Ether for fat kids. Woman to give 'obese' children letters, no candy

Options

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes the busybody over on ? Avenue publicly rejecting children on Halloween is definitely what needs to be done about this epidemic...you're so right.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Yes the busybody over on ? Avenue publicly rejecting children on Halloween is definitely what needs to be done about this epidemic...you're so right.

nothing else seems to be working.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

What would you do? Run more ads? Hand out more brochures? Have doctors tell the parents that their kid needs to lose weight again?

Face it Kat, nothing we as a society have done is working. Being nice ain't doing ? except getting us more complacent with being fat. Brutal honesty works. Tiptoeing around the issue does not.

"Your kid is fat and runs the risk of dying in your arms because of it".

^^^ That's the type of approach we need to take 'cause the current one simply ain't working.
  • Kat
    Options
    Yeah whatever.

I'm not disputing anything you have to say regarding the problem with obesity, but this ? isn't changing the world by passing out poorly worded notes to the kids on Halloween..that's my point.

That will be all.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    Yeah whatever.

I'm not disputing anything you have to say regarding the problem with obesity, but this ? isn't changing the world by passing out poorly worded notes to the kids on Halloween..that's my point.

That will be all.

so what would you do?
  • Kat
    Options
    If it were that serious to me I would come up with something fun and positive to give out to ALL the kids. Poor health and nutrition isn't limited to the children that are obviously overweight.

My brothers are skinny as ? and both of them eat like typical teen boys, plenty of junk.

Her tactic comes off as a form of bullying and though she claims her grievance is with the parents, she's targeting the children.

• konceptjones
    Options
    If it were that serious to me I would come up with something fun and positive to give out to ALL the kids. Poor health and nutrition isn't limited to the children that are obviously overweight.

My brothers are skinny as ? and both of them eat like typical teen boys, plenty of junk.

Her tactic comes off as a form of bullying and though she claims her grievance is with the parents, she's targeting the children.

Ever notice how many adults won't do ? until a child is targeted?
  • Kat
    Options
    Singling children out is bullying!

Okay so we have a group of friends come to the door and ONE of the children is what the ? deems a bit too hefty for a KitKat bar, so how will that work?

All the kids get to get a candy and then she tells the little butterball, "Nope no candy for you, but here's a letter!"

Of course the other kids are going to be curious, which could lead to a humiliating situation for the overweight kid cause at that point they'll have no idea what the letter is about either.

I mean how could you NOT see this as bullying? Keep in mind we're talking about children, not adults that choose to eat what they like.

Smash you sound like an ? in general, so it's whatever.
  • konceptjones
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Singling children out is bullying!

Okay so we have a group of friends come to the door and ONE of the children is what the ? deems a bit too hefty for a KitKat bar, so how will that work?

All the kids get to get a candy and then she tells the little butterball, "Nope no candy for you, but here's a letter!"

Of course the other kids are going to be curious, which could lead to a humiliating situation for the overweight kid cause at that point they'll have no idea what the letter is about either.

I mean how could you NOT see this as bullying? Keep in mind we're talking about children, not adults that choose to eat what they like.

Smash you sound like an ? in general, so it's whatever.

See how outraged you are? Your reaction at the mere thought of it tells me that something like this just might work to at least give the parents of said fat child a sense of urgency that something must be done.

Of course, the woman giving out the letters would prolly get her ass kicked at the end of the night, but after that the parents will do one of two things: Sit there in complete denial, or look at their child, realize that his/her life might just be in jeopardy, and do something about it.
  • Kat
    Options
    Um I'm not enraged and I do not agree with you.

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    What a ?

It's not her place to do that .....how about she just ? her porch light off and not pass out candy or pass out pencils if she is so worried about kids health

I hope someone eggs her house
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    She's right tho

You won't benefit anything from being a fat kid

-bad health

-bad at gym class

-prolly bullied

-reek of oil grease

-ugly

She's just preparing them for the future while looking after their health. Kid are the future you know. Anyone who doesnt agree with the teacher is mentally ill.

Obese is not ok. Neither is anorexia
  • ayyubam2002
    ayyubam2002 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    When did Halloween become this sacred holiday that must be preserved for kids to eat as much candy as they can cosume day. The letter is not directed towards the kids, but towards the parents and I for one think it is smart. Let those lazy irresponsible parents get upset. I'm the PE coach for a elementary school and I have parents get upset because I demand the children have tennis shoes to be able to play. Most parents are idiots.
  • Kat
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Give them a toy or fruit. The letter is ? .
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Captain save a lard ass to the rescue. StopItKat.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    I call ? on her "worried about kids health"

There are thousands of other ways she can help out .....Wtf is a letter gonna do ????
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope she changes some lives
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She can give trick or treaters whatever the ? she want

At least she isn't giving out poison
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope one of those letters get to my baby momma'.
  • Sicky Mouse
    Sicky Mouse Members Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    house will and should be egged.
  • can'tyoutell
    can'tyoutell Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Shaming, humiliation, etc. never works to help someone out. Yeah, this lady wants to bully the kids. It won't accomplish anything except ruin their nights, but again, that's probably the goal. People have this innate desire to lower other people. How does she know the kids are not already on a weight loss program? Last, but not least, Halloween happens once a year. ? idea from ? ? . I hate when people think they have authority to give advice when they don't know what the ? they are doing/talking about.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She should just tell the fat kids she ran outta candy I guess
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fatties shouldn't get butt hurt and break the law whenever people say things they don't like. That's a terrible idea.
  • Kat
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »

Fatties shouldn't get butt hurt and break the law whenever people say things they don't like. That's a terrible idea.

They're children!

Jesus Christ.