The Wire (Revisted)

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    freshb651 wrote: »

we've gone over this a bunch of times,Avon didn't have a choice,Mouzone was gonna cut off his NY supply not just

for dope but for muscle too,Avon clearly says how can we fix it and asks "how much",he was willing to pay for

String's ? up but Mouzone didn't want paper he wanted get back for being set-up. Annnnd at the time Avon was

at war with Marlo,so he would have had to deal with Marlo and Mouzone's people.

All you're doing is providing a justification. I'm sure Avon had a reason for betraying Stringer, that doesn't mean it wasn't a bad betrayal. Your girl might ? another dude. She's got reasons (e.g., he has more money, better sex, etc...) that might have made it seem like a worthwhile move for her to make. That doesn't mean you're going to feel any less betrayed when it happens. Again, Stringer was the worse person/friend, but Avon's betrayal was worse because it had the more dire consequences.
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Its a discussion because people like you are answering this question from a 9-5 John Q citizen point of view.

Avon and Stringer are street ? so they deal with ? from that point of view. From a street point of view snitching on your man or anybody period is the worst ? thing you can do. End of story.

A person who truly goes and lives by street codes knows that if you and your man are not seeing eye to eye. You either go your separate ways, work the ? out or start beefing and trying to ? one another. Whats never an option is snitching.

That line of thinking you on is just another reason the streets is so ? up the way they are now. Too many ? have actually accepted that there are reasons and justifications for snitching where there isn't.

Oh my bad King Gangsta, don't let me question your street authority. FOH lol

"Real Street ? " snitch every day B. There has never been a period in criminal history in the world where criminals weren't telling on each other to improve their own interests. Half the mob bosses, gangsters, street ? , etc... that people out there idolize snitched at some point. So stop it with that ? . Avon didn't go up to Stringer and tell him they were enemies and that it was on. He kicked it with him one last night and then set him up to be killed. The streets are ? because ? are stupid. The fact that you would come on here and try to act like there is any line of reasoning where snitching to the police is somehow worse than setting your man up to be killed proves it. Again, both are ? up, but only one allows your man to come back from it. Avon was doing just fine in prison even at the end of the series. We saw that. What was String looking like by the end of the series?

skeleton.jpg

But he was the worse of the two huh? Ok.

Pull your skirt down sweeheart.

The fact that you think a snitch is a "REAL" anything says everything I need to know.

Didn't even bother to waste my time reading the rest of the ? you posted after the bold.
    tumblr_myuixmRq401qler6uo1_400.gif

lol WTF? ? , did you not see the quotation marks in what you bolded? Nevermind, you just exposed yourself so there is no point trying to have a reasonable discussion with you.
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Some of you have a limited understand of Avon and Stringer...

Avon by all accounts was a bonafide "street ? ". He lived by rules of the game....point blank period.

On the other hand, Stringer Bell was more complex. As Stringer's story unfolded, it was shown that Stringer was not a "street ? ", but a business man whose business was in the streets. There is a huge difference between the two. Stringer's m.o. was maximizimg profits,while minimizing his loses so he could go legit. Stringer was never the killa type, but as a business man he put things in place to make ? happen whenever his progres was threatened. IMO, Avon knew that Stringer was never a street ? , but kept him around because he was smart. Avon played himself because when he got knocked he left Stringer in the position to call all the shots..so for Avon to turn his back on his brother for a connect was some hoe ? ...

I'm gonna leave you with Avon and Stinger's version of Nino and G Money...he could have killed Stringer himself and made a bigger statement to the connect that he's all in,but he lined his guy up because he knew it was wrong despite the ? Stringer had done
    http://youtu.be/91CpbRq9Tiw
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was never about a connect
  • MD_PROPER
    Options

It wsnt the whole reason but it was definitely a part of Avon's decision to let them hit Stringer
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    MD_PROPER wrote: »

Avon by all accounts was a bonafide "street ? ". He livedd by rules of the game....point blank period.

On the other hand, Stringer Bell was more complex. As Stringer's story unfolded, it was shown that Stringer was not a "street ? ", but a business man whose business was in the streets. There is a huge difference between the two. Stringer's m.o. was maximizimg profits,while minimizing his loses so he could go legit. Stringer was never the killa type, but as a business man he put things in place to make ? happen whenever his progres was threatened. IMO, Avon knew that Stringer was never a street ? , but kept him around because he was smart. Avon played himself because when he got knocked he left Stringer in the position to call all the ? ..so for Avon to turn his back on his brother for a connect was some hoe ? ...

I'm gonna leave you with Avon and Stinger's version of Nino and G Money...he could have killed Stringer himself and made a bigger statement to the connect that he's all in,but he lined his guy up because he knew it was wrong despite the ? Stringer had done

I don't think Avon knew Stringer's true colors before he got knocked. I mean he probably suspected Stringer wasn't the same as him, but Stringer probably truly didn't become who he was until he got the power.
  • MD_PROPER
    Options

Avon by all accounts was a bonafide "street ? ". He livedd by rules of the game....point blank period.

