beenwize wrote: »
    alissowack wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Lol at this fool unwize there is so much misunderstanding in here that i just don't know where to begin

you are the fool. I dare you to listen to this video in it's entirety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTtqakupqZ4

Maybe I should have looked at more than 10 minutes of this vid but...I find it as much as he is saying that religion is a trap, he is not considering everything else. In the beginning of his vid, he is saying the world is a prison; that even our bodies are prisons...meaning that the issue is really not with religion, but with ourselves.

maybe you should finish the video.

But, with that point being made, there is no need to go any further. He said he has broken the code of religion but hasn't broken the code of our humanity. He hasn't given me any reason to think that we can escape who we are as human beings from the jump. We are trapped in our own existence. He says we can't trust ourselves...and yet he makes a video saying that we can trust what he has to say. I mean...if someone is living by the motto, "Trust no one", then go and ask you trust him or her...anything he or she has to offer should become suspect by default.

lol maybe if you finished the video you would get the message. don't worry finishing it. it's your ignorance.

Ok bossman...I sat through all of it and I still feel the same way. What reasons would anybody have to trust what anybody has to say if we are corrupt in and of ourselves? This what this sounds like to me. You have this demiurge that is in control of everything and there are some "agents" working for the demiurge to keep mankind at bay through ordinary workings of life. Anything that the demiurge didn't want mankind to know was also guarded my these agents until some brave souls were able slip through the system and find the truth...and in turn are starting a revolution to free people from ? . It sounds so...Matrix-ish. A little known aspect of this movie is that...Agent Smith could control people that could be unplugged from the Matrix so is it really "freedom" for those whose were unplugged (or awake)?

I said something like this in a post...what's the point of gaining all this information if you're going to die eventually? Being smart or dumb is not going to determine how long you live. What would make anyone pursue anything if there is nothing that allows them to value it when their heart finally stops?

this requires no response. religion produces brain dead people. zombies basically.

it requires no response because you don't have a logical response to it

your own Bible tells you not to argue with a fool lest you become like one.

you see I know your book better than you.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is religion a "testament" of mental illness?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/test
    test
    1 [test] Show IPA
    noun
    the means by which the presence, quality, or genuineness of anything is determined; a means of trial.
    the trial of the quality of something: to put to the test.
    a particular process or method for trying or assessing.
    a set of questions, problems, or the like, used as a means of evaluating the abilities, aptitudes, skills, or performance of an individual or group; examination.
    Psychology . a set of standardized questions, problems, or tasks designed to elicit responses for use in measuring the traits, capacities, or achievements of an individual.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ament
    a·ment 2 (mnt, mnt)
    n.
    A person with severely deficient intellectual capacity.

ament2
    n
    (Psychiatry) Psychiatry a mentally deficient person

Right now ? all that ? you posting and answer the ? question what plauges did the egyptians send on anyone or are you ready to admit that you are a ? liar.
  • zombie
    Options

test
    1 [test] Show IPA
    noun
    the means by which the presence, quality, or genuineness of anything is determined; a means of trial.
    a set of questions, problems, or the like, used as a means of evaluating the abilities, aptitudes, skills, or performance of an individual or group; examination.
    Psychology . a set of standardized questions, problems, or tasks designed to elicit responses for use in measuring the traits, capacities, or achievements of an individual.

a·ment 2 (mnt, mnt)
    n.

ament2
    n

stop ? deflecting and stay on ? topic
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Options
  • beenwize
    Options

test
    1 [test] Show IPA
    noun

a·ment 2 (mnt, mnt)
    n.

ament2
    n

Right now ? all that ? you posting and answer the ? question what plauges did the egyptians send on anyone or are you ready to admit that you are a ? liar.

Did you not read your own book? The Egyptians did damn near everything Moses did. Nobody was amazed by what Moses did at all period.
  • zombie
    Options

test
    1 [test] Show IPA
    noun

a·ment 2 (mnt, mnt)
    n.

ament2
    n

Did you not read your own book? The Egyptians did damn near everything Moses did. Nobody was amazed by what Moses did at all period.

The bible does not say that at all you ? liar.
  • zombie
    Options
    Lol at this fool unwize there is so much misunderstanding in here that i just don't know where to begin

Maybe I should have looked at more than 10 minutes of this vid but...I find it as much as he is saying that religion is a trap, he is not considering everything else. In the beginning of his vid, he is saying the world is a prison; that even our bodies are prisons...meaning that the issue is really not with religion, but with ourselves.

