Should we start calling TNA, WWE 0.2?

Options
herbalism101
herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
Man, it's worse that WCW right now.....At least WCW failed on their own ignorance and ego, but TNA is failing by copying WWE's programs.

AJ Styles is C.M Punk

Gail Kim is AJ Lee

Lei'D Tapa is Tamina

Dixie is Stephanie

What's next? Are they gonna bring in Eric Young and turn him into DB?

How can they earn the respect of their fans when they can see right through the ? ...Their creative is worse than backyard wrestling right now to the point I cant even watch it anymore(Regardless of the other talents that are being wasted with terrible storylines)

They really need a miracle or that for sale rumor is gonna be reality......

I pretty much gave up The HHH Show also......

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have no idea what they are trying to do. Just seems to me like they don't mind being looked down on.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully they won't renew Hogan and Bischoff's contract's
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, it's worse that WCW right now.....At least WCW failed on their own ignorance and ego, but TNA is failing by copying WWE's programs.

AJ Styles is C.M Punk

Gail Kim is AJ Lee

Lei'D Tapa is Tamina

Dixie is Stephanie

How can they earn the respect of their fans when they can see right through the ? ...Their creative is worse than backyard wrestling right now to the point I cant even watch it anymore(Regardless of the other talents that are being wasted with terrible storylines)

And wrestling organizations have always been biting other organizations styles. This is nothing new.
  • herbalism101
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    Hopefully they won't renew Hogan and Bischoff's contract's

Both are done with TNA.....Bischoff just got bounced the other day...

icks86 wrote: »

AJ Styles is C.M Punk

Gail Kim is AJ Lee

Lei'D Tapa is Tamina

Dixie is Stephanie

And wrestling organizations have always been biting other organizations styles. This is nothing new.

Ya but this blatantly?? I mean, ya ideas are always revamped, but at least it's done much later down the road......Not at the same time its going on in the other promotion.....Only other time I remember something being ripped off at almost the same time was BWO....
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Hogan needs to take a Legends Contract with WWE and be happy with it
  • jono
    Options
    Hogan thinks it's 1995 again and he still the top star in the world. His damn ego ruined TNA, among other things. Forcing them to rebrand, downplaying what made them a good promotion in the first place, killing things that made them original and used them as a ? ATM since he got there.

• herbalism101
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Hogan needs to take a Legends Contract with WWE and be happy with it

With him at WWE, they could probably finally get Legend's House launched.
    jono wrote: »
    Hogan thinks it's 1995 again and he still the top star in the world. His damn ego ruined TNA, among other things. Forcing them to rebrand, downplaying what made them a good promotion in the first place, killing things that made them original and used them as a ? ATM since he got there.

Ya, but he hasnt been in control for over a month...This is what they came up without him(and Bischoff I think)
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Companies been recycling angles for years...but at the same time the other company doing it though? Cmon son.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    WWE copied Eric Bischoff who cares.

The Shield debuted almost the sane way as Aces n Eights but on a PPV instead and eventually a completely different direction.

If youre gonna call a ? a ? dont look the other way when WWE rehashes other people ? or their own.

At the end of the day its not what you copy but how you copy it.

Originality is a mute point.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never saw that CM Punk storyline because that happened before I got back into mainstream wrestling. The irony is that Punk did the exact same story over at ROH before he left. Which I did see since ROH was the only promotion I followed for a long time after the alliance soured me off the big leagues.

From what people over at wrestlingforum.com tell me though it ended up getting derailed before it ended. Also the potential of Punk defending the WWE title in other promotions was never reached. Mostly because WWE wouldn't want to put on any competitors.

On the other hand AJ is actually defending the TNA title in Mexico and in Japan. That's a key difference right there. A difference that gives the story real weight and relevance in terms of kayfabe; and also leads to great match combinations by pitting AJ's style against lucha and puroresu.
  • jono
    Options
    One thing I can say is that TNA is in a position to do a great story because their structure is different From wwe.

Because their PPVs are so far apart they don't have to rush the angle and they can put some real emphasis on the tournament and crowning a "new" champion. When WWE did this story they rushed the tournament and Punk's return because Summerslam is the 2nd biggest PPV of the year.

However this concept that AJ will wrestle as champion in other promotions is okay but an I see these matches on impact?

If the answer is yes you will be able to see them on impact then the storyline makes no sense because a non-contracted wrestler shouldn't be on impact wrestling as champion in other promotions. This is actually the more favorable option because...

If the answer is no...then who the ? cares if he wrestling in Mexico or Japan? TNA isn't benefitting from AJ being in dark matches (meaning not televised in this country). They need increased visibility not diminished visibility.

You also run the risk of AJ being injured in these matches too...which is also not good for TNA but I really doubt he will be hurt.

So if this leads to some Global Impact matches great! That would lack sense but the entertainment value is there, if t doesn't and I have to chase them down on YouTube (which would be dumb) or something then it's a mess.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    TNA TNA TNA TNA TNA!!!

Sorry I marked out...
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Everybody ripped Eric Bischoff"
    ...Who ripped everybody before that. Simple as. As far as TNA goes, what hurt them was the usual "Trying to compete" with WWE, using people who WWE canned for one reason or another. People who still prefers TNA are dumber than Jim Jones. He was the loudmouth TNA fan that made fan-shoots a household name for better (Nah) or worse (YES!)

Couldnt find any of them (and thank heaven for that) so i found something much much better.
    http://youtu.be/eqlC334hT-U
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Imma use an analogy.

A toyota avalon isnt a lexus ls. But just because its not lexus doesnt mean imma stop driving my avalon.
    (Now I get the cost of watching both products n the end dont really cost me ? and pretty much equal but work with me, nerds)

Just because TNA isnt currently better than WWE doesnt mean Imma stop watching TNA, and vice versa. I don't be here cuz Im a fan boy or zombie of a product. I'm an American wrestling fan and a fan of wrestling in general. I'll watch it whether it's cool or not the cool thing to do. Like hip hop, I don't allow relevance to affect my judgement.

I don't care to ? n compare because at the end of the day it makes us look like choosing ass females. When I think WWE sucks I stop watching and maybe try again next week. Same for TNA. I'll keep my eye on the news just to keep me in the loop and read off the board here.

TNA was real good for a short period when Austin Aries was champ, and nobody tried ? on it then, and now AJ Styles is champ, and non TNA fans still complaining. Well don't watch it. Let it die if that's what you think it will happen.

People like what they like, and that's fine and whatever, we're all individuals. I don't judge you, but don't judge me either, I am not you.

Simple as that.
  • herbalism101
    Options
    Lemme make something clear......

I have no problem with the TNA product...Im not a fan of the entire roster, but I watch it from time to time...Im definitely not feeling the WWE product right now(The HHH show has turned me off) and I know that wrestling storylines and angles are recycled, but when was the last time you saw 2 companies doing the same storyline at the same time? Punk's angle started only a year ago and just ended before summer...During that time, they had AJ(Styles) sitting at home doing nothing... That's all Im saying. I cant have faith in a product that is so desperate that they are directly ripping off their competition and doing a bad job at it....Id rather them fail at trying new things than failing at biting styles(No pun intended)