Characters you think that need to die or be repackaged/rebooted

Options
ShencotheMC
ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
In my personal opinion, Marvel needs to ? off Cyclops, Wolverine, and Cap for like a good year just so other characters can get some shine.

Hope has become useless after AvX so try to repackage her. Rogue ain't doing ? either so she needs to be rebooted. Storm needs a reboot. Beast needs to die just for all the ? with the time-space continuum he does. They need to bring back the original Warren Worthington, Dr Nemesis needs to take a dirt nap. Kitty Pryde needs to be repackaged or rebooted as well.

As far as DC, I can't really tell you because they just rebooted everyone with New 52. Anyways yea...input?

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Panther needs that Reboot ASAP. I like him leading the team in new avengers but he needs a solo title again.

? this Doc Ock spiderman, would have been cooler if Scarlet Spider was "Superior Spiderman" imo.

Deathstroke needs a new writer and to be rebooted. His New 52 book was good up until issue 6 if i remember correctly, then it just got boring. Even with Lobo. Or the fake Lobo.

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Marvel needs to make it clear the differences between character power-sets...every character can't be ? a psionic, energy absorbing, reality warper...that's ? ...top tier guys like Thor, Surfer, and above can have hella powers but others having all them powers is ? .

All the time traveling cable does is annoying for me, Nate Grey and Cable need a re-boot...Franklin Richards has been one of the best written characters in the history of comic books, I think he needs a re-boot. They need to bring back Hyperstorm

Adam Warlock needs to return in the worst way. A new in carnation of Warlock as the cosmic messiah, like in the 90's that would be preferred.

A non pacifist Manhunter in DC would be much appreciated, let him BREAK ?
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cap died a few years ago and Wolverine is supposed to die soon if it hasn't already happened in that BoTA. I'd like to see Kasper Cole get some shine. I don't know where Patriot is, but he can be used as well.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    Cap died a few years ago and Wolverine is supposed to die soon if it hasn't already happened in that BoTA. I'd like to see Kasper Cole get some shine. I don't know where Patriot is, but he can be used as well.

Word, I've never seen White Tiger get any shine and I hope when they make the BP movie that he gets a mention. I'm tired of all the black superheroes being darkskinned, why can't they have a lightskin superhero besides Jim Rhodes?
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

It hasn't been confirmed, but it looks like Wolverine died at the end of the most recent Uncanny Avengers issue...which is odd. I thought the Apocalypse Twins storyline was supposed to have occurred prior to BOTA.

Anyway, y'all know there's no way in Hell that he stays dead.

I wish they'd bring back Captain Mar-Vell. ? been dead since the late 70s.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spawn needs a reboot
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    Spawn needs a reboot

This
  • jaxn
    Options

It hasn't been confirmed, but it looks like Wolverine died at the end of the most recent Uncanny Avengers issue...which is odd. I thought the Apocalypse Twins storyline was supposed to have occurred prior to BOTA.

It is amazing they haven't brought him back yet except during that Cancerverse arc. I guess his death was so important at the time they never want to bring him back.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »

I think Superior Spiderman is great book tbh

Me too. There are only like 3 Marvel titles that I actually follow and this is one of them. Slott's Spidey run in general has been the best the character has seen in over a decade.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It is amazing they haven't brought him back yet except during that Cancerverse arc. I guess his death was so important at the time they never want to bring him back.

I hated how they used him during AvX. His semi-ressurection made no sense at all.

I swear, if anyone used to rumble Thanos on an even level, it was him.

He's one of the few characters that even in death, Thanos showed mad respect.
  • SiccoLoccJay
    SiccoLoccJay Members Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why the ? do they ? ? just to bring them back. It would be more realistic if they stayed dead.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why the ? do they ? ? just to bring them back. It would be more realistic if they stayed dead.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• SiccoLoccJay
    SiccoLoccJay Members Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Smh at cashing out on flash and green lanterns deaths n vain
  • jaxn
    Options

I hated how they used him during AvX. His semi-ressurection made no sense at all.

I swear, if anyone used to rumble Thanos on an even level, it was him.

He's one of the few characters that even in death, Thanos showed mad respect.

yep. I'd even like if they brought his son back. His comeback is way overdue
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    Damian Wayne needs to be brought back at some point.

Sidenote: This was dope
    Damian_-_Son_of_Batman_Vol_1-1_Cover-2.jpg
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ^ No accounting for taste. The only good thing in that book was most of the art. Kubert is a terrible writer and that book had some of the ? dialogue in recent memory. Anybody expecting to read the Damian that was fleshed out in Morrison's run and even Tomasi's work will be disappointed.

This is a Damian who didn't meet his father again until after he blew up in Batman & Son as opposed to after he was pacified a bit by partnering with ? Grayson. So he's an obnoxious one dimensional little imp just like in that first arc he appeared in.

Glad I didn't spend money on it. DC's habit of allowing artists to write continues to be hit and miss. Batwoman and The Flash were ok but books like this and Finch's The Dark Knight issues aren't even at least mediocre.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Flash-No one gives a ? about Barry Allen and the big selling point behind the Flash for ? 20 years was the legacy aspect of the character.

Jason Todd and The Outlaws.-Great concept that i'm pretty sure DC stole from me lol But I think it could be a bigger book. Take Lobdell off of the book, replace with a more capable writer (greg rucka maybe?).

Batgirl-DC let Didio/Johns utter love fest for the Bronze age ? up a good thing with Stephanie Brown. Batgirl is an utter regression for Barbara Gordon and while Gail Simone is stinking up the joint, I dont think anyone else could do an interesting barbara gordon. If they insist on using her, move her out of Gotham to start with and stop ? referencing the ? killing joke every other issue.

The Superfamily-I ? hate this heavy focus on Krypton. Its so boring. Remove that ? . Kon-El in particular is a shell of his former self.

The Legion-It amazes me that DC let all of Geoff Johns's hardwork rebooting the LoSH and reinserting them into the DCU thru Superman go to waste. The Legion has potential to be a standalone franchise, without having to ? the Superman mythos to be relevant.

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damian was so off in that book. why couldnt morrison, tomasi or hell, even paul dini have written him?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they shoulda never got rid of wally west......

? is wrong with them.....

wally west aspirations to living up to the legend of barry allen is part of what made him so awesome...

it's one thing to be a super hero, it's a whole nother dynamic to have to be a super hero while maintaing the reputation of the one who proceeded you
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need to bring back Darwin. Give black people a powerful character besides Blue Marvel. Darwin was that ? . Make a Darwin, Blue Marvel and Monica Rambeau comic and just make it 10 books where they just wipe everyone out and go on their own way.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    I thought it was dope. It seemed basically like a story that happened before Bruce cold really instill the values in Damian because I did not like that ? with ? and when he started with Bruce, but towards the end Damian was my ? .