But, with that point being made, there is no need to go any further. He said he has broken the code of religion but hasn't broken the code of our humanity. He hasn't given me any reason to think that we can escape who we are as human beings from the jump. We are trapped in our own existence. He says we can't trust ourselves...and yet he makes a video saying that we can trust what he has to say. I mean...if someone is living by the motto, "Trust no one", then go and ask you trust him or her...anything he or she has to offer should become suspect by default.

lol maybe if you finished the video you would get the message. don't worry finishing it. it's your ignorance.

Ok bossman...I sat through all of it and I still feel the same way. What reasons would anybody have to trust what anybody has to say if we are corrupt in and of ourselves? This what this sounds like to me. You have this demiurge that is in control of everything and there are some "agents" working for the demiurge to keep mankind at bay through ordinary workings of life. Anything that the demiurge didn't want mankind to know was also guarded my these agents until some brave souls were able slip through the system and find the truth...and in turn are starting a revolution to free people from ? . It sounds so...Matrix-ish. A little known aspect of this movie is that...Agent Smith could control people that could be unplugged from the Matrix so is it really "freedom" for those whose were unplugged (or awake)?

I said something like this in a post...what's the point of gaining all this information if you're going to die eventually? Being smart or dumb is not going to determine how long you live. What would make anyone pursue anything if there is nothing that allows them to value it when their heart finally stops?

this requires no response. religion produces brain dead people. zombies basically.

it requires no response because you don't have a logical response to it

your own Bible tells you not to argue with a fool lest you become like one.

you see I know your book better than you.

answer the ? question and stay on topic i am not doing this for you and it's not about you.
  • beenwize
    Options

test
    1 [test] Show IPA
    noun

a·ment 2 (mnt, mnt)
    n.

ament2
    n

The bible does not say that at all you ? liar.

Exodus 7:10-12

King James Version (KJV)

10 And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the Lord had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent.

11 Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.

Read Exodus for a start and you will see none of the Egyptians were surprised by anything Moses did because they also did many of the things he did.
  • beenwize
    Options
    20 And Moses and Aaron did so, as the Lord commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood.

21 And the fish that was in the river died; and the river stank, and the Egyptians could not drink of the water of the river; and there was blood throughout all the land of Egypt.

22 And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments:
  • beenwize
    Options
    And the Lord spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch forth thine hand with thy rod over the streams, over the rivers, and over the ponds, and cause frogs to come up upon the land of Egypt.

6 And Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt; and the frogs came up, and covered the land of Egypt.

7 And the magicians did so with their enchantments, and brought up frogs upon the land of Egypt.
  • zombie
    edited November 2013
    Options

test
    1 [test] Show IPA
    noun

a·ment 2 (mnt, mnt)
    n.

ament2
    n

try again you liar. Out of all the things moses did the egyptians only did three.

the plugues of darkness, locausts, boils, hail ,death of all livestock, flies and of gants. the egyptians begged on their ? knees and they could not do most of the things moses did

exodus 9

Then Pharaoh sent and called Moses and Aaron and said to them, “This time I have sinned; the Lord is in the right, and I and my people are in the wrong. 28 Plead with the Lord, for there has been enough of ? 's thunder and hail. I will let you go, and you shall stay no longer.

exodus 8

All the dust of the earth became gnats in all the land of Egypt. 18 The magicians tried by their secret arts to produce gnats, but they could not. So there were gnats on man and beast. 19 Then the magicians said to Pharaoh, “This is the finger of ? .” But Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he would not listen to them, as the Lord had said.

• beenwize
    Options

test
    1 [test] Show IPA
    noun

a·ment 2 (mnt, mnt)
    n.

ament2
    n

try again you liar. Out of all the things moses did the egyptians only did three.

the plugues of darkness, locausts, boils, hail ,death of all livestock, flies and of gants. the egyptians begged on their ? knees and they could not do most of the things moses did

exodus 9

Then Pharaoh sent and called Moses and Aaron and said to them, “This time I have sinned; the Lord is in the right, and I and my people are in the wrong. 28 Plead with the Lord, for there has been enough of ? 's thunder and hail. I will let you go, and you shall stay no longer.

exodus 8

All the dust of the earth became gnats in all the land of Egypt. 18 The magicians tried by their secret arts to produce gnats, but they could not. So there were gnats on man and beast. 19 Then the magicians said to Pharaoh, “This is the finger of ? .” But Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he would not listen to them, as the Lord had said.

