Options

Comments

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Better roster=lbex
    Better album covers=tied
    Future sales=lbex he has drake,cole,Alicia keys
    Mad has the youth but no one his roster can move 200k probably Game.

Mads label has a chance to last longer cause he has youth
    But so does lbex his label has artist who are still young and can sell records.

My vote goes to lbex

Mads label is dope tho
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean...It's just...? y'all be gettin these names from, cuh...?
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    And Ion see a poll, is it cause I'm mobile?...I'm goin with the Hoffa Hitta though...
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @A1000MILES

Thanks for coming through and dropping a vote, there's no poll. What is your reason for choosing Hoffa? Just need a little explanation to count it.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    The reason don't support ? lol

In the conference finals I think judges should just vote
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »

Our biggest flaw. I appreciate everybody who do, tho.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bet if it was sum nas ain't better then jay or something like that type of ? ? would be all up in here 10 pages deep....if it don't involve ? being able to criticize and hate on somebody they don't support it but this is pose to be a "hip-hop forum" smh
  • GovernmentCheese
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »

Looks like it's going to have to be that way
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    future sales: Ibex. He has Drake, Cole, and Lauryn.

future critical acclaim:
    Tied. MS has newer artists who seem to put art over sales, but Ibex has the long awaited Hill album. We all know Hill has the potential to make undeniable classics.

longevity:
    Ibex. Hill's classic potential and it's a given she'll have a couple of cuts that stand the test of time, Clipse will have a hood classic song or two, Drake with the pop legs, Pharell always makes noise with one of his singles, and Cole with the Kendrick diss if he handles business correctly lol. MS' artists aren't on a big enough platform to guarantee longevity, it's basically a big question mark with his situation.

album covers/tracklist: MS. Multiple dope covers vs. just good covers in Ibex's covers.

roster/tracklist cohesion: MS has a better tracklist. More creative and more thought out.

It's close, but I'm voting for MS.
  • daboyag1
    daboyag1 Members, Writer Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Future Sales = Aww man, I gotta go with Ibex on this one. Drake, Nicki, J Cole, Lauryn all gonna push about 300k or more first week. Then Alicia Keys, Pharrell both gonna sell well(No Alicia Keys album yet tho)

Future Critical Acclaim = This is a close one, I could see that Blu & 9th Wonder album being a classic! I would love for that to happen in reality. A$AP Rocky having Camron and Ma$e on his album on the same song? whew. Then Game having 50 and Banks on his album? amazing. Spitta with Mannie Fresh production. Then the Jhene Aiko and M.I.A. albums. But then you have a J. Cole album with potential classic written on it with the jay and nas track and the kendrick diss? whew. A new Lauryn Hill album? just releasing that album is gonna bring critical acclaim, not even mentioning the fact that Andre 3K is on it. A new Clipse album and a new Pharrell album. Then you have Nicki, Drake. I'm gonna have to give this one a tie. too close to call.

Longevity = I'm going to give Longevity to MadSirius, just off of the fact that these are new younger artists, alotta artists on Ibex's label are getting up in age I.E. Clipse, Pharrell, Alicia Keys, The Dream, Lauryn Hill, etc..

Album Covers/Tracklist = I like Ibex's covers better, and his tracklists are well put together.

Roster/Tracklist Cohesion = I think the roster for MadSirius's label is more cohesive, Alotta familiar artists that sound good with the producers there. plus Ibex has Pharrell and Will.I.Am on the same label(lol)

I realize that I have a tie, The tiebreaker is the future critical acclaim. I'm gonna edge it to Ibex. The Lauryn Hill and J. Cole albums give him the slight edge over MadSirius. Good job to both labels

My vote Goes to Ibex at Freak Hos And Flows.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Got damn AG came through lol
  • GovernmentCheese
    Options
    @Ibex with the 3-1 lead. Best of 5.

Thanks to all the voters.
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    I went with HH cause I liked the combination of artists and the cover arts more, lol...I ain't know bout the other criteria...
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    Aaaaahhhh...See, I skipped that ? in the beginning, and just went straight to the label info...
  • GovernmentCheese
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    I went with HH cause I liked the combination of artists and the cover arts more, lol...I ain't know bout the other criteria...

It's all good bro, imma count your vote now. Thanks.

@Ibex with the 3-2 lead.

Best of 5!

• Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This is a hell of a match up..I like the competition though
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Mad Sirius ? looks like a string of mixtapes and EPs, whereas Ibex got big names and big albums that I'm almost certain would be more anticipated (and sell better) than the Sirius roster. The covers look professional, the tracklists are well done. IMO it seems like Ibex ? would make a bigger impact on hip hop than what's presented by Sirius, especially since the artists he has are higher tiered.. The east/west thing doesn't seem like it would be much of a success and a lot of those artists like M.I.A., Game, and Curren$y wouldn't make much of a splash honestly.
  • GovernmentCheese
    Options
    @Oceanic thanks for the vote bro.

@Ibex wins the community vote 4-2 and gets a 1-0 headstart.

Community vote is over and only votes from judges will count now.

• GovernmentCheese
    Options
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My vote will be submitted this afternoon when I get off work.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    Future Sales: Freaks ? 's And Flows- Good Mix of Artist that are currently "selling" and have increased potential to sell and move records. Although the ceiling is pretty good for Hoffa Hitta Records, at this time Freaks ? 's and Flows takes this rather easily.

Future Critical Acclaim: Hoffa Hitta Records- In terms of youth and that ceiling that. I spoke of, considering what they have done with Albums and tracklistings. I expect them to hit that ceiling.

Longevity: Freaks ? 's And Flows- More Established Artists that have already proven they will be around for awhile. I can't go off potential alone.

Album Covers Tracklist: Freaks ? 's and Flows- Although I think Hoffa has a more fluid tracklistings that seems to melt together, Freaks ? 's and Flows Album Covers look more polished and that Quantum Leap cover is pure genius.

Roster Cohesion: Hoffa Hitta Records- I gave it to Hoffa off the strength of The TDE West Coast connect. This was close because FHF has a good mix of R&B that fits the rappers. Hoffa edges them though.

Because I had this so close. I added in a Bonus Round.

Label Logo: Hoffa Hitta- Logo is sick.

Winner: Hoffa Hitta Records.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Malice way of doing this is easier then the way I was doing it......

Future Sales: Freak ? 's and Flows. No denying this with Drake, Keys, Cole and Pharrell. They just appeal to the mainstream a bit more

Future Critical Acclaim: Hoffa Hitta Records. Love the potential on this roster, dont think most of them have hit their apex yet unlike the challenging squad.

Longevity: Freak ? 's and Flow's. Very diverse roster of semi legends and up and comers who have proved themselves. The challenging squad hasnt shown much to say so at this time

Album Covers: Edge to Freak ? 's and Flow's

Tracklist: Few things here......Not a fan of the compilation albums with the same tracks from other albums, dont see the point. PinkPrint? Zzzzz Outside of that I think both of you did a great job with the talent you had and not going too crazy with the features..

Push

Roster Cohesion: ? both of you for doing a great job LOL I cant pick

Push

My vote goes to @Ibex and Freak ? 's and Flow's just cause I have to pick one.

• GovernmentCheese
    Options
    Damn! This is a good match, props to the judges and voters for coming through in the clutch.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    Honestly this one is so.close it could go either way. They both did a great job and put a lot of thought into it. No half assing it. Salute.
This discussion has been closed.