The entire population of the U.S. could Die After An EMP Blast

Options
indyman87
indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭

http://wtfrly.com/2013/11/01/what-are-you-going-to-do-when-a-massive-emp-blast-fries-the-u-s-electrical-grid/#.UnVGVWLD_IV

It is only a matter of time before a massive EMP burst fries the U.S. electrical grid. What that happens, how are you going to survive? In the United States today, we are completely and totally dependent on electrical power. Unless you are Amish (or are a part of a similar community), you probably have absolutely no idea how to survive in a world without electricity. Unfortunately, our electrical grid is extremely vulnerable at this point. As you will see below, intelligence officials believe that China and Russia already have “super-EMP weapons”, and a whole host of smaller nations and terrorist groups are believed to be working on developing similar weapons.
So what will happen if we are hit by a massive EMP blast? Well, according to a government commission that investigated this issue, approximately two-thirds of the U.S. population could potentially die from starvation, disease and societal chaos within one year. It would be a disaster unlike anything that we have ever seen before in U.S. history.
Frank Gaffney, the president of the Center for Security Policy, is even more pessimistic. He believes that a single EMP blast could potentially end up killing almost the entire population of the United States…
“Within a year of that attack, nine out of 10 Americans would be dead, because we can’t support a population of the present size in urban centers and the like without electricity”

Is it time for Black People to get out of the city/urban areas?

Comments

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hmmm white folks may dare this move in hopes of it wrecking black folks
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but black folks aint the ones wit the money, technology, n gadgets n ?

? been without lights before. grow some weed n shoot some hoops while a buncha stockbrokers jump out the window..
  • Sicky Mouse
    Sicky Mouse Members Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    everything changed when the fire nation attacked...
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know how to farm, how to protect my crops, I can raise cattle and animals, know how to clean water, smh, survival skills are mandatory. I'm from farm land ohio. Also, I can create fusion energy, muwhahaha
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    ^^ol farmer on the del ass ? you gon get robbed
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah all those Wall Street types are gonna be the ones hardest hit. Their money will be worthless and they won't have access to the bulk of it.

They will most likely leave and go to other countries though.

Everyone else will just have to scratch and survive on their own. It would be a tough transition but folks will make it.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn lots of people would starve for sure. There would literally be like no deer left in the country by the time ? got back on track
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Could this be why there have been rumors of FEMA issuing that National blackout still this month. ..?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    well, this theory did at least give us a decent (not great) post-apocalyptic novel from William Forstchen
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as longs as there is gas we will be fine
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do people always exaggerate ? in the thread titles? Was that ? really necessary in this case?

I also don't know about 90% of the population dying if we lost electricity either. It's not like no one knows how to live of the land. Lots of people in the South and Midwest know how to do a variety of things without electricity. Soldiers should also have that kind of knowledge, so it would be very plausible for the government to put a plan in action to react to the attack.

Also, it's not like EMPs permanently take out the capabilities for electronics to work forever. It might destroy a lot of the functioning technology out there (not all because some things are potected from such things). An EMP wouldn't prevent people from repairing and/or rebuilding.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Also, it's not like EMPs permanently take out the capabilities for electronics to work forever. It might destroy a lot of the functioning technology out there (not all because some things are potected from such things). An EMP wouldn't prevent people from repairing and/or rebuilding.
    a lot of the theories along this line are based on the notion that a) little is hardened against such things and b) it depends on the scale of the EMP attack. so...

• MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol these ? been watching too much revolution. Thank ? I am from a farming country.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    Lol these ? been watching too much revolution. Thank ? I am from a farming country.

ignorance is bliss? i suppose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCnfvd1KhHw
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Humans lived without electricity for such a long time and we are pretty adapatable creatures, yes there will be problems for a while, but after people get on track and protect their communities and farming land, it would be alright.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If nuclear weapons didn't exist this might actually be a real concern.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    a lot of the theories along this line are based on the notion that a) little is hardened against such things and b) it depends on the scale of the EMP attack. so...

That still irrelevant. Again, EMPs only destroy existing electronics. It does not stop anyone from replacing and fixing things.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

That still irrelevant. Again, EMPs only destroy existing electronics. It does not stop anyone from replacing and fixing things.

What electronics are you gonna make or fix without electricity or other electronics?
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Options
    didnt humans create the first electronics with out electronics?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if all the electronics in america get wiped out we will just buy some from canada until we start back using our own.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    ok

so what electronics are you gonna make without electricity bro.. serious question.

the reason experts are tripping about this potential powergrid failure is becuz everything is interconnected. aint no switch to just cut the whole grid back on fam, the ? is fried. you gotta replace ev-ver-ry-thing, startin from the most simplest ? you dont ever think of and take for granted
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    if all the electronics in america get wiped out we will just buy some from canada until we start back using our own.

lol.................

i cant
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ziryab wrote: »
    ok

so what electronics are you gonna make without electricity bro.. serious question.

the reason experts are tripping about this potential powergrid failure is becuz everything is interconnected. aint no switch to just cut the whole grid back on fam, the ? is fried. you gotta replace ev-ver-ry-thing, startin from the most simplest ? you dont ever think of and take for granted

so you dont believe we can start from the bottom again?
    you making yourself look dumn now.
    we'll build light bulbs and build our way back up again.
    may take a while but its been done.
    look at the huge technology jump from the 1940s til now
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    With what is going on currently in the world, I just don't think our enemies are gonna take a timeout when they see us set back 100 years.. if they have any interest in attacking, that would be the moment. even our allies admitted they don't trust ? now. I'm jus putting everything in perspective.

Don't care bout "lookin dumb", I don't kno yall. But apparently yall put trust in alotta ppl
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Not to mention the social chaos that would ensue.. idk where yall from but we call that robbin season