan if you dare find as many.

Infact ,after finishing through the list of atrocities ,you will have no doubt that, pound for pound, Jehovah wins the bad guy title hands down.

1 .? And Killing
"Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished(? )." (Isaiah 13:15-16)

2.Slay Old And Young
"And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and woman: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house." (Ezekiel 9:5-6)

Comment
These words, commanded by ? , orders the slaying of not only women and the old, but of little children. These accounts of cold-blooded massacres occurred simply because people refused to accept Yahweh.
These phrases should give warning to anyone who knows a person who believes every word in the Bible.

For what sense of moral reasoning should we allow ourselves to admire such Biblical verses? Come on guys what do you think?

3.Washing Feet In Blood
"The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance. He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked." (Psalms 58:10)

Comment
How many "good" Christians realize that such a verse appears in the Bible? Of course most preachers keep these bloodthirsty words away from their congregations, and the few Christians who do come across these verses, re-interpret them for their own purposes, not realizing the impact these words can have on others.
Unfortunately the few that take these verses as ? inspired can justify atrocities against anyone who they wish to define as "wicked."

Comments

• Rasta.
    4. ? Man, Woman, Infant
    "Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and buttocks." (I Samuel 15:2-3)

5.? All Unbelievers
    "And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your ? ..." (Deuteronomy 13: 5)

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy ? , or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;" (Deuteronomy 13: 6)

"Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely ? him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people." (Deuteronomy 13:8-9)

"Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword." (Deuteronomy 13:15)

It goes against the grain of common sense why Yahweh spared the lives of the gods who people are worshipping. Rather than killing the gods challenging him,Yahweh or Jehova goes for the soft target --He kills the worshippers,their babies and animals.

6.Slaughter Of Innocents
    "And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain." (Deuteronomy 2:34)

"And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Hesbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city. But all the cattle, and the spoil of the cities we took for a prey to ourselves." (Deuteronomy 3:6-7)

If any soldier harbours doubt about killing his fellow humans, he need only consult a military chaplain or read the Bible to calm their worries. Even George Bush (the First), with Billy Graham beside him, proclaimed the Gulf War as "moral." George Bush (the Second) continued in his father's steps by killing thousands of Iraqi civilians in the Iraqi war. Such moral wars result in thousands of "utterly destroyed" innocent men, women and children.;

(For a few more examples [but not all] see also Deuteronomy 3:3, 7:2, 20:16-17 , 25:19; Joshua 6:21, 8:26, 10-28-40; Numbers 31:17-18; I Samuel 15:3; Isaiah 13:16; and Hosea 13:16)

Be aware that if you raise these issues(the bible crimes) with any of the blind faith pastors or hard core Born Again preachers, they will feel uncomfortable, get upset and tell you that the Devil is controlling your mind--the devil has possessed you.And that you should not think or ask questions about these crimes.

They will invoke the curse of Yahweh to frighten you.Fearing mongering has kept truth seekers as meek as lamb.Religion controlls you best if they can do your reasoning and thinking for you--they have you exactly where they want you if you can't think for yourself (just as most of our Black brothers worshipping an ancient mythical Jewish ? are doing.)

And if you dare mention African traditional beliefs,they would cut you off and brand you as "Obosom worshipper'.

Lucifer is not a fan of worshipping deities,whether it's Obosom or Yahweh although I believe in a higher power. I just don't do worship period. Pastors and Preachers have used the name of Yahweh to dole out of me, 1/10th of my salary for soooo long.Now I know better..

Young,inexperienced and trying to fit in to the church going bandwagon due to social pressure from friends and relatives, (because that's the norm these days) these so called men of ? milked me well well.I was scared of jehova so I paid tithes and sunday collection amounting to thousands.The truth is that,Jehovah never get to spend my hard earned money.The preachers,pastors and their elders made a sucker out of Lucifer
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bible was full of genocide and murder and all types of ? that is considered unethical and immoral given command by YVWH, but a lot of christians don't look at this type of thing. Imagine them killing all of your children who never got a chance to live and your daughter's getting ? , this sounds like a war ? vs a good ? of light and hope. Why create us and never show yourself and expect people to worship you? Sounds quite silly.
  • Rasta.
    The bible was full of genocide and murder and all types of ? that is considered unethical and immoral given command by YVWH, but a lot of christians don't look at this type of thing. Imagine them killing all of your children who never got a chance to live and your daughter's getting ? , this sounds like a war ? vs a good ? of light and hope. Why create us and never show yourself and expect people to worship you? Sounds quite silly.

