People in 2003 predict what Wrestlemania 30 will be like

Options
r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?s=c772ea7536fecd81926d977411362278&showtopic=37095&st=30

here some comments that caught my attention

"At some point, things will catch up to those guys. The stress, in the past in some cases, intermixed with injuries and steroid use"

Canadian Chick:

"I think there will be a WM ? . Brock would still be around probably, but there probably won't be many others in the Federation today that will be there."

I dug this one by Guest Jobber of the Week:

Barring any career-ending injuries, John Cena is going to be the new Rocky by WM 25. That guy has so much undiscovered ability and they haven't pushed him down our throats ala Lesnar who climbed to the top of the mountain before he actually got over (as a babyface, even.)

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guest_geniusMoment_* Jul 17 2003, 01:47 AM
    Post #50

Guests

I really believe HHH will still be headlining. His idol is 53 and still going. He is only 34 and at 44 would still have 9 years to go before even reaching Flairs current age. I just hope he has dropped the title once or twice in this time period.

Dude is a prophet...well not exactly. HHH was married in by that time.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    QUOTE(LooseCannon25 @ Jul 17 2003, 01:37 AM)
    If you look age wise then these guys would still be in their 30's at the time of WXXX:

Brock Lesnar, Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio, Brian Kendrick, Batista, Jamie Knoble, Billy Kidman, Haas, Benjamin, John Cena, Rhyno, Randy Orton, LA Resistance, Christian, Edge
    A couple points:

--No way Misterio's knees last that long.

--Batista has been injury prone already, so it's doubtful he'd be around. Plus, I think he's already at least 30 years old.

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rofl @ la resistance still being around
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Edge just turned 40 and Benjamin is about to hit that mark pretty soon if he didn't already. Outside of Brock, Edge, Orton and Cena, everyone else on that list was expendable to some level so saying they would make it to WM30 is reaching a bit
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    QUOTE(LooseCannon25 @ Jul 17 2003, 01:37 AM)
    If you look age wise then these guys would still be in their 30's at the time of WXXX:

Brock Lesnar, Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio, Brian Kendrick, Batista, Jamie Knoble, Billy Kidman, Haas, Benjamin, John Cena, Rhyno, Randy Orton, LA Resistance, Christian, Edge
    A couple points:

--No way Misterio's knees last that long.

--Batista has been injury prone already, so it's doubtful he'd be around. Plus, I think he's already at least 30 years old.

He was spot on about Misterio
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I remember alot of people thought Cena be on top but for the wrong reasons. Thought he would be unique and revolutionary.

I remember back in the day people thought Brock should be in Stone Cold role n be more of a brawler type than power and Cena should be in Brocks role as the over powering monster.

Funny how that sorta worked for the wrong reasons also.

Anotherthing alot of people thought Sean O Haire would be that demon spawn monster heel to replace Kane... Yikes.:(
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk about replacing Kane but I think Sean ohaire shoulda been more