The Wire (Revisted)

Options

Comments

• yung$
    yung$ Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? wasn't no gentleman he a crook that tried to make the rules as he went along and didn't care who he stepped up, hence when he got played he was tryna send slim Charles to ? clay Davis. He was ambitious and had a vision but he wasn't thinking about who he was using for a stepping stone. If Avon was out I think omar would've gotten killed and me lo wouldn't have risen.....
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What Show is better than this? Omar, McNutty, Mike, Bubbles are G.O.A.T. characters in TV history.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only cat I felt bad for was Broddie. Dude just seemed stuck. He wasn't trying to be king or anything. He was just trying to exist, and wasn't even allowed to do that in the end.

I also felt bad for Poot, Dukie and Randy.

• marc123
    Options
    What Show is better than this? Omar, McNutty, Mike, Bubbles are G.O.A.T. characters in TV history.

c/s

overall my favs were Bunk, Lester, Randy, Brodie and Clay Davis.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Poot? ? Poot, dude was a ? .

I felt bad for Randy, ? , Michael, and Bug. I wish Nayman got killed. Poot and Bodie still killed Wallace and I never forgave them for that. Bodie was atleast a real n eye gee gee aye, but Poot was a ? taker.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

I felt bad for Randy, ? , Michael, and Bug. I wish Nayman got killed. Poot and Bodie still killed Wallace and I never forgave them for that. Bodie was atleast a real n eye gee gee aye, but Poot was a ? taker.

Yea ? poot ..he left bodie on the corner by himself that's why dude snuck up on him and put two in his melon
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    Avon and stringers relationship reminds me of dame dash and jay-z relationship

Most people I know didn't like Stringer and called him a snake but he had Avon's back and never bounced on him. He made hard decisions for the greater good of there crew, even if they came off as ? up by many. I understood why he had D'Angelo killed. The guy was a major ? up and loose end who almost ratted everybody out before his mom got to him. He even shunned Avon while they were in jail together which would worry the hell outta anybody that has a lot to lose with him flippin.

Jay-Z dipped on Dame Dash while Stringer continuously tried to bring Avon with him but Avon wanted to be a gangsta and didn't feel he could be anything but that.
  • marc123
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Marlo was a fun character imo. dude gave zero ? . couple of my fav lines of top...

"price of the brick gone up." Then jus calmly walks out.
    "u want it one way, but its the other way "
    "100 grand for a whiff of that ? suck." lmao
    and when he told Prop Joe to jus close his eyes. that was ICE COLD
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every character in the wire was great. It was good to see prez find his true passion as a teacher
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Surprised nobody said anything bout brother muzone "spell check" real killer smooth as silk when he came in the scene
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gone have to watch this all over again, my boy use to have wire party's Monday night football, nights good times
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Yea mouzone was a cool character too bad he didn't have many scenes

When stringer was bout to get shot up and he knew mouzone and omar wasn't listenin to his lies ? was like

WELL GET ON WIT IT MUTHAFUCKAS!!

LOL
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »

Yea ? poot ..he left bodie on the corner by himself that's why dude snuck up on him and put two in his melon

Bodie one of my favorite characters in the wire but it was just his time.
    He wasn't gonna run, and like someone said all he wanted to do was just be allowed to hustle and live.

Bodie was the working man selling coffee at his family owned local deli, and marlo was ? Starbucks.

Destroying local businesses with no respect for tradition, the community or family.

Nice analogy.

Two things about earlier comments in here.

Why would anyone feel sorry for Poot? He got away. He's one of the few stories that might be considered successful.

How can anyone be surprised by how Naymund turned out? Sure, his dad is Weebay, but you can bet he wasn't raised like Weebay was.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why did you want Nayman to get killed?

I liked his story a lot because he was a typical child that was pushed into doing ? because of who his dad was. He was never built for that life but because his dad was Weebay and his mom was on some ? he constantly felt he had to act and be a certain way. His mom forced him to sell dope instead of her getting a damn job, for goodness sake!! LOL. The kid tried to act tough because his dad was tough

I liked the fact that Weebay wanted what was best for his son and gave permission for Bunny Colvin to adopt his kid and told his ole lady to let that boy go. Once Nayman got away from that ? and got with people who cared for him and wanted him to do good, he changed and got his ? together. Sometimes people need help to get where they need to go in life.

Didn't read ? .

It was so ? up how he used Michael to get the drugs back, Michael whoops ? Kenard, and Nayman says "I don't want it no more"

Then in the gym Nayman makes of fun of ? calling him a gump and got Michael kicked out of the gym when Nayman deserves to be slapped down. And cried like a little ? ? .
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Favorite Characters: Bodie, Avon, Michael, Chris

Least favorite characters: Ziggy, Herc, Namond
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Talk about ? ups! Ziggy was the king of ? ups
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why did you want Nayman to get killed?

I liked his story a lot because he was a typical child that was pushed into doing ? because of who his dad was. He was never built for that life but because his dad was Weebay and his mom was on some ? he constantly felt he had to act and be a certain way. His mom forced him to sell dope instead of her getting a damn job, for goodness sake!! LOL. The kid tried to act tough because his dad was tough

I liked the fact that Weebay wanted what was best for his son and gave permission for Bunny Colvin to adopt his kid and told his ole lady to let that boy go. Once Nayman got away from that ? and got with people who cared for him and wanted him to do good, he changed and got his ? together. Sometimes people need help to get where they need to go in life.

I would say naymond becomes like stringer bell, if the story continued. Like the end of his story you seen donut in the car, saying that his past is not far behind him.
  • marc123
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Yea mouzone was a cool character too bad he didn't have many scenes

yea forgot bout Mouzone. he was one my favs to.

I really wish Mouzone had a bigger role.