Drake Says He Has Unreleased Material With Aaliyah & YG

RickyRich
RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
Drake speaks on fan interaction during his tour, hopes fans leave with a deeper connection.

It was just a few days ago when Canadian artist Drake kicked off his Would You Like A Tour? tour, and during a recent segment with Revolt TV, the Young Money singer/rapper shared a few details of his tour, specifically his interaction with fans.

While speaking on the tour, which is scheduled to make dozens of stops up until mid-December, Drake revealed his desire for every fan to leave his show feeling that they know the rapper.

“When I see people doing that it’s so crazy cause I’ve had that song for so long,” said Drake, while speaking on fans singing along to songs he’s had for quite some time. “That’s like one of the first songs that we did. And I was always like ‘Man, I’m telling you at the shows this part is gonna be crazy.’ And it’s just crazy to see how stuff comes to fruition…My brand of entertainment is like I’m gonna be the guy, like…I look at girls to the point that they’re like, ‘What the?’ They look away. They get weirded out. You know what I’m saying? I’m looking at you, I’m talking to you. I want you to leave here tonight like, ‘I didn’t just see Drake, I know Drake. I’m looking forward to seeing him the next time. I know that guy’…That’s the great thing about the show, is it’s engaging. I don’t want anybody to leave that building and feel like the building was too big.”

Drake’s Would You Like A Tour? tour comes on the heels of the release of his third studio album, Nothing Was The Same. The Young Money rapster also commented on his recent release and shared the reason why a record he recorded with rapper/producer Hit-Boy wasn’t featured on the LP.

According to Drake, he couldn’t quite get the hook on the song right and despite recruiting other artists, he didn’t want to release the record with another artist on the hook.

“I wouldn’t even call it a leftover,” said Drizzy. “It was definitely on the album. I know Hit-Boy’s gonna watch this and he’s gonna be like ‘psssh.’ It was definitely on the album. I’m not a just-throw-it-together kinda guy. And I had two different hooks on there. I didn’t like either of them. I just started sending it around and as great of a job as other people did, it didn’t sound right if I wasn’t on the hook. I always want to do my own hooks for the sake of my performances. I don’t like being off a hook because…I can’t really give you a moment if someone else is doing the hook, you know?”

In addition to the unreleased record with Hit-Boy, Drake says he also has a song with Compton rapper YG, a “Wu-Tang Forever (Remix),” and material on the late Aaliyah’s album.

“I got a lot of records that aren’t out yet,” said Drake. “We got like crazy joints. We got some stuff we did for the Aaliyah album that’s crazy. I got a record with YG that’s crazy. The ‘Wu-Tang Forever (Remix)” is sitting there.”

Drake previously spoke on working with producer and friend, Noah “40” Shebib on a posthumous album from Aaliyah; one he says was eventually scrapped.

"Before things went downhill with it, I was actually working with my dream collaboration,” said the rapper, during his CRWN interview last month. “Me and 40 were working on this Aaliyah album that kind of got blown out of proportion. There are records with me and Aaliyah that no one has ever heard and they're really good… I think the press got out of hand. maybe just had a different vision for it. I'm not sure. It was sounding great to me. Whatever they end up doing with it, I wish them the best of luck. There might be a record with me on there. I'm not sure."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnGNngiTeug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3BBKPlaFlU

Comments