MAKE YOUR OWN LABEL TOURNAMENT SEMIFINALS. WINNER: Sion Records *4 -2*

13»

Comments

• GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Future sales - My vote goes for @Sion. Eminem pretty much crushes all artist on Berg's label in the sales department. Not just that Sion have Em but he used him well. Em with beats from Rick Rubin, The 3 headed monster getting back together would sell out shows all over the world. Other than Em, it's pretty close but EM and the way Sion used him is just to much imo.

Future Critical accliam - Hard to pick with this one but My vote goes to @Icebergtaylor. His label is mixed with youth that have tons of potential and veterans that garnered global success, it's a very good balance. Berg's label is the future. For Sion, I think his label would have problems keeping up with the direction music is going. Em would be the only one on there that would most likely be able to adapt and still sell tons of records.

Longevity - I was about to call this a tie but looking back at it, I honestly think @Icebergtaylor gets this so he gets my vote in this one. Since the game is based on current status, this might be Em's last album. Em isn't a hip hop mogul like Jay or diddy so I can't imagine him sticking around making power moves for his label like those guys. 50's buzz aint the same like years ago and I don't see lloyd Banks and Jay E as artist that can bring longevity to the their label.

Album covers/tracklist - Sion's Scarface and Jay Electonica albums are GOAT but I think Berg's covers are overall more artistic. His Killer Mike one is underrated. My vote goes to @Icebergtaylor.

Roster/tracklist cohesion - My vote goes to @Sion. Both rosters are great but sion's label looks like a family, the cohesion is through the roof. I look at his label and instantly see a identity... Real Hip Hop. I look at Berg's label and I see art, It's a case where I give Sion a A+ and Berg a A-, it's that close.

My overall vote goes to - @IceBergTaylor
  • GovernmentCheese
    @Sion leads @Icebergtaylor 3 - 2

@Icecoldstew and @Missk are the only judges left, best of 7!
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Cot damn, forgot all about this ? my bad. Ill get to it soon
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Future Sales: This isnt fair- Sion Records

Future Critical Acclaim: Gonna give the edge to RRE here for the solid players in their prime/up and coming talent on the roster

Longevity: The star power is too strong with Sion Records. No contest

Album Covers: I like the RRE covers more, a bit more creative imo

Roster/Tracklist Cohesion: Em/Dre, Face/Dean, Mobb Deep/Alchemist, Timbo? No I.D.? this isnt fair, shame on everybody for lettin him get all this ? lmao

My vote goes to @Sion but ? his Detox tho, I dont like it :(
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was a true #1 vs #4 seed matchup
    Big ups to @Sion
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cover Art- @Iceberg gets it. I agree with those saying there is more artistic vibe and if I was unfamiliar with the artists just the covers would grab me. The only one I didn't like was T.I. (I was crushed cuz I'm a huge fan, lol) @Sion the Scarface covers were my favorites from your collection. This may be an unpopular opinion but there are still plenty of people that will pick up an album just based on cover art

Future Sales-Both labels have huge potential, Sion getting the old and new but Berg will come in strong with the new and younger sales-tough call. Having Em and Dre is giving the edge to @Sion. Dre could produce Miley and make that trainwreck credible again.

Future Critical Acclaim- @Iceberg gets this. can't agree more with this statement "but Sion's greatest thing is also his worse thing his artiste are proven and already have their "classics" and at this point they fighting ghosts of previous glory while Ice is yet to come"

Longevity- @Sion. His artists are proven and will always sell-fair or not

Roster/tracklist- @Sion...the family unit worked in his favor

Overall Vote: @Sion
  • GovernmentCheese
    Thanks to all the judges and posters that voted. @Sion wins 4 - 2 and will now be going to the finals. Mods can close this, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.