Earth-size planet found with rocky core like ours

Options
2»

Comments

• sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Using a warp drive is probably about 30 years from now, we can form one, but controlling the energy is the problem and we don't know how to not destroy a planet using it.

We're gonna be invited into the United Federation of Planets after we discover warp drive. The reason we haven't been contacted yet is b/c of the prime directive. But discovering warp drive will change that.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swag, I wonder what all these religious ? are gonna do about it.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can bet you one million dollars that any aliens that we meet will have a religious story similar to the flood and a resurrection story.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

if it comes out that there are aliens only 3 things could happen

( im guessing u tryna pick on christianity so) accept that ? created them too ( ? created heaven and earth so that pretty much means everything)

or the theory of muliple gods will arise... again..

or scientology will get a boost in converts..
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

I can bet you one million dollars that any aliens that we meet will have a religious story similar to the flood and a resurrection story.

freaky_lol_gif.gif

tumblr_mfstmwmNAq1s0gdb0o1_400.gif

wut_lol_gif.gif
  • Ajackson17
    Options

( im guessing u tryna pick on christianity so) accept that ? created them too ( ? created heaven and earth so that pretty much means everything)

Nah, all religions.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly think we are the only life forms in the entire universe.

Let me rephrase this, I think we the only life forms with a spirit in the universe. If there is life, it's just gonna be some weird looking animal or some ? .
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    I honestly think we are the only life forms in the entire universe.

You stupid as hell

Prove me wrong. I'll wait...

The universe is too big. Ill place my bets on that alone. Im sure theres organisms in some shape or form out there.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah, all religions.
    well it wont effect buddhist..

it wont effect hindu's either...

muslims and jews i feel will fall in the same lane as Christians
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There could be planets in the universe with all types of creatures on them, but they aren't intelligent. Meaning that they:

1. Can not reason and contemplate their purpose, destiny, and existence.
    2. Are not conscious of who and what they are. For example a hippopotamus doesn't know that it's a hippo.
    3. Are not made in the image and after the likeness of ? .

The only other intelligent creatures that ? created are Angels. But they are immaterial spirit beings who exist in another dimension, but can travel between the 2 dimensions.

What people "think" are aliens are really thrones, powers, dominions, and principalities. They are spiritual beings. Better known as angels.

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:"
    Colossians 1:16
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bible never mentions dinosaurs or aliens, just talks about man which doesn't omit that aliens or dinosaurs never existed. Genesis says the earth was formless, dinosaurs could have existed before earth was with form, aliens could exist but ? ain't got nothing to do with the creation of man then it talks about a new earth in revelations which scientist are finding but I don't wanna go into this spiritual ? . Just sayin'...
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    The intelligence of man is in the brain and every function that he can reason is in the brain. Emotions are chemical reactions same as love. It's just human arrogance and ignorance nothing more and nothing less.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Afawk, highly advanced aliens can have a strict policy of not bothering with other alien life forms until they have been discovered and from there they destroy the creatures that discovered them because they like to remain hidden.

There could be beings out there like crayak from the ellimist chronicles.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    @boldchild you going the animorphs route?