I'm just waiting on the ones who accept the Bible as the de facto word of yahweh to explain this to me. Not only is he a war mongrel ? but also a very jealous and contradictory ?
  • Rasta.
    (Isaiah 45:7, KJV) - "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Honestly what kind of pathetic attempt is this? Or as ? would say, "Who is this that darkens counsel By words without knowledge?" Job 38:2

There's absolutely no understanding behind this attempt to mock ? . Honestly I stopped reading after the first 2 attempts and shook my head @ this foolishness. A text without a context is a CON! You can't just take a verse out of a passage of scripture and expect to fool people into believing that your premise is correct.

I live in Isaiah 13! It's funny how that is the first verse you tried to use to make your senseless claim. The CONTEXT of the entire chapter is the judgment of BABYLON. Here let's have ? show you because He tells us just that in the first verse of the scripture!

"The oracle concerning Babylon which Isaiah the son of Amoz saw." Isaiah 13:1

It's not about "? and killing", ? is only describing what will happen when judgment comes upon Babylon. First and foremost you have to understand that there is a universal principal that governs all of life, it is called reaping and sowing.

"Do not be deceived: ? is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap."
    Galatians 6:7

This principal is unbreakable. If you plant corn, you'll get corn. Thus, ? is detailing the judgment that will come upon Babylon because that is what the Babylonians did (killed and ? ) when they not only destroyed the southern kingdom of Judah in 587 B.C., but when they destroyed and pillaged every conquered people group as they expanded their kingdom. Therefore what the Babylonians sowed, they will now reap when judgment comes upon them.

As for the passage in Ezekiel 9 this is a picture of what I said earlier. The universal principal of Galatians 6:7 always rules.

"Do not be deceived: ? is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap."
    Galatians 6:7

? even tells us why the judgment came if you would read the ENTIRE passage of scripture. There are only 11 verses in the chapter. I bet you didn't even read the chapter, not only in this case but in all the cases that you've erroneously listed. This is a fraud, intellectual dishonesty at it's worst. But before I rant let me finish rebuking this claim. In Ezekiel 9:8, Ezekiel is wondering why the slaughter is happening and thus he cries out to ? because he believes that the slaughter will ? every soul. And ? answers Him in the next 2 verses why the judgment is coming:

"He answered me, “The sin of the people of Israel and Judah is exceedingly great; the land is full of bloodshed and the city is full of injustice. They say, ‘The Lord has forsaken the land; the Lord does not see.’ So I will not look on them with pity or spare them, but I will bring down on their own heads what they have done.” Ezekiel 9:9-10

? has just said why the judgment has to come. It was because of the peoples own sins, thus ? is "bringing down on their own heads what they have done." Don't be deceived! ? is not mocked! What you sow, you will also reap! That principal can't be avoided! So to sit here and act like ? is just UNMERCILESSLY slaying people for no reason is an absolute farce! As a matter of fact, the mercy of ? is even contained in this passage of scripture because He spares those who have His mark from the judgment that is coming. You would have known that if you read all 11 verses of the chapter.

I pray for you Anansi. I pray that you will stop being intellectually dishonest. If your going to make arguments, at least demonstrate that you have put in the TIME and EFFORT to make a case for your claims. This list is so pathetic that it reeks of laziness, dishonesty, and ignorance. I pray for you Anansi. Your better than this. Your smarter than this. Your more honorable than this. Act like you have some sense my friend. May Jesus Christ open the blindness of your heart so that His light can ? all the crevices of darkness that are hidden in it. He loves you my friend and He wants to give you eternal life. Whatever "? " that your trying to paint in the above list is not a "? " I would want to worship and serve either. The ? of the Bible is vastly different than the "? " your putting forth. Hallelujah! I pray that you will become familiar with King Jesus! He loves you my friend. Open up your heart and receive His warmth in your soul. Will you come to Him today?

