Terry Crews wants to be a comic book superhero (Colossus or Thing) in films, what y'all think?

Sour-Cream
Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in Quite Comical
“One character I always thought I could play is the Thing from Fantastic Four,” Crews said. “Another character I’ve always loved as a fan is Colossus. If there was a way to make that happen that worked, I would love to be Colossus.”

However Crews knows that he can't just step into the role without some approval.

“You can’t make yourself President; the people make you the President. If people want me to be a part of this superhero genre, it’ll happen. People get what they want."

But what if Crews doesn't get a role? He says he'll make one up himself.

"I feel like we need to make new superheroes, African-American superheroes, that people would accept. Whatever I do, it has to be right – for me, for the character, and for the fans.”

Terry Crews wants to be a comic book superhero (Colossus or Thing) in films, what y'all think? 12 votes

Yes we can have a black russian or black Ben Grimm.
8%
StoneColdMikey 1 vote
Hell no, no superhero movies for this nignog.
8%
nj2089 1 vote
Other - He can play another superhero.
83%
gnsex-soldierBelovedAfeniThe Lonious Monknujerz84Sour-CreamevoljeanyesLou CypherSplackavelliOl' Fred 10 votes

Comments

• Sour-Cream
    I can't see him being a superhero without laughing but if he plays a serious role and pulls it off, I can see him being a Luke Cage. I know that's a stretch though.

terry-crews-carl-lucas-luke-cage.jpg

or

Rampage Jackson
    luke-cage-1.jpg
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    luke cage maybe . I was thinking absorbing man. I know he wants to play a hero put I has the right look for absorbing man. how about rage from the new warriors? blue marvel since he wear a mask. I think he would have made a better bishop than that dude they picked for days of future past movie. he could play shield agent or G.W. Bridge.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see him be Luke Cage but knowing hollywood, they would prefer a lightskinned ? like the Rock to play the role.

I want a Static movie won't happen though.
  • Sour-Cream
    luke cage maybe . I was thinking absorbing man. I know he wants to play a hero put I has the right look for absorbing man. how about rage from the new warriors? blue marvel since he wear a mask. I think he would have made a better bishop than that dude they picked for days of future past movie. he could play shield agent or G.W. Bridge.

Dude that plays bishop is an excellent actor. He got an academy award or some ? from the intouchables, it's just a horrible director and wrong role. I wanted him to play BP.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea I was thinking Luke Cage
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    obvious choice is Luke Cage. he'd be excellent as that.

As far as DC, I could see him as the Tattooed Man in a Justice League Dark flick.

ink-cover-1.jpg

Tattooed_Man_01.jpg

• BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    or he could be a hulk buster or gamma squad member

why does he have to wait for Hollywood
    Africa has its own media and distribution
    or buy the rights to a book and make the movie adaption african american
    maybe do a short film project on kickstarter
    or go to film schools
    Anime is another option
  • Sour-Cream
    obvious choice is Luke Cage. he'd be excellent as that.

As far as DC, I could see him as the Tattooed Man in a Justice League Dark flick.

ink-cover-1.jpg

Tattooed_Man_01.jpg

Didn't know they had this superhero, I was thinking about creating a ? that manipulate his tattoos into actual weapons. He would be dope though.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    He would probably make a good Aquaman in the upcoming Justice League movie. Aquaman had received a bad rep from the public and late night show comedians like Jay Leno for talking to fish. In his new 52 series writer Geoff johns took inspiration from his bad public rep and kinda let Aquaman make fun of himself. I think Terry Crews could bring a decent self-defecating humorous spin to the character.

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blaquaman?

he'd have to keep his white wife though, just to ? people off
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luke Cage, obvious choice.
  • Sour-Cream
    indyman87 wrote: »
    He would probably make a good Aquaman in the upcoming Justice League movie. Aquaman had received a bad rep from the public and late night show comedians like Jay Leno for talking to fish. In his new 52 series writer Geoff johns took inspiration from his bad public rep and kinda let Aquaman make fun of himself. I think Terry Crews could bring a decent self-defecating humorous spin to the character.

wtf?
  • Sour-Cream
    He could play savage dragon.

95_SavageDragon.jpg
  • Ol' Fred
    Ol' Fred Members Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dis big ? fits da luke cage role if they would make da fukin movie even though hollywood is fukin dat up! (Burn Hollywood Burn!)
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see Luke Cage.
  • Sour-Cream
    I thought someone was gonna say no, he can't act. He's a cool ass dude and perfect for cage, we just need a good director. Hollywood, make it happen.
  • Sour-Cream
    Put him in a agents of shield or avengers cameo.