Like I said ? the Egyptians did many of the same ? that Moses had done. And why would they destroy there own land? As you see nothing amazed them too much if they followed the Israelites out of Egypt. THis is a mythical story anyway. You act like hundreds of thousands of people were outside watching Moses and pharaoh did this ? and they all walked away together with the Egyptians following them. LMAO you have to be really mentally deficient to believe such a thing. hundreds of thousands of people all walking out of Egypt including babies, grandmans, and pregnant woman. Are you really this guiliable?
  • zombie
    Options

test
    1 [test] Show IPA
    noun

a·ment 2 (mnt, mnt)
    n.

ament2
    n

exodus 9

exodus 8

Like I said ? the Egyptians did many of the same ? that Moses had done. And why would they destroy there own land? As you see nothing amazed them too much if they followed the Israelites out of Egypt. THis is a mythical story anyway. You act like hundreds of thousands of people were outside watching Moses and pharaoh did this ? and they all walked away together with the Egyptians following them. LMAO you have to be really mentally deficient to believe such a thing. hundreds of thousands of people all walking out of Egypt including babies, grandmans, and pregnant woman. Are you really this guiliable?

? you said they did damn near everything stop trying to ? play it off now. try being a man and admit when you are wrong. if they were not amazed they would not have been begging for their ? lives.

i don't subscribe to a literal translation of the bible you stupid ? .
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options

And the "smart" still end up having to die. A higher conscious can only take you so far.
  • beenwize
    Options
    So now you backing away from the literal exodus story. and i guess when the israelites were hungry in a desert including babies and grandmothers. in a hot desert no food or water the only thing Yahweh could do is send serpents to ? them? And apparently he is supposed to be rescuing them from Egypt?
  • zombie
    Options
    So now you backing away from the literal exodus story. and i guess when the israelites were hungry in a desert including babies and grandmothers. in a hot desert no food or water the only thing Yahweh could do is send serpents to ? them? And apparently he is supposed to be rescuing them from Egypt?

there are parts of the exodus story i take literal and some i don't and that same principle goes for the entire bible especially the old testament.

if you read the bible you would know that ? sent the people food and water and he did rescue them from egypt but some of the people died in fact that whole generation he let die the ? out.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options

There is this impression that because ? chose the Israelites to be His People, they were made "sinless" in the process. According the Bible, all of mankind was cursed by what Adam and Eve did...no exceptions. Some of the Israelites were just as self-centered and rebellious as the Egyptians...only wanting to follow ? when He does His "Magic" and when things are good.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rahlow wrote: »
    The Israelites were enslaved by these Hyksos/Hapiru Amorites after they returned from a province of Egypt where they were given permission to go entomb their progenitor Jacob

Provide evidence?
  • beenwize
    Options

there are parts of the exodus story i take literal and some i don't and that same principle goes for the entire bible especially the old testament.

if you read the bible you would know that ? sent the people food and water and he did rescue them from egypt but some of the people died in fact that whole generation he let die the ? out.

he let the whole generation die out and you call that a loving ? ? he is a false ? and a tyrant.

here we see he commands people to be killed and to hang there "heads" up to the sun. imagine this going on today and someone saying ? commanded this. you Christians like to point out how muslims behead ppl, but we see your so called loving ? commanding death to ppl and hanging there heads up against the sun. you have to be severely brainwashed to think this is the actions of the Creator.

Numbers 25:4 (KJV)
    And the LORD said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.

New International Version
    The LORD said to Moses, "Take all the leaders of these people, ? them and expose them in broad daylight before the LORD, so that the LORD's fierce anger may turn away from Israel."

• Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Rahlow wrote: »
    The Israelites were enslaved by these Hyksos/Hapiru Amorites after they returned from a province of Egypt where they were given permission to go entomb their progenitor Jacob

Provide evidence?
    Assuming that your position is that the Hyksos are the Hebrews...

1. The Hyksos (hierarchy of Amorites) and the Hapiru (the Amorite common peasant/warrior class/all being basically a conglomeration of brigands from other so-called semitic tribes) invaded Kemet by way of chariot and composite bow... (many say the Hebrews were the Hyksos/Hapiru which is 100% incorrect according to scripture)

2. The Hyksos invaded Kemet by way of composite bow and chariots

3.The Hebrews entered Kemet (many years before the Hyksos invasion), their were only 70 of them (Israelites) in existence when they entered (not force their way in)
    They were still just a small family when they entered Kemet by way of Pharoahs invitation during a grievous famine

Gen 46:5
    And Jacob rose up from Beersheba: and the sons of Israel carried Jacob their father, and their little ones, and their wives, in the wagons which Pharaoh had sent to carry him.

Gen 46:27 And the sons of Joseph, which were born him in Egypt, were two souls: all the souls of the house of Jacob (Israel), which came into Egypt, were threescore and ten (70).

Jacob (Israel pass away in Kemet after 17 years in Kemet... the Israelites number haven't grown significantly enough from 70 in only 17 years:

Gen 49:33
    And when Jacob had made an end of commanding his sons, he gathered up his feet into the bed, and yielded up the ghost, and was gathered unto his people.