• Rasta.
    @DoUwant2go2Heaven Be it from Genesis chapter 1 to Malachi Chapter 4 or Mathew to Revelations, the bible reeks of a contradictory ? . Growing up, my favorite prophet was Elisha and as you wrote a thesis about the context of the scriptures, how about you explain this context for me..

Elisha Mocked
    23Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, "Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!" 24When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25He went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

So a prophet, a messenger of ? not only cursed children from mocking him but watched on as 2 bears tore up 42 kids?
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Anansi wrote: »

I'm just waiting on the ones who accept the Bible as the de facto word of yahweh to explain this to me. Not only is he a war mongrel ? but also a very jealous and contradictory ?

Ive been posting threads like this for the longest.
  • Rasta.
    beenwize wrote: »

Believers will have us believe the bible only contains truth and goodwill and thus debunk any assertions otherwise
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Yahweh is essentially the devil for creating the white races and introducing 'evil' to the world. 44000 years before the birth of Yahweh 'we' the black/African men women lived in 'perfect' bodies. We are the incarnation of '? '. When ? incarnated on Earth he took the color of blackness from the ether/space and made it his/her skin. This Earth was already preordained to introduce evil to the world. This is something '? ' has already yearned for. So 44000 years before the birth of Yahweh we/our descendants who lived in 'perfect' brilliant black bodies ( in 12 tribes all over the world ) began the process of degenerating our bodies so that these new evil races ( the white races including Asians, Arabs, Mongolians etc.. ) can 'rule' over us. And when Yahweh was born some 44000 years later about 6000 years ago in a small village somewhere on the African continent he along with is wife/soul mate began recruiting volunteers ( who would later be known as the Elohim ) to created this new race so that evil can be introduced to the world and finally give '? ' the experience that he always yearned for what's it's like to be imperfect. The Elders in Africa 'casted' Yahweh and the other 58000 volunteers ( the Elohim) out of 'heaven' and to an island off the coast of Greece called Patmos. They began the process of creating the white races which in total took about 600 years to do. About 200 years after the white races was created they began creating the 'ets/aliens extraterrestrials'. Everyone in the world agreed to take part in 'sin' after the white races was born to be a part of this experience. This - According to Black Roots Science. it's up to you if you wish to believe.
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    @DoUwant2go2Heaven Be it from Genesis chapter 1 to Malachi Chapter 4 or Mathew to Revelations, the bible reeks of a contradictory ? . Growing up, my favorite prophet was Elisha and as you wrote a thesis about the context of the scriptures, how about you explain this context for me..

Elisha Mocked
    23Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, "Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!" 24When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25He went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

So a prophet, a messenger of ? not only cursed children from mocking him but watched on as 2 bears tore up 42 kids?

You see this is why these kind of threads go nowhere. Only the unlearned are affected by this kind of antagonism. I couldn't help but notice that you used the King James Version for all of your illustrations until you get to this one about Elisha. Why is that?

.......I know why, because jumping from translation to translation helps you meet your deceptive agenda just like everyone else who uses the Bible in a way that it wasn't intended to be used.......the same thing that you're accusing others of.......ironic isn't it?

This is the passage about the bears in the KJV.......now peep the difference:

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them. 2 Kings 2:23-24

The underlined word there is "TARE" as in "the parable of the wheat and tares"

It is not synonymous with "tear" and never has been.
    "Tare" as a verb means to remove an undesirable element.......so essentially what the bears did in this passage was scare the children away.......and they got out of there quickly, no doubt.

All of the other translations embellish the sh*t out of this story in order to either decieve the masses or out of their own vain ignorance.

Tear as a verb appears in the old testament several times, and if that was the message to be conveyed in 2 Kings 2:24 it would have used THAT WORD! but it doesn't so you searched other thranslations to fit your agenda.

