edited October 2013
    Options
    Judges:
    @icecoldstew
    @Peezy_Jenkins
    @SuperSoaker
    @Missk
    @Michael_Malice

The community vote is over so ya'll can vote now. Just keeping ya'll updated with things. @Sion is leading 1 - 0 Best of 7.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    future sales-Sion. Em sales period.
    future critical acclaim-Once again Sion. All that talent under one roof
    future longevity-Sion will be around forever.
    album covers/track/list-Sion. Look at tracklist ? amazing
    label cohesion/tracklist-Very well organized

LOL I give up.
    Let's get these judged in here...
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @sion

Thats a hell of a production.
    Its very deep, has variety but not as an attempt to chase the consummer.

It targets on and only main ideal :

HIP HOP

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @sion

Thats a hell of a production.
    Its very deep, has variety but not as an attempt to chase the consummer.

It targets on and only main ideal :

HIP HOP

• SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Future Sales; I'm going with Sion on this one but its way closer than everyone is making it so far. Y'all act like berg ain't got Prince?! Outside of eminem none of sion artist sell no more. Berg are more consitent its just that Em factor is Too much.

Future Critical accliam; Berg has this one. Most of sions peoples make worldwide music but Berg has the more artsy ? critics love. Lupe, baduh, and the weekend. Also at the point I'm their careers that TI and jeezy album going to be better than fifs.

Longeitvy; tie sion has the old guns already but just because bergs are new blood doesn't mean they won't last long. Jeezy and Ti shelf life lasted longer than fifs. Also I feel like berg artists put in more work to stay relevant. Tyler has his niche fan base, fab is like the broke man's Jayz, somehow he finds a way to stay relevant. And prince has been doing his thang for longer than anybody in this battle lol

Covers; imo Berg takes this hands down. The fif cover is wack. and the em fif cover I'm not feeling. The scarface covers are GOAT But Berg came with that creativeness. The TI cover is doo doo though.

Trscklist cohesion; I would have liked to seem more kendrick on detox I feel like that should have been the logical move. All the fifty albums look the same and have the same vibe. Sions best work was jay electronica the EP and the lp look well thought out. Berg I feel has GOATER concepts just sometimes he relied Too much on Tyler production. but Tyler also hurts detox imo yeah detox is finally realeased but with all Tyler the creator on it word?!! Tyler is dope but its about cohesiveness.

My overall vote goes to @icebergTaylor. I think voters are over looking the small details and are wowed by the 50/em/dre combo that hasn't made much noise critically in ten years lol
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A judge has spoken!
    Match is now tied up 1 - 1, best of 7.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Future Sales: i gotta take sion here, yea he may have a couple artist that dont sell as much as they did, but as much as people been anticipating detox, that'll sell, eminem could pull a mims and sell a mill sayin nothing on the track, and 50 cent might struggle to go gold but a 50 cent eminem collab album wont, iceberg has good star power, but in these days, ion see em surpassing gold except maybe prince

Critical Acclaim: considering what critics may think of the albums i think sion barely wins this one, they'd prolly go crazy seeing scarface collab with people like big krit, or hearing work jay electronica did, or even the fact he did any work period, but ice berg made a strong case as well

Longevity: Here ill go with iceberg, i see longevity in both labels, but i think i can see my self bumping albums from iceberg label a just a lil longer, jeezy and ti in particular, maybe fab also

Album Covers/Tracklist: both had great cover art for different reasons, sions seemed a bit more to the point, icebergs seem just slightly more artistic, i think ill give him the edge there

Roster/Tracklist Cohesive: sion barely wins here imo, the producing/feature selections are almost flawless, icebergs were great but again, im just not sure about tyler doing so much production

another great(difficult lol) matchup
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will drop my vote in about an hour.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Future Sales: Based on roster build and a combanation of past success with a majority of their artist, Sion Records definitely has the ability to build a buzz back and give listeners what they want to hear again from some of their artists. The Same can be said with RRE but I believe Sion Records has more "star power" - Sion Records

Future Critical Acclaim: Sion Records has plenty of Artists who have garnered an enormous amount of critical acclaim in the past but what do they have left in the tank. If ever thing meshes together they could achieve the same. But. Based on a youth movement RRE may see the acclaim first.- RRE

Longevity: The majority of Sion Records artist are tried and true. RRE will need everything to go right in order to maximize longevity.- Sion Records

Album Covers / Tracklist : The Sion Records album covers look more like album covers while the RRE album covers look like dope mixtape covers. Although both of the tracklistings of each label seem to be exactly what each artist would come up with. Both are pretty creative and very believable. Due to the album covers- Sion Records