On the other hand, Stringer Bell was more complex. As Stringer's story unfolded, it was shown that Stringer was not a "street ? ", but a business man whose business was in the streets. There is a huge difference between the two. Stringer's m.o. was maximizimg profits,while minimizing his loses so he could go legit. Stringer was never the killa type, but as a business man he put things in place to make ? happen whenever his progres was threatened. IMO, Avon knew that Stringer was never a street ? , but kept him around because he was smart. Avon played himself because when he got knocked he left Stringer in the position to call all the ? ..so for Avon to turn his back on his brother for a connect was some hoe ? ...

I don't think Avon knew Stringer's true colors before he got knocked. I mean he probably suspected Stringer wasn't the same as him, but Stringer probably truly didn't become who he was until he got the power.

I agree with that....you can see this becoming clear to Avon once he got home

https://youtu.be/Kn76iJ0DOpI
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

It wsnt the whole reason but it was definitely a part of Avon's decision to let them hit Stringer

Naw man if anything they had already moved on to Prop Joe s package....plus a ? like Avon can always find a new connect
  • MD_PROPER
    edited October 2016
    Options

Naw man if anything they had already moved on to Prop Joe s package....plus a ? like Avon can always find a new connect

You right about them moving on, but Muzone basically told Avon he would be cut off in New York...this meant anything his business needed including drugs...Everybody know Avon wanted the crown alone, so that Prop Joe co-op wouldnt have lasted long had Avon been out longer....he never wanted them in is towers to begin with...https://youtu.be/WNEj2cMPTvQ
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Avon was loyal to the game/an honorable ?

String knew the game was ? and ain't give a ? about honor in that ?

"It's games beyond the games"

String was a better version of Ghost. String could be a slimy ? ..favorite character though...respect his ambition, ruthlessness at times

DeAngelo was probably good when they finally pulled the trigger on him...seemed like he was finally willing to be a man about it, just too late.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I would have liked to see a back story about how Avon and stringer came to power
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

You right about them moving on, but Muzone basically told Avon he would be cut off in New York...this meant anything his business needed including drugs...Everybody know Avon wanted the crown alone, so that Prop Joe co-op wouldnt have lasted long had Avon been out longer....he never wanted them in is towers to begin with...https://youtu.be/WNEj2cMPTvQ

Now u getting it....it wasn't bout no drugs or nothing...Muzone was telling Avon if he didn't fix this ? , his name/reputation d be dead in the streets.....it's a parralel to Marlo s my name is my name scene
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Avon by all accounts was a bonafide "street ? ". He lived by rules of the game....point blank period.

On the other hand, Stringer Bell was more complex. As Stringer's story unfolded, it was shown that Stringer was not a "street ? ", but a business man whose business was in the streets. There is a huge difference between the two. Stringer's m.o. was maximizimg profits,while minimizing his loses so he could go legit. Stringer was never the killa type, but as a business man he put things in place to make ? happen whenever his progres was threatened. IMO, Avon knew that Stringer was never a street ? , but kept him around because he was smart. Avon played himself because when he got knocked he left Stringer in the position to call all the shots..so for Avon to turn his back on his brother for a connect was some hoe ? ...

nah bruh...

stringer was a street business dude....not a man regular business dude..

thats the difference

its like a street level drug dealer and a pharma sales rep ...they are both the same but one knows who he is and the other thinks he does. string was a street level drug dealer thinking he was trapped an should be a pharma sales rep
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally finished the series with my late ass
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Rawls,was a DL ? got he was,that ? bar but they never expanded on it

I didn't get that either, I think they did that tho just to show he's a cowardly person.

nah...they did it to point out the obvious contradiction and overcompensating he had been doing the entire series with making homophobic slurs and references when he would talk to McNulty

come to find out, he is the one who likes men all along

but he has to ? bash to take attention/suspicion away from himself.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just noticed mcnulty's the traitor in 300. Ain't he tried to ? that ? ? Lol
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    "Let's walk
    What's the rule?"

"I know the rule"

"Say it"

"Don't talk in the car
    Or on the phone, or in any place that ain't ours
    and don't say ? to anybody who ain't us
    But it was just you, yo
    It's your ? ' truck
    Don't talk in the car

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    on my 4th viewing of this show

just finished second season

i said this on another site, but if you view season 2 as the glue to the series instead of looking at it from the lack of the barksdale angle, this season is a pretty damn good one
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

i said this on another site, but if you view season 2 as the glue to the series instead of looking at it from the lack of the barksdale angle, this season is a pretty damn good one

It's Immobilarity angle. When the first one was an instant classic and you depart from the formula of the first one, people aren't even going to give it a chance at first. It'll take a while before anyone gives it a fair chance.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I appreciated season 2 because of what it did to influence season 3 and 4
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I be trying to tell folks this all the time.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »

I be trying to tell folks this all the time.

Word. Season 2 is legit the most important season of the show. If you want to consider it 'boring' because there wasn't a bunch of street ? trying to ? each other episode...I guess. ? was pretty interesting to me.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    I appreciated season 2 because of what it did to influence season 3 and 4

facts season 2 is so dope to me
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    9TRAY wrote: »
    rk5z46bs22yh.jpg

? stayed on point

Slim Charles was a real one. He always played his part.