Digital or discs what are you buying for next gen???

Options
2»

Comments

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    @focus yo is BF4 coming to xbox market place ? i'm new to buying games lol

On X1, yea, on release day. All X1 games will be. Not on 360 tho. Hopefully going forward after launch all games will be available digitally at midnight, but they haven't committed to that.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/7/4405786/xbox-one-games-digital-release-xbox-live
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @focus but not 360 damn how long does it normally take i dont want to buy a disc
  • focus
    edited October 2013
    Options
    @focus but not 360 damn how long does it normally take i dont want to buy a disc

Just depends on the publisher I think. Some are quicker than others. The most recent example of a "big game" to use would be GTA 5 I guess. It was released to retail on 9/17 and then on the XBOX Marketplace a month later on 10/18.

You really buying Battlefield 4 on 360?
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i was gonna and do the upgrade but man im bout to just burn this ? and buy it digital later... figured wither way i gotta pay
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »

You'll still need the disk to play the game right?

What disk? It would be digital.

You said disks still require an install and I said you'll still need a disk to play the game.
  • focus
    Options

You'll still need the disk to play the game right?

What disk? It would be digital.

You said disks still require an install and I said you'll still need a disk to play the game.

Oh ok, misunderstood. Yea, if you are not going digital, then you will be required to use hard drive space to install every game and also still be required to have the disk in the tray to play the game.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked collecting until I realised the sheer amount of space all my media takes up.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options

Just depends on the publisher I think. Some are quicker than others. The most recent example of a "big game" to use would be GTA 5 I guess. It was released to retail on 9/17 and then on the XBOX Marketplace a month later on 10/18.

I don't expect that much of a gap next Gen. Every big game is available Day 1 Digitally on PS3 already. Should be the norm across all consoles next gen.
  • focus
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

I don't expect that much of a gap next Gen. Every big game is available Day Digitally on PS3 already. Should be the norm across all consoles next gen.

Thats what I said.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u know what i always wanted to have the disc but with the damn near 30 games that will end up like encyclopedia britannicas im not so sure 500gb should hold it down but it will be too weird not to have disc ... i think sports games as digitals will be what i do initially