Sessler worried about PS4

Options
BlackxChild
BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Sessler is on point with this... all that focus on the gamer talk.. with that weak ass launch line up.. if i had not paid for mine i would not even bother until next year. How do these reviewers not have their hands on the hardware yet is crazy...
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not getting much from that past there'll be a day 1 update and some guy mad(?) about not getting a console until the release week.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @loniousmonk get ur ass in here.. u got some splainin to do.. this is the same ? @Karl. And @focus were talking about.. they are being too quiet too close to launch
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So this basically boils down to, "they're not showing us the goods so we can do our job, so something must be wrong with it."
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    I just watched KZ game play smh
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eh I'm waiting till the price drops. Only thing I will be getting it for is MGS5 since I think it will be porting to it anyways. Not too big on console games anymore anyways.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The truth is it seems like Microsofts xbox is going to be far worse 2357886-9910442842-dNMTw.png

Integrating new technology like cloud services is going to ? Microsoft.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Wow. So only a handful of select journalist get to go hands on with a PS4 just 3 days before launch at a controlled, supervised "review event" hosted by Sony, with an embargo on what they see and play that last until after the console launches, based on the select features of the console that Sony is willing to allow them to use. I guess they have something to hide?

M$ been touring the XBOX One all around the world for weeks, doing drive by's and having parties with the system for anyone who wants to play, and it comes out a week later. I wonder what gives?

Sony better say "gamer" a few more times to distract from this again.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    @loniousmonk get ur ass in here.. u got some splainin to do.. this is the same ? @Karl. And @focus were talking about.. they are being too quiet too close to launch

What am I supposed to explain? Again, I'm not even getting a PS4 at launch because of stuff like this. I know ya'll associate me with focus because we argue a lot, but I'm not his antithesis. I plan on getting a PS4, but at no point have I ever said that they or Sony are perfect.

Besides, this dude is ranting and raving because he's not being given early access to the PS4 for reviews. That might be indicative of a problem. It might not. It's definitely not a new thing that's for sure.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Embargos are usually bad news, if your hardware is great you would want to get the word out not suppress it.

I'm going to cancel my amazon preorder and get it later. Don't want to be a beta tester.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    M$ lead product planner tweeted today that the press already have XBOX Ones. I can see why Adam Sessler would be rating and raving now about not having the PS4...its not really about early access apparently, its very late access. Seems indicative of a problem for PS4.

Nick Graham ‏@nickgraham1986 3h
    @albertpenello So Albert everything in Xbox Camp is all well? Any other announcements before the system launches?

Albert Penello ‏@albertpenello 3h
    @nickgraham1986 Everyone is working really hard. Next stop is hands-on, which is happening with press right now.

11:29 AM - 28 Oct 13 · Details

https://twitter.com/albertpenello
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    y'all acting like reviewers haven't always had soem sort of early access to the hardware... why the change now?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    You dudes are assuming a lot from one guy whining on Twitter. It's one thing to suggest that maybe the unavailability of the PS4 is due to some unannounced problem. It's another thing totally to take complaints from one guy and conclude that something is amiss. Again, this is not the first time in gaming that a highly anticipated product was withheld longer than the norm.

Also, I'll point out that the PS4 is already on display in Sony stores and other select retailers. So if you've got one close to you, you can go play and demo the thing for yourself. If there really was a ? embargo in effect, they wouldn't do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOqXdrd-J_A
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sessler is a Microsoft fanboy, so this is expected.
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    you couldn't be more wrong bruh dude is one of the most unbiased reviewers out there if anything he is pro indie
  • CraigMakaveli
    CraigMakaveli Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sessler was G4. Dianne Mizoda and Oliva Were to bad.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you couldn't be more wrong bruh dude is one of the most unbiased reviewers out there if anything he is pro indie

cs came in here just to say i use to watch xplay cuz of his point of view, his reviews are down to earth not like other sites and reviewers who nitpick and lower a score over nothing
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    ? who buy ? day 1, Xbox or PS4 are dumb as ? .
    Ol' beta testing ass ? .
    Yall ? really gonna buy that ? after you read the list of launch titles.

cmon-son-20.jpg
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ol' beta testing ass ? .

cmon-son-20.jpg
    Ol' beta testing ass ? .

cmon-son-20.jpg

Why are you acting like new games arent going to be made?
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    Oh so do you wait a year to buy games because most are broken on release day .... im good with waiting a year to own a console.. ? its only $500 bucks thats like 2 days worth of work lol
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Ol' beta testing ass ? .

cmon-son-20.jpg
    Ol' beta testing ass ? .

cmon-son-20.jpg

Why are you acting like new games arent going to be made?

So you're alright with beta testing until the good ? comes out?

It's must also be alright if you go out to eat at a restaurant, and they give you a cold ass plate of food and point you to a microwave.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh so do you wait a year to buy games because most are broken on release day .... im good with waiting a year to own a console.. ? its only $500 bucks thats like 2 days worth of work lol

Buy me one, rich guy
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    im not rich b i just work hard to be able to afford what i like.