Interesting passage here:
    Gen 50:2
    And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians to embalm his father: and the physicians embalmed Israel.

Gen 50:3 And forty days were fulfilled for him; for so are fulfilled the days of those which are embalmed: and the Egyptians mourned for him threescore and ten days.

Gen 50:4
    And when the days of his mourning were past, Joseph spake unto the house of Pharaoh, saying, If now I have found grace in your eyes, speak, I pray you, in the ears of Pharaoh, saying,

Gen 50:5
    My father made me swear, saying, Lo, I die: in my grave which I have digged for me in the land of Canaan, there shalt thou bury me. Now therefore let me go up, I pray thee, and bury my father, and I will come again.

Gen 50:6
    And Pharaoh said, Go up, and bury thy father, according as he made thee swear.

Gen 50:8
    And all the house of Joseph, and his brethren, and his father's house: only their little ones, and their flocks, and their herds, they left in the land of Goshen.

NOW pay close attention to what the Canaanites say they observed (I'm certain they know the difference between Hyksos and Kemetians being that Israelites weren't even a blip on the radar as a people to the world outside of Kemet)

Gen 50:11
    And when the inhabitants of the land, the Canaanites, saw the mourning in the floor of Atad, they said, This is a grievous mourning to the Egyptians: wherefore the name of it was called Abelmizraim (a province of Kemet at the time Mizraim being the biblical name for Kemet), which is beyond Jordan.

They called the Israelites "Egyptians" for the only distinction between the 2 people were customs but not appearance. Where as Hyksos were physically distinct from Egyptians hence the Hyksos never called themselves Egyptians though they have adopted customs of the Egyptians.

I can go into this in more detail & depth but I feel I may have wasted much time going into this as far as I have already done.

• zombie
    edited November 2013
    Options

he let the whole generation die out and you call that a loving ? ? he is a false ? and a tyrant.

here we see he commands people to be killed and to hang there "heads" up to the sun. imagine this going on today and someone saying ? commanded this. you Christians like to point out how muslims behead ppl, but we see your so called loving ? commanding death to ppl and hanging there heads up against the sun. you have to be severely brainwashed to think this is the actions of the Creator.

And the LORD said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.

The LORD said to Moses, "Take all the leaders of these people, ? them and expose them in broad daylight before the LORD, so that the LORD's fierce anger may turn away from Israel."

hell yeah that's a loving ? he kept them in the wild, until the memory of the way they lived in egypt faded i have no problem with this at all. It had to be done ALL the ways of the egyptians were not the ways ? wanted the people of israel to live. and i already told you the people of cannan deserved everything they got.

? was merciful to egypt compared to what he let israel do to the people of cannan. I have no problem with the death and the killing in the o.t because now we understand ? 's purpose for it and besides no one every really dies.

"You christians" ? let me tell you right now i am not the typical american christian you should have figured that out by now. i am not going to speak soft to you.
  • beenwize
    Options

hell yeah that's a loving ? he kept them in the wild, until the memory of the way they lived in egypt faded i have no problem with this at all. It had to be done ALL the ways of the egyptians were not the ways ? wanted the people of israel to live. and i already told you the people of cannan deserved everything they got.

? was merciful to egypt compared to what he let israel do to the people of cannan. I have no problem with the death and the killing in the o.t because now we understand ? 's purpose for it and besides no one every really dies.

"You christians" ? let me tell you right now i am not the typical american christian you should have figured that out by now. i am not going to speak soft to you.

but apparently you just said he loved Cain. it seems your false ? is only interested in killing ? .

in my theory there is 1 Creator and many gods. You don't worship the Creator and you are worshipping someone else's ? . You are worshipping the white man's ? .
  • zombie
    edited November 2013
    Options

but apparently you just said he loved Cain. it seems your false ? is only interested in killing ? .

in my theory there is 1 Creator and many gods. You don't worship the Creator and you are worshipping someone else's ? . You are worshipping the white man's ? .

? the white man's ? is thor or jupiter. abrahamic religions don't come from white people, the ? is wrong with you? he did love cain as he wants to love all people. ? will love you but he will still cause you to die wrong doing will be punished and sometimes the punishment is death. I am a spiritual baptist there is nothing white about my religion. most white christians would consider it a cult

there is one ? and many creators and many false gods.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder how discussions will be were the bible excluded from this sub-forum
  • zombie
    Options
    Anansi wrote: »
    I wonder how discussions will be were the bible excluded from this sub-forum

the sub-forum would be even more dead because most of the people here are only interested in bashing christanity.
This discussion has been closed.