Tim Burton and Michael Keaton reportedly in discussions for 'Beetlejuice' sequel

Options
MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in Lights, Camera, Action!
tumblr_lo2m91bo1v1qcj0s8o1_500.gif

Director Tim Burton may return to one of the characters that defined his early career: The Wrap and Schmoes Know are reporting that he is currently in negotiations to direct Beetlejuice 2. The 1988 original was a horror-comedy featuring Michael Keaton as a ghoul hired by a recently deceased couple (Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis) to rid their home of its new human inhabitants. According to the report, Keaton is also expected to return to play the titular character, working from a script by Seth Grahame-Smith (Dark Shadows).

Coming off 1985's ? -wee's Big Adventure, Beetlejuice allowed Burton to fully embrace his own spooky visual sensibilities — paving the way for his take on the Dark Knight in 1989's Batman. Despite the interest, it appears the new sequel likely won't be the next movie Burton makes, but it does outline a trend as the director has begun to return to some of his touchstone creative achievements in recent years. Last year's Frankeweenie was an animated feature version of the short film he made at the very start of his career — all the way back in 1984.

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/10/21/4863776/tim-burton-and-michael-keaton-reportedly-in-discussions-for-beetlejuice-2

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasnt crazy about the first one. I hate Tim Burton movies usually. ? Weirdo.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beetlejuice is that ?

Too original and creative
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, Beetlejuice was always Tim AND Keaton's GOAT flick to me. If you was born after 1980 its prolly what put you on to Harry Belafonte.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shake shake shake senora
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    beetlejuice was goat but im not really hyped about this because the last few burton movies werent really good
    alice in wonderland could/should have been dope
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No.

Burton fell off a long time ago.there used to be a time when i would look forward to his movies and then he kind of lost most of his inventiveness (aside from his animated stuff),and his reliance on Depp became ? creepy.

i hope its a return to form but you can't wait over 2 decades to make a sequel,that ? never works out.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I was younger I would have loved to see this, now meh...
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw a girl yesterday that reminded me of Michael Keaton.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The last live action Tim Burton movie I saw was Big Fish which was great. I skipped everything he did after that though cause I had no interest except Corpse Bride (which sucked) and I hear I didn't miss anything but Sweeney Todd anyway. With that said I'd watch a Beetlejuice 2.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    No.

Burton fell off a long time ago.there used to be a time when i would look forward to his movies and then he kind of lost most of his inventiveness (aside from his animated stuff),and his reliance on Depp became ? creepy.

i hope its a return to form but you can't wait over 2 decades to make a sequel,that ? never works out.

he gave us batman, a nightmare before Christmas, mars attacks , sleepy hollow, planet of the apes ,Charlie and the chocolate factory and Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter I might check it out. i never saw Edward scissor hands Sweeney todd or alice n wonderland though.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I always like them Tim movies the whole dark gothic look comedies
  • lazypakman
    edited October 2013
    Options
    No.

he gave us batman, a nightmare before Christmas, mars attacks , sleepy hollow, planet of the apes ,Charlie and the chocolate factory and Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter I might check it out. i never saw Edward scissor hands Sweeney todd or alice n wonderland though.

Planet of the apes was trash.that was his fall off point for me,i enjoyed Big Fish which i think came after but everything that proceeded that has been lackluster.he's a director who's style has outgrown him and it's almost become a parody.

I've heard Sweeney Todd is worth checking out but i ain't about singing musical numbers in movies.leave that ? to Bollywood.

check out Edward Scissorhands ,his most personal film and one of his best.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this was stand alone movie no sequel needed
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ain't about singing musical numbers in movies.leave that ? to Bollywood.

? The Nicholas Brothers, Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, and Michael ? Jackson would like to have a word w/ you....
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lazypakman
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    i ain't about singing musical numbers in movies.leave that ? to Bollywood.

? The Nicholas Brothers, Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, and Michael ? Jackson would like to have a word w/ you....

the ? for?i ain't knocking their hustle,all natural born entertainers,I even like the rat pack stuff but your talking about an era that's long gone.my beef is more with the theatre based stuff,which I never had an issue with until two separate events in the last decade made me adapt a ? you attitude towards musicals.

the first was when an ex dragged me along to watch hairspray,having to sit through John Travolta in a ? fat suit bellowing out a song every 5 mins was one of the most painful experiences I've had in a cinema.in a crowd that was predominantly female,that film made me seek out other men in there with me n/h on some consolidation headnod ? ,like "i got you bro,you don't have to go through this alone".when she wanted to watch it again,I told her my aids was acting up.she didn't get it.I realised we wernt destined to be together.

the second event is when I came home one evening to see my old man sitting there watching mama mia by himself.now I know pops was a disco head back in the day,if he used moms as a cover to watch it I would have let it slide,but moms was out of town,and there was no side ? hiding underneath the sofa,so this act of depravity was inexcusable to me.he was so gleeful in his enjoyment of the movie I lost whatever respect I had for the man on that day.the only other time I saw that look in his eyes is when I walked in on him watching a Jenna Jameson flick one time(thankfully before the blood had rushed to his head) but at least I got the hook up.

if you've been through what I've been through I think a dislike of musicals is warranted.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'd rather them do another batman.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    20 years too late.

they gonna ? it up with the special effects.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options