white cars turning yellow

Options
naomi shambles
naomi shambles Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
I am interested in getting a white car. Sometimes I see white cars that have a yellowish tint to them. What causes this and how can prevent it from happening to my car? Thanks

Comments

• wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't think I've ever seen this happen, what brand car are you looking to get?
  • bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    prolong exposure to water damage i believe is usually the cause. these people leave they cars next to sprinkers and that untreated water just wreaks havoc on your paint. doesnt even need to be white for it to be noticed.

i see this a lot in florida, especially with old people who never move they cars.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wash that ? .....thats really it lol

im really tired of ridin white but it still looks good af at night for some reason *shrugs*
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my cousin drives a white '05 Accord that stays milky white cause he keeps it clean and gets that ? waxed twice a year .... right before summer and winter
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Ive had more issues with rust/paint cracking then "yellowing" with my white truck. Prolly things like bununs alias said tho, cant imagine this is a problem from just having a white vehicle.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo car is pissy
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    in the old days a red cars insurance was more because the paint would fade alot easier due to sun etc, you see old red cars looking pink!

but newer cars have alot better and high tech paint so there should be no issues, but if your thinking of getting an older car or a classic its defo worth looking into it...