Roster/Tracklist Cohesion: RRE seems to be all over the place as far as cohesiveness. Although many of the artists would work well with selected other artist, Sion Records artists seem to mesh better and are more interchangeable. - Sion Records

Winner- Sion Records
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Ughh I dont understand some of these "I dont like Tyler producing so much" comments. I feel like some of you guys underestimate this kid's production. He's so versatile and i'm the first person to admit I never been a fan of his til Wolf where his production was incredible. Its odd (no pun intended) to see that a dislike for him is clouding alot of y'all votes.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I missed the vote but it would've went to @Sion.
    Iceberg's ? looks maddd skippable.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Your life is mad skippable.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ughh I dont understand some of these "I dont like Tyler producing so much" comments. I feel like some of you guys underestimate this kid's production. He's so versatile and i'm the first person to admit I never been a fan of his til Wolf where his production was incredible. Its odd (no pun intended) to see that a dislike for him is clouding alot of y'all votes.

i mean u got the guy producing so much ? on ur albums, when he's unproven imo on beats outside his camp, sure a couple placements could work but whole erkyah badu albums, ion know, tip or fab on hit-boy beats, yea i can see that working cuz its worked b4, but some of the tyler placements just didnt seem like it matched up, its not a dislike for dude(although i do not take him serious really) just seemed like better production choices coulda been made, especially for goin vs sion
  • Bodhi
    edited October 2013
    Options

u-mad-soulja-boy-o.gif

LMAO.. I don't even think you know me well enough to say some ? like that.

Not surprising that your unorginality even reflects in your comebacks. I'm sorry you wasted so much time to get told your ? sucks.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

i mean u got the guy producing so much ? on ur albums, when he's unproven imo on beats outside his camp, sure a couple placements could work but whole erkyah badu albums, ion know, tip or fab on hit-boy beats, yea i can see that working cuz its worked b4, but some of the tyler placements just didnt seem like it matched up, its not a dislike for dude(although i do not take him serious really) just seemed like better production choices coulda been made, especially for goin vs sion

Gotta make due with what I got bruh
  • daboyag1
    daboyag1 Members, Writer Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damnn I missed out on the community vote on this one, props to both of yall though.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »

u-mad-soulja-boy-o.gif

LMAO.. I don't even think you know me well enough to say some ? like that.

I don't need to but this response here reflects that you got the kinda life Thats of no importance since you felt the need to write back 2 whole paragraphs. Oh.

• Bodhi
    Options
    and you got the kind of life that wouldn't let you rest without replying with an assortment of feelings to my objective criticism.

Your emotions are ruining the thread. Please shut the ? up.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell Eminem alone will outsell 80% of dude's roster
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    and you got the kind of life that wouldn't let you rest without replying with an assortment of feelings to my objective criticism.

Your emotions are ruining the thread. Please shut the ? up.

Learn the meaning of objective criticism. Saying "my work is skippable" is a slander. I kno my ? doesn't suck nor is it unoriginal maybe you lack taste... In everything bruh man. And if there wasn't emotions I wouldn't be in the game. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. You Trollin b FOH
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Need I remind you you're losing by a land slide? Even dude on page 1 said you didn't stand a chance. Take your loss like a man ? and stop crying. You look pathetic. Move along.
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'm losing by 2 and now that's a "landslide" so not only you don't know how to articulate yourself you don't know basic math. What a cool life you live
    pastor-jet.gif
  • Bodhi
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sorry for the miscalculation. So you received one vote that I see so far after skimming which means you're losing by more than 2 votes. Maybe you should check your own math. Idk though.. you might be using a different kind of addition and subtraction or something.

And just so you don't get confused, I'm not going by the rules of the game; I'm adding up all of the votes that each participant has received thus far to show you that my opinion is in agreement with the majority. So it's highly unlikely that we're all victims of bad taste. It's just your ? isn't up to par.

I kind of lost interest in keeping track after this post:

Thanks to all the voters. @Sion wins the community vote 4 - 0 and will now get 1 - 0 headstart.

The community is now over and only votes from the judges will count now.

Anyway, I don't have time to go back and forth with you about this. I would've given you a more in depth analysis but I missed the community vote. I was equally hard on MadSirius. It's nothing against you so don't take it personal.

I apologize for the interruption Gov. Cheese.

Peace.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Cool story. Bye!

Carry on with the voting
    Sion bout to take this ?
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I vote for souljah boys stacks on deck label.
This discussion has been closed.