Try a little context and a little honesty and you might have an apt thread here,

.......otherwise you're just shooting rubber bullets.

PEACE
  • Rasta.
    ^^^ I only copied and pasted brethren. If you read the opening statement, you'd know that. Also the Elisha story is based on this video and i only quoted the first text from google.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iNoM14t-ZM&feature=player_detailpage

I have no agenda against christianity or the bible brah..if i knew anything about islam or quran, it'd be the same.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    I think @Anansi you are forgetting that the ? of israel is also a ? of war and the people of cannan deserved killing they practiced all manner of evil. Notice how softer ? was on the egyptians when compared to how he punished the the cannanities
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

Believers will have us believe the bible only contains truth and goodwill and thus debunk any assertions otherwise

not me i'll tell you right now that the ? i worship has no problem blasting people away from the earth once they cross a certain line. the whole bible is leading up to the destruction of this world the message is clear

? is not playing around ALL WHO DO EVIL WILL PAY. Think about it jesus was the perfect man yet he was still allowed to be tortured and nailed to a cross.
  • beenwize
    zombie wrote: »

not me i'll tell you right now that the ? i worship has no problem blasting people away from the earth once they cross a certain line. the whole bible is leading up to the destruction of this world the message is clear

? is not playing around ALL WHO DO EVIL WILL PAY. Think about it jesus was the perfect man yet he was still allowed to be tortured and nailed to a cross.

Lol.

• Rasta.

So for all have sinned and fall short off the glory of the lord i was told growing up. Kids who are birthed and don't survive life also are sinners or am i miscontruing the meaning of the text in the holy bible?
  • Rasta.
    I think @Anansi you are forgetting that the ? of israel is also a ? of war and the people of cannan deserved killing they practiced all manner of evil. Notice how softer ? was on the egyptians when compared to how he punished the the cannanities

But isn't he the same ? in the bible? The "let there be light" ? ? The "i'm the alpha and omega" ? ? Or there are two gods in the bible?
  • beenwize

But isn't he the same ? in the bible? The "let there be light" ? ? The "i'm the alpha and omega" ? ? Or there are two gods in the bible?

Based on my research it seems to be 2 gods in the Bible.
  • Rasta.
    edited October 2013

The house i was born into required that i read the bible, now obviously as a kid, i read it without thinking too much of it. I read it again and for the last time towards the latter part of my teen years and i equally came to that realization...the old testament exodus movement ? was a jealous, scornful, war mongrel and advocate of anything violent....the other ? comes in and says something along the lines of I am a merciful ? etc etc. Which ones are christians worshipping?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's Don't forget Yahweh's wife Asherah, smh people don't know history.
  • beenwize

The house i was born into required that i read the bible, now obviously as a kid, i read it without thinking too much of it. I read it again and for the last time towards the latter part of my teen years and i equally came to that realization...the new testament exodus movement ? was a jealous, scornful, war mongrel and advocate of anything violent....the other ? comes in and says something along the lines of I am a merciful ? etc etc. Which ones are christians worshipping?

Exactly. The Jehovah witness sect came into existence based on this same idea. They worship Jehovah based on Old Testament scripture thaţ states that Jehovah is the only ? . They do more study than modern Christians tho. Christians worship Jesus and Yahweh even tho Old Testaments states there is only Yahweh.

• Rasta.
    But didn't christ say I and my father are one meaning the ? of israel and himself are one? So what gives, to say that i'm a follower of yahweh but not christ?
  • beenwize
    But didn't christ say I and my father are one meaning the ? of israel and himself are one? So what gives, to say that i'm a follower of yahweh but not christ?

The question is what father was Jesus referring to? He never specifically memtions Yahweh by name. The ancient gnostic Christians from over 2,000 years agp believed that the father Jesus taught about was not the old testament Jehovah.
  • beenwize
    Gnostic Christians believed jehovah was an imposter ? that was against humanity. they believed Jesus came to expose who Yahweh really was. the gnostic christians were heavily persecuted by Rome. however, a few decades ago a lot of there gospels were found